Protecting Your Phone During A Show

exclamationpoint

either keep it in your hand, your bag (if your not in the pit), your car/home, or in a front pocket. when you're dancing, things get lost. so if you love it so much, then leave it at home. if you absolutely have to have it, keep it in your hand at all times.

either keep it in your hand, your bag (if your not in the pit), your car/home, or in a front pocket. when you're dancing, things get lost. so if you love it so much, then leave it at home. if you absolutely have to have it, keep it in your hand at all times.

I WISH I COULD PUT IT IN MY POCKET BUT THE IPHONE IS SO BIG

IOWEHGIUERHG

I always have mind either in my front jean pocket or in my hand. i droppped it once during the last concer, but was easy to pick up. ppl usually know when someone drops a phone and they let you pick it up (fyi: i was about 7 people back ray side) I also tied my hoodie around my waist and that helped keep it in my pocket, it had to get past my hoodie first. hope this helps.

One time at a show I saw some girls who had duct taped their pockets and I thought it was a pretty good idea, but I've never tried it. I shoved my sidekick 2 in my front pocket and I never had a problem with it and that phone was big.

As others have already said here, holding it in your hands throughout the show would be the most surefire way to keep your phone safe during a show.

If you aren't comfortable doing that, wear pants that you know have deep pockets and put your phone in one of your front pockets. Pants made for guys tend to usually have pretty deep pockets. If push comes to shove and you decide you feel most comfortable keeping your phone in your pocket, then go shopping for a pair of pants made for guys, find a pair you feel comfortable in, and if you find a pair that you really like that's a tad bit loose around the waist, wear a belt.

sooo up until a few days ago i had cellphones that i really didnt care much about, they were simple call-text phones.

now i got an iphone and im SO NERVOUS with how to protect/what to do with it during a chem show. i love moving around and dancing and shit soo...

any suggestions?

Swallow it.

There is no place safer than your stomach.

One time at a show I saw some girls who had duct taped their pockets and I thought it was a pretty good idea, but I've never tried it. I shoved my sidekick 2 in my front pocket and I never had a problem with it and that phone was big.

I was thinking about doing that at my next show! :lol:

Glad it survived!

For anyone else reading this thread, I'd play on what Noelle (firestarlight) said. I bought a pair of guys shorts from Old Navy, and they have deep pockets that ZIP UP, so nothing can fall out. Those shorts aren't very cute, but you can hold a bunch of stuff in there, plus they had cargo pockets to hold extras in...like...I'd be able to bring in a sandwich in those shorts if I wanted. I've always been a person who choses comfort over fashion at a show, if I'm going to be hot outside all day or in a mosh pit.

Archived