Sing It For The World: Anti-bullying Campaign

StardustButterflies

Hey everyone!

On the weekend, the Melbourne MCRmy had their first meet-up and we discussed recent bullying issues that have been happening within our community. We acknowledged it happens everywhere and not just the MCRmy community and that something needs to be done.

We're going to be launching a website to offer support to victims of bullying, and hopefully offer inspiration and resources. We need a banner though, and we'd like you guys to get busy submitting your art for our competition!

More details can be found over here. I can't wait to hear from you!

(Dear Mods: I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place - I wasn't sure, but thought I'd give it a go. I'm away at the moment and using free wi-fi that is slow and unreliable - I just wanted to share this with everyone :))

xxMillie

EDIT: We have launched the website!! Check it out here!!

You have my support.

Thank you very much! :D

I mean this in the a complete non bitchy way but "sing it for ______" is losing all meaning.

People are over using it =/

As it so happens, I agree. This is a project some friends and I started working on when the whole Sniper thing happened, but now it's gotten out of control and is being used way too much. I just don't think we should use individuals names.

a, we're all in this together and most, if not all of us, have been bullied at some point or another.

b, if these things are just attention seeking stunts, singing it for a specific person is only encouraging that. It's awful negative attention.

We just felt that "Sing it for the World" was taken directly from one of their songs, and is a universal thing - it's not just supporting any specific individuals.

This is a beautiful idea! I'll support you :)

Thank you :D :D

I'm in B)

HOORAY!!! :D

Great idea ;D

How big is the banner?

Like height and width...

I love that you're making a site for people who are in need of help, it's awesome ^-^'

Thank you :D I'm glad you like it! :)

As for banner size, still undecided, but I'm thinking 1000px x 200px

The content background will be white, just so you know, so any colour matching for the rest of the site will be easy enough once we've selected the winner :)

Thank you for your interest everyone, it's appreciated! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived