Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

genest

Mcrmy Medics

A lot of you may be familiar with the MCRmy Medics from the old boards. It was a well organised group of soldiers who signed up and were willing help and give advice to soldiers (anonymous and non-anonymous by choice). A lot of people are more willing to talk to strangers or fellow soldiers about their problems than to seek professional help or advice from their friends and family.

I was wondering if soldiers were wanting to continue with this. Who's interested?

the medics was a fantastic idea, i'd be a medic and i'd brobably ask for help from other medics. keep me posted if this picks up again! i have a feeling that i'll be on this site w*y more often than necessary.

I am (:

I always wanted to be a medic on the old boards but always missed when there was an opening. I'd take up the opportunity now, though (:

As far as I know, the medics do still exist (but not in association with this website). The last I heard, they're were recruiting new medics, but then the TSN MCRmy got shut down, and that was put on stand-by for a while. Meanwhile, they continued to help soldiers through twitter and formspring.

Go to the MCRmy Medic's Twitter or Formspring for more details, or email MCRmyMedics@hotmail.com :)

I would love to help out... when I can. Taking 15 hours at university and having a job that wants you to work 30 hours a week... it becomes hard to find free time, but I really would love to do this.

A lot of you may be familiar with the MCRmy Medics from the old boards. It was a well organised group of soldiers who signed up and were willing help and give advice to soldiers (anonymous and non-anonymous by choice). A lot of people are more willing to talk to strangers or fellow soldiers about their problems than to seek professional help or advice from their friends and family.

I was wondering if soldiers were wanting to continue with this. Who's interested?

Hey everyone,

we cannot have topics about self harm on the board as many are not qualified and are not experts. there are a ton of legal implications. Thank you for your understanding.