Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tina

Clarifications on Sexualizing the Band/ Comments

and why do people use "rape" so casually? thats no laughing matter.

At one of the shows on this tour, a girl behind me confided in the people around her that her father had sexually abused her and raped other family members. Then later she talked about how she would rape Gerard. Does not compute

Girls saying they would rape a guy really offends me. Just because you are female doesn't make it okay

I agree, but maybe it was her way of letting go of her nervousness after saying such a thing to a group of people? The affects of something like that are not simple.

At one of the shows on this tour, a girl behind me confided in the people around her that her father had sexually abused her and raped other family members. Then later she talked about how she would rape Gerard. Does not compute

Girls saying they would rape a guy really offends me. Just because you are female doesn't make it okay

That's scary.

That's probably a rare reaction, though killerwerebunny. I'm absolutely not saying that it wasn't a nervous reaction, because it could have been, but anybody I know who has gone through it hate to even say the word. I guess that psychologically, everybody reacts differently, but that is an uncomfortable thing to say nonetheless.

Its good that this rule is here,

but now im worrying incase i have used faggot or talked of rape...

But just to sling this out there pointlessly,

there is a type of pork named "faggot" apparently...

The rules arn't that hard though, just make sure you dont type anything that you wouldnt be ashamed of your mum seeing...

And search for already existing posts...

I think there was actually a study where kids who were abused or who's familys didnt conect emotionally with them end up a bit like that.

Like if you get beten up by your parents your more likely to beat up your partner

I hope that kids alright though =s

as someone who studied women's human rights, and has worked with survivors.... thank you, thank you, THANK YOU. It's just not funny. I don't get why people think it's okay, ever.

Can't we all just make fun of sticking a hand in a cupcake?

I'm really glad this is up and on the forum. It's actually really sad that they're thought of that way so much, because they're absolutely not. Yes they are attractive, and yes given the chance some of us would partake in certain activties, but seriously, it's a little immature in my opinion. As for the "rape", it should never be thrown around so loosely. You don't know if the person posting before or after you may have been raped, and it could trigger bad things (like cutting or horrible nightmares, anxiety attacks, etc). So thank you Tien for putting this up and making it clear as daylight to everyone :]

Thank you so much for putting this up. :)

Granted, I haven't been a witness to any of these posts on the site, but even just hearing about it makes me feel really awkward. :/

I'm really glad this is a rule. It gets super awkward when people go too far with their fan-girling sometimes. Haha, and I get a kick out of seeing someone's post on a picture of Frank or something and having it be replaced by (comment removed, no sexualizing the band)

ha.ha.

I'm actually embarrassed with my young self, some of the shit I said about these dudes. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What the shit?

i agree. just cuz ur a girl dont mean u should be talkin about doing things to Gerard or even a guy tht way! its just wrong! people lik tht just kinda get me worried/scared, thts why i try and be careful to who i talk to at MCR shows cuz i know people have said there's alot of girls at MCR concert so.....well u kno where im going here, so theres no need for me to say it.

Perhaps the wrong wording, especially if she's a rape victim herself. I see what she was saying, but that seems a little off coming from a girl who claims to have been raped.

I feel this way too!!! You know, im there writing a nice fan fic about the life in the Zones. It had NO sexual way between ANYONE, because i think thats gross.... I've seen people do it before and i was thinking "Would you SERIOUSLY do this??" It's wrong and creepy!! It's bad that this had to be said, but it's good that we protect people from this.... Could there just be a life that has nice fan fics and nothing sexual in em??? Geez killjoys!!!

Thank you so much for clarifying this. Rape is so not funny, I don't understand why people would joke about it.

Edit: Does this mean that we can report threads that are like "who is the hottest?" 'Cause I've seen a few of those around.

Ohmygod.. What the heck kind of post is that??? I think to the people who did this should lead to banding from the site. That's not respectful!! :angry: DANG PEOPLE!!!!

OoO I'm shocked that FANS would do this. I'm not sure how any of these offenses would justify anything at all! Rape is a serious matter that should NOT be a joke. The f word people use (not fuck but the word I'm talking about I find really hard to say or type) is really disresectful. Why can't there be more posts in the web of art and true beauty in the world as well as actual funny things like the cupcake smashing instead?? :) I'm sick of it!! :angry: Maybe that could be a mission; spread the art and true beauty to the world. Stop sexualizing the world and tainting it with garbage. (just a suggestion)

And for anyone else who writes or reads in this thread please just repect people. You don't have be like others or agree with them. Think. Is it offensive? Will others get hurt/disturbed/uncomfortable in any way and is it really worth it?? just spread the word of RESPECT OTHERS AND YOURSELF!!!

if somehow this offends you I'm truely sorry. :( I just want people to be respectful and actually think and stop being ignorant. I really feel strongly about this and just want people to feel safe and have fun here because it's hard to find a safe and fun enviroment and I REALLY want this site to be it :) (sorry is it's too long as well) :/

This rule is the reason I joined the forum along with the 'no talking about private lives'.

I feel exactly the same. INO irritated the hell out of me for all this squealing over its, let's say... mature content...

I see no need for that sort of fan fiction, and I think a band member is entitled to personal privacy. you wouldn't go to wait for the band after the show and start asking them about their sex lives so why put those sort of speculations on the internet? totally disrespectful.

the band themselves have said they dislike the creepy fiction yet it still gets made...

<_<

I'm glad this is a sensible forum