What Mcr Song Helped You Through A Tough Time?

hopelessriot

Whether its when you got in a fight with a friend or your parents splitting up to even being on the verge of ending it, i wanna know what song pulled you from the brinked, stopped you from going over the edge!

My parents fight a lot even though they have no separated. Whether it's about money to where me and my sister are going to stay, they are forever at eachothers throats! every time i fell like i'm about to scream and pull my hair out, i listen to the true MCR classic 'I'm not okay'. its sums up pretty much everything i feel, i just wanna scream to my parents 'HELLO, I'M NOT O-FUCKING-KAY!'

Screaming that at the top of your voice in your room is great anger therapy!!

'BE BEAUTIFUL, KEPP IT UGLY!'

The kids from yesterday. I have never cried at an mcr show before. Until I heard that song for the first time live. I needed that song and that show so much.

Other songs are disenchanted. Famous last words. Skylines and turnstiles. Pretty much all of revenge.

One song that just sends chills down my spine would be Cancer. With Cancer, my aunt was fighting a battle with cancer, and it was really hard to cope with that she may not be with us much longer. When I bought The Black Parade cd, hearing Cancer choked me up and in a way made me realize that it was going to be alright. Hearing the lyrics made me feel like my aunt was speaking to me, telling my family and I everything will be fine; and everything will be ok. She died two weeks later, but I felt I was able to get past her death with that song.

I'm going to say I'm Not Okay because that was pretty much the first MCR song that struck a chord with me when I got into them and now it's still that song that when I hear live or listen to I can't help but smile. It came into my life when I needed it the most.

When I'm pissed off- Our Lady of Sorrows

When I feel like crying- Desert Song

lately- Kids From Yesterday because I've literally been left in the dust by one of my friends just for the pure simple reason she no longer needed me and she was my best friend for 6 years and really my only friend. I don't know what it is but something about that song gives me the shivers and I've burst into tears hearing it and remembering the good times "so hold on tight and don't look back"

yep. gunna go cry now

/useless :I

"It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Deathwish" helped me through so many different things.

The death of a family member, episodes of deep depression, the end of a relationship with an ex boyfriend, and things like that.

I know that sounds cheesy as hell, but through all of the things that song helped me through, it taught me to cherish life and to love all of the beautiful aspects of it, even if those aspects are fleeting.

lately- Kids From Yesterday because I've literally been left in the dust by one of my friends just for the pure simple reason she no longer needed me and she was my best friend for 6 years and really my only friend. I don't know what it is but something about that song gives me the shivers and I've burst into tears hearing it and remembering the good times "so hold on tight and don't look back"

yep. gunna go cry now

/useless :I

*hugs* I'm sorry to hear that happened to you :( I've been there.

My very first best friend and I were thick as thieves for years. She was the only friend I had at the time that I really felt a connection to, and after about seven years or so, our friendship disintegrated. She lost interest in it and just stopped associating with me.

It hurt a lot, but the say that time heals all wounds is true.

You'll find new friends over time, and eventually, you'll find another best friend.

Cherish the memories you and your old best friend share.

Don't let them bring tears to your eyes.

Smile.

She'd want that.

My very first best friend and I were thick as thieves for years. She was the only friend I had at the time that I really felt a connection to, and after about seven years or so, our friendship disintegrated. She lost interest in it and just stopped associating with me.

You'll find new friends over time, and eventually, you'll find another best friend.

Smile.

She'd want that.

Lost my best friend to drugs about 3 years ago.

You are not alone.

Smile.

She'd want that.

aw thnx. :/ guess what hurts the most is I've tried talking to her and I know she gets my messages she just doesn't answer and has a whole bunch of new artsy friends that I just don't connect with. sucks but I'll get on alright just trying to move on just glad to have somewhere to socialize again and mcr is always a big help :]

My parents got divorced almost a year ago, and i was in a pretty bad depression.

Listening to MCR helped me in trying to dig myself out of the hole i made.

"I'm not Okay" and "The Kids From Yesterday" especially helped me during the hardest moments of my life

my parents recently divorced too..its pretty tough :[

Archived