Recommend A Song?

Sanity

I know there's a topic called "What are you listening to?" but I thought this might be a little different. If the mods think it's pretty much the same thing, they're free to delete this topic. Or tell me & I'll delete...whichever. :P

So I assume everyone here enjoys music. I like finding new stuff to listen to every once & a while(maybe some of you do too). I like sharing songs that I think are awesome to people as well. So I figured why not make a "Recommend a Song" Topic? So this is the way I think it should go:

1. Write the name of the song & who it's by.

(Optional)2. Write the genre(s).

(Optional)3. Add a link to a youtube video with the song(or a link to a site where you can preview it or something).

(Optional)4. Any comments you have on the song.

I added the last ones as optional cuz some people don't like writing or whatnot.

Feel free to give rep for a song you like. ;)

Oh, no flaming please. If someone posts up a song you don't like, don't beat them up for it.

I shall start!

Edit: I made Genre(s) optional. I had it there originally because I was curious about what different sounds were. I understand that's it's hard, so I'm not making it necessary. ^^;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Name: "Atlantic" by Thrice

It's my favourite song next to "The Ghost of You". :P

CB7 - Pretend for the Weekend.

Genre: Indieish I guess...I'm hopeless with genres!

They're supporting 30STM on their US tour at the minute.

Band of Skulls - Cold Fame

Genre: Garage Rock (According to Wikipedia!)

This is one of my favourite recent songs. The rest of the album is more up beat, but still just as good.

1. Thursday, "No Answers"

2. Post-hardcore, alternative

4. Thursday's new album, No Devolucion, was released today. It's completely different from their earlier work, which has a more frantic feel to it; the tracks on No Devolucion are just as introspective as Thursday's discography, but far more atmospheric. I've only listened to this album three or four times, but this song has become a fast favorite.

1. We Were Never Young-Raised By Swans

2. Shoegaze/indie rock

These guys are from London, Ontario. They tend to have a cleaner sound than old-school shoegaze/lo-fi, but they still have that dreamy feel. This song was pretty heavily featured in the movie Chloe, and it showed the band practicing this song at The Rivoli in Toronto.

Listening to these songs is way better than listening to any Radio station here.

Radio's way too repetitive. <_<

Thanks for posting! I honestly have enjoyed listening to all of the songs in this topic so far.

Thursday's new album, No Devolucion, was released today. It's completely different from their earlier work, which has a more frantic feel to it; the tracks on No Devolucion are just as introspective as Thursday's discography, but far more atmospheric. I've only listened to this album three or four times, but this song has become a fast favorite.

Holy crap. The last Thursday album I listened to was "War All The Time" & this is definitely different from that. A good different.

"The Great Golden Baby" by Circa Survive

This is the first song I heard by them. It's soothing to me. :lol:

Country Song by Seether

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu4zgZz3E4U

This song is fairly atypical for Seether, in that, in following with the title, it is a country song. But it's also a dirty, heavyish rock song.

I'm pimpin' this one out because Seether are my second favourite band, and this is their new single. The video is out on the 19th, and they're currently touring the US. Their album Holding Onto Strings Better Left To Fray is out May 17th :D

If you like this one, I'd recommend Fake It, which is also a mix of genres - this time, it kind of has a swing beat. If you're looking for heavier stuff, try Gasoline or Needles, and if you want something more emotional, try Plastic Man (one of my favourites) or The Gift (another one of my favourites!).

You all have a spectacular taste in music.

Getting Away ~ Joe Brooks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aohc_D_qK5c

This song was the first song I heard of his, about 4 years ago back when he was unsigned.

It never fails to make me happy, it's just the perfect blend of guitar and voice.

Just automatically makes me think of summer when I hear it.

Marching Band ~ Joe Brooks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Efk-HU8EII

This is a more recent song, it loses some of the rawness that you hear in 'Getting Away' but that's more than made up for by the power in his voice.

If you haven't guessed, I'm slightly obsessed with this guy.

I got the opportunity to go to one of his soundchecks a couple of years ago, and got a picture taken with him.

Much like Frank, he had to stand on tip-toes to look as if he was taller than me and my friend. :lol:

Anybody who liked my previous Seether suggestion (and anybody who didn't!), here's the video for Country Song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDepqD_Wlkg

It only came out a few days ago! If you like Na Na Na, I think you'll like this (video-wise). They're completely different, but both fun and action packed.

I have so much love for this video right now :D

Archived