xmcrxravenx

What's The Last Movie You Watched....

5 hours ago, Indifferent Ignorance said:

Was it good? I haven't seen the last couple of Star Wars films and I know there have been some... mixed feelings.

I know that people are really divided on it and I get why but I really enjoyed it, personally. I thought there were some cool throwbacks to the original trilogy and I think the acting is so good. I love the main characters, [HALF SPOILER] even if a certain relationship didn’t come to fruition the way many of us wanted it to. 

I just saw Frozen II (again) with a friend’s daughter. I still think it’s great but I didn’t like it as much the second time. 

Does Hamilton count? Because, Hamilton. 

(I’m sure you can all guess how much I love LOTR so I’m very supportive)

(also I just found some of the LOTR writing I did when I was 11 lol)

I've never seen Hamilton, I've heard so many good things though. Maybe one day the theatres will reopen and I'll have the money to spend on it! (I know they have the TV version now as well but I dunno, I'm happy to wait for the Real Thing).

The Return of the King

(Turned out I hadn't retained anything from the films, it had been at least 15 years, I have virtually no memory of The Hobbit - book or films - and despite this, my last book was hugely influenced by Tolkien, I just didn't realise at the time.) (Also, banging battle scenes. Epic. Excellent.)

I couldn’t wait, mainly because my sister did the song Burn for a talent show last semester and has been singing it nonstop since so I wanted at least some context. I thought that for a filmed version of a live show it was really good! I don’t want to give much away about the way they did things but it’s a play that lends well to being recorded in a way that feels like the real thing (in my opinion). 

I disliked the Hobbit films personally; in fact, I never saw the third one. Maybe I was expecting too much from them, I thought it would feel like an extension of the LOTR universe but it didn’t, and it was confusing in comparison. I also thought some character additions and certain plot differentials from the book were unnecessary and/or didn’t  make sense. I had hoped that since Peter Jackson was at least somewhat involved it would seem more like a prequel and less likes slightly annoying fanfiction, but...again, I loved the original trilogy so much that I could just be being extraordinarily picky. 

oh, and the last movie I watched was Fantastic Mr. Fox.