Injuries From Shows

RadioactiveSunshine

So you know, I'm chillin out purdy close to the stage jammin to MCR when this crazy chick runs away from the stage slappin everyone in her way (me and my friend think it was 'cause she couldn't get any pot ;) ) so I kinda pushed her away from me so I wouldn't get hit. Well I did. I got a BLACK EYE. And it HURTS. :angry:

I have a few bruises on my legs and a black eye. Anyone else want to share their booboo stories?? :P

I was barricade for this show that was Anberlin/Alkaline Trio/The Used/Taking Back Sunday/The Offspring. Right during The Used, the band I wanted to see most, some crowd surfer falls on my head and made my neck snap forward. It was the worst pain I've ever felt, I would have to say. I was in instant tears and had to get pulled out and taken to a paramedic. -_-!!!!! Then of course there was no way in heck I'd be able to get that barricade spot back because it was a 10,000 person outdoor show. So that kinda sucked and I could barely even pay attention to Taking Back Sunday since I felt like crap, but I got to see an acoustic set by them earlier and they played my song request, so it might've made up for it a bit :P

At MCR in December, my guy friend got punched in the face and got his nose broken. I think it was because it was a radio show an ADTR was right before MCR, so they wanted to try and make MCR fans miserable for our set. So lame.

At the Hamburg show, I totally realised that gravity does in fact mean much to me.

When the doors opened, securities told everyone NOT TO RUN INSIDE THE VENUE. Of course we didn't care and ran inside. There was one step down. I didn't see it so I fell down that one step and hit the floor with my right knee first. I just got up to save my spot at the barricade, but right after a lot of securities came asking me if I was okay. It took quite a few minutes until the pain set in... It's been over a month since that happened and my knee still hurts.

Besides that, just the usual bruises and everything. But I can tell you, there's a reason why securities always tell you to NOT run into a venue.

At the Hamburg show, I totally realised that gravity does in fact mean much to me.

When the doors opened, securities told everyone NOT TO RUN INSIDE THE VENUE. Of course we didn't care and ran inside. There was one step down. I didn't see it so I fell down that one step and hit the floor with my right knee first. I just got up to save my spot at the barricade, but right after a lot of securities came asking me if I was okay. It took quite a few minutes until the pain set in... It's been over a month since that happened and my knee still hurts.

Besides that, just the usual bruises and everything. But I can tell you, there's a reason why securities always tell you to NOT run into a venue.

That sucks!

At the MCR show I went to, security had pretty good control. It was December, so people needed to do the coat check. Security let people in five at a time to avoid crowding. I'm sure it sucked for people farther back, because they had to wait in the cold even longer, but I was at the front so it was great. xD

At the Chicago show this friday (april 15th) I got kicked in the face by some crowd surfer who ended up also punching and dragging my best friend underneath all the crowd.

I have a bunch of bruises on my back from people pushing as well as my legs from people accidentally kicking me because there was so much pushing around. My arms were kinda spared because of me having my hands up for most of the set for The Architects and Neon Trees (I had to take my friend out of the crowd because she just had enough after being dragged down and feeling like she might be trampled). I do have an awkward bruise/cut on the back of my right hand though from trying to pick my friend up.

I couldn't really stand up straight after the show (my back is awkward and having that much force on it just messed it up and it was sore) and a few hairs were lost in the whole pushing and shoving.

Oh and some guy kept using me as a human elbow rest for the two openers... and I tried to ask nicely for him to stop considering he had room to move then, but my collar bone/neck area hurts from him elbowing me.

After all that though, IT WAS SO WORTH IT :D

I had a blast at the show, and I met someone who actually had it worse... I think she got bitten. But in the end, I got home and I treasure all my battle scars.

Like I told my mom, when I get asked why I have an awkward bruise on my face, I'll just say

"I survive the MCR gig at the Aragon Brawlroom"

plus my mentality is that if you aren't at least a bit bruised up, it wasn't a real gig.

...except I keep placing my right hand under my right side of my face and then I remember I have a bruise there waaay too late. AWKWARD.

*ends stupid long post*

Funnily enough, I went to four MCR gigs on the UK tour in Feb and I didn't get any injuries. Not even a scratch or bruise! It wasn't like I was taking it easy either... I was either at the barrier or near the front/middle, and I even accidently got into a pit at one stage. I'm still puzzled about how I survived without any injuries!

From the Chicago show on Friday: My knee is busted up and black and blue, my forearm is bruised and still doesn't feel right, and I have a scratch on my neck from where the girl behind me with long nails kept trying to grab onto me to stay up.

