Starland Ballroom: May 7th And 8th

zombieserenade

The other topic is locked, so hopefully it's alright I'm creating a new one.

Who is going to either of these NJ shows? ARE YOU EXCITED?

Be aware that at this venue, those who purchased Star Parking passes will be in a separate line, on the left side, and get let in a few minutes before the main line, at the main entrance on the right. Feel free to ask any questions about it, but please keep the complaining about it being unfair off the boards.

I will be at both the 7th and 8th.

I'm in love with Thursday's new album. I am equally excited to see them at this point. I'm glad they join the tour a few days before our shows so I can get an idea of what their set will be like.

I am going, and I think in wrote on then other one. But do you guys have any suggestions of how to get there from New York? And how do I get a Star parking pass or what is it?

You would be best driving in since Starland is in the middle of nowhere, but a NJ transit bus may be able to get you nearby. I think Starland Ballroom's site has info on directions, and you could call them to ask.

Star Parking Passes appear to be sold out.

Everyone going to these shows should just be aware of this, which was added on the Starland site specifically under the MCR event listings:

A NOTE TO TICKETHOLDERS: The Starland Ballroom parking lots will open at 2pm on May 7th, at which time patrons will be permitted to begin parking and lining up. Customers will not be permitted on the Starland property before 2pm. Patrons should be aware that overnight camping in Sayreville is prohibited by law and violators may be subject to fines and / or arrest.

fines or arrest

Dang arrest? Sheesh thats harsh. I can see mcr fans being toted off in police cars.... nooooooo! I gotta see the show! Someone bail me out!

LOL

Srsly

The ballroom must know a little about MCR fan bases hard core love of the band and their tendency to camp out to put that up on their particular date specifically. I saw someone post they were gonna park across the street at VFW and sleep in their truck... I guess that would be a alternative, if VFW doesn't have their lot roped off for the same reason. :S

Why are people coming from different states/countries for this show? Am i missing something? :blink:

Well like me for example, they have never come to WV, So I'm driving over 7 hours. The closest they have come to me is PA, but I dont like the venue they were at in Philly. I have seen them in NY, NJ, MD, PA, OH. I have seen them over 10 times and met them several times.

Gerard 3

Mikey 2

Bob 2

Ray 3

Frank 4

Hopefully I'll get to add count after this show... but if I dont, I wont be pissed... I was so upset after a philly show to see fans punch the bus and scream obsenities at them for leaving without stopping. Sometimes they do sometimes they dont. Of course we are dissappointed when we wait until 4 in the freezing rain, but it was our choice to take that chance. That night they were running late because they had stayed to spend time with their family, I believe it was franks birthday or a member of his familys birthday and they had to shoot off to OH. I was so upset to see those girls punch that bus and scream 'assholes' 'f*&^ you' its things like that that make them less likely to stay after a show... so please, and I know that most of us mcrmy folk wouldnt behave in that manner, probably just some random fans... but please, understand, it is our choice to stay and wait, but it isnt their duty to stay... if they do stop, it is a privilage, and we should treat it as such!

:)

Srsly

The ballroom must know a little about MCR fan bases hard core love of the band and their tendency to camp out to put that up on their particular date specifically. I saw someone post they were gonna park across the street at VFW and sleep in their truck... I guess that would be a alternative, if VFW doesn't have their lot roped off for the same reason. :S

I assume it's a town law, not the venue's choice. Sayreville sucks, the police are not going to let people hang out along the road or in the parking lot of other businesses, especially overnight.

Archived