Donnie Darko

degausser

I don't understand why people are so OMG THIS FILM.

I didn't find it all that great. But I suppose= time travel, Easter Bunny from hell, burning down school are things that appeal to hip teens...

but as a whole piece, i give it an eeeeh it's alright, at best.

^^I didn't even know it was a movie hip teens are into...I don't know any teenagers personally, though. I did see it when I was 13, but it wasn't really big then, and I didn't really associate with many people. I think a lot of cult films are going through the whole 'hipster' thing right now.

to each his own

i think it's great. it presents some interesting themes and ideas that people can interpret in their own way or at least question themselves. not to mention great imagery, acting and soundtrack.

if it doesn't float your boat, fair enough.

i'm a teenager myself and i know quite a few people my age who enjoyed the film and we're all not very hip at all!

It's one of my top 5 films. I love the ideas in it and how connected things are. It's a well written story. I cried at the end and I still do everytime I watch it. S Darko was pretty bad which is ashame because I liked some of the people who starred in it (when they are in other things) and I had high hopes for it but it failed. But I guess it's like The Crow; the first one was amazing but the ones after just didn't have the shame spark

Donnie Darko was good.

Haven't gotten drunk enough to watch the sequel yet, though.

Same here. I actually cannot be arsed to watch the sequel yet.

I really like Donnie Darko, no so much the Director's Cut, they tried to explain/examine it and I felt more confused than when I watched the first version. In fact I understood the 1st version better.

Definitely one of my favorite movies! After watching it about 15 times, repeatedly, I was able to basically figure out the plot/point. That is, if you analyze it as a sci-fi film, and apply the written chapter parts literally to the rest of the film. I haven't watched it in a long time but yeah, if I had I could explain it in full detail in that way. Hahaha.

Archived