^^ OMG! I was at that show too!!! I was towards Frank's side, with only one person separating me from the barrier. Where were you?

I ended up with this really nasty bruise on my ribs, right underneath-ish, if that makes sense, and it still hurts when I sigh, laugh, cough or move in a certain direction. There was also a bruise on my arm and my feet hurt like fuck from standing on my toes the entire time (cause of course the one person in front of me had to be like ten feet tall *eyeroll*)...

I have a permanent muscle problem in my back from where someone threw a glass beer bottle at the stage and it missed and hit me in the back.

That was at an MSI show, but the person was trying to bottle BMTH.

Edit: I also dislocated my toes during Lostprophets at Reading Festival 2010 :mellow:

^^ OMG! I was at that show too!!! I was towards Frank's side, with only one person separating me from the barrier. Where were you?

Well, I ended up getting barricade on Ray's side, explaining the rib and side problems. It's kinda squishy up there. :3

But for the majority of the show, I was in front of Gerard, a few people back. It was like one giant mosh pit that I could't leave. And there were a few really big guys surrounding me just shoving their elbows into my head/face.

But the show was AMAZING, wasn't it?

<3

I was at the Chicago show, and I have absolutely no idea how I got out without any injuries. I was 7 or 8 rows back from the stage most of the time, and I nearly fell down quite a few times and got a few jabs in the side, but I didn't get a single cut or bruise. It's really odd because I'm the smallest of my friends who were there and the other two had to be pulled out before MCR even got on stage. The only thing I got close to an injury was a little damage to my eardrums because someone was fangirl screaming in my ear the whole time (don't blame her, though). I woke up every morning for a week afterwards and couldn't hear out of my left ear.

I have been to 4 My Chem shows so far. I can't imagine going to a show without getting injured.

November 14th 2005: I was in the 2nd row in the middle/ on Ray's side. The pit was pretty harsh. I was bitten and shoved to the floor by two annoying girls. I was kicked and stood on and ended up with some nasty bruises. I still have a scar from the bite.

April 10th 2007: This was after MCR became well-known here. The crowd was a lot younger. I was 2nd row between Ray and the middle. A lot of people were pushing to get to the front. There was a tiny 11-year old in front of me with her older sister, and I tried to protect her as much as possible from getting sqeezed. I got elbowed a lot and kicked, but I fought for my space with all my heart. The entire right side of my ribcage was bruised. The bruise went all the way from my shoulder to my hip.

July 2007: The concert was at the Roskilde Festival. The crowd was older and the pit was really violent. I overheard a few really drunks guys counting how many "emos" they had hit. A lot of people were there to fight. I was 2nd row right in front of Frank. I was pushed back a couple of rows so many times, but I managed to get back in the 2nd row every time. I was kicked, pushed,scratched, elbowed in the freaking head and generally all over my body, and people were trying to trip me. I have no idea how I survived, must have been the MCR adrenalin. My body was a mess and I limbed for 2-3 weeks.

March 15th 2010: Probably the most calm and most boring crowd I've seen at a MCR show. I was 2nd row between Frank and Mikey. A girl literally 3 times my size pushed me to the side while I was helping a girl out of the crowd, only to take pictures of Gerard. She was leaning on me the entire time and I ended up with a swollen shoulder. <_< Apart from that I got bruises on my legs from kicking.

Well, I ended up getting barricade on Ray's side, explaining the rib and side problems. It's kinda squishy up there. :3

But for the majority of the show, I was in front of Gerard, a few people back. It was like one giant mosh pit that I could't leave. And there were a few really big guys surrounding me just shoving their elbows into my head/face.

But the show was AMAZING, wasn't it?

<3

Oh my God, YES! You were in front of Gerard? Did you see that guy with the weird unicorn horn on his head? I caught a glimpse of him and immediately felt sorry for those standing behind him...

My injuries from the other night (Terminal 5) were just total fail. At the very beginning of MCR's set, I lost my shoe. And so I was jumping up and down on my bare foot for at least an hour so the bottom of my foot is bruised. When I found my shoe, I had to hold it against my side with my wrist because my one hand had a water bottle and the other was free for dancing, etc. So the shoe was digging into my side and wrist the whole time so now they are bruised too -__-

Fail. And my voice is injured too, I don't think I have ever screamed that intensively before. But hey, the show and the boys were great <3

Oh my God, YES! You were in front of Gerard? Did you see that guy with the weird unicorn horn on his head? I caught a glimpse of him and immediately felt sorry for those standing behind him...

Yup! I remember seeing him at the December show too. He was like first in line. His unicorn spike was beautiful, but by the end it looked like a cooked noodle... all limp and sad.

Archived