Chords/tabs

ZombieKid

I just got the idea to start a topic where everyone can pos Tabs/chords etc. and help each other to learn new songs on the instrument you play.

I think about MCR-Songs but even songs by some other bands who is popular on MCRmy, you know, Green Day and Panic! ATD etc.

I'll start it all by post tabs to disenchanted on guitar (I play it acoustic);

disenchanted_141867637.jpg

I think it sounds right, but if you have another version, post it! :)

Hope you'll find something you like! :)

Cool i play it a bit different but i guess if it works for you thats good

I did this For an assignment and we are playing from it so its pretty correct there are some parts you can add like the guitar part ray dose live in the verses and the solo but usually with lead sheets you only put in the most important parts with the form of the song being the chords and main melodies and the other parts have to be worked out by the musicians playing it.

Sing LEAD SHEET.pdf

C# (should be b5) is just this:

e:------------|

B:------------|

G:-----6-----| you can leave this note out if it sounds to dissonant for you

D:-----6------|

A:-----5------|

E:-------------|

and the

D#(b5)

e:------------|

B:------------|

G:-----7-----|

D:-----7------|

A:-----6------|

E:-------------|

these chords sound weird by itself but in the context to the other chords before and after them it works

For the extra part ray plays in the verse you just play an Em

like this vv but listen for the rhythm and for when it comes in on the verses (live its rays guitar part, on the record its the synth part)

e:-----------|

B:----17---|

G:----16---|

D:----14---|

A:-----------|

E:-----------|

For the bit ray dose in the Bridge (i did not tab this vvv) it comes half way through listen for it

e|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

B|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

G|-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9--11-11-11-11-11-11-11-11--12-12-12-12-12-12-12-12-|

D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

B|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

G|--14-14-14-14-14-14-14-14--16-16-16-16-16-16-16-16--19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-|

D|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|---------------------------17-17-17-17-17-17-17-17--------------------------------|

B|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

G|--21-21-21-21-21-21-21-21--------------------------------------------------------|

D|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

A|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|

E|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think you guys could translate these to piano chords? Or better yet, teach me how to read guitar tabs so I can play them on piano? :3

sure, I can try to explain, I'm not so good at english, but I'll try:

(I take this tab as example):

e:-----------|

B:----17---|

G:----16---|

D:----14---|

A:-----------|

E:-----------|

the letters is the strings, 'e' is the high e-String, 'B' is the b-String etc. the numbers (here 17, 16 and 14) is which fret you gonna put your finger on. So on this tab, you put a finger, for example on the 17th fret on the B-string.

Hope you understand! :)

(if you don't understood, just tell me, and I'll explain more!)

the piano chords are in the PDF in my last post

Pretty much all you have to do like Zombie Kid said

but if you reading for piano

go to the B key and then count 17 semi tones up :D

For those weird chords like D# b5 best way to work it out is play

D Major then raise it a semi tone and you get D# major

and then lower the 5th (the third note in your triad) a semitone

Hope this helps

hey, you guys play piano/keyboard, right? do you have any notes to any My chem song to piano? I want to learn, I can only play a Good Charlotte song, and Black parade, and I'm on my way to learn a Pencey Prep song. So if you know any My Chem songs (exept parade), can you give me the notes?

Thanks. :)

hey, you guys play piano/keyboard, right? do you have any notes to any My chem song to piano? I want to learn, I can only play a Good Charlotte song, and Black parade, and I'm on my way to learn a Pencey Prep song. So if you know any My Chem songs (exept parade), can you give me the notes?

Thanks. :)

These are some i have found on the web that i have checked to be correct although in some there are missing chords

im not okay... Easy as PIE

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/my_chemical_romance/im_not_okay_i_promise_crd.htm

Na NA NA - Fun to play

http://www.1stchords.com/na-na-na-chords-my-chemical-romance/

Planetary Go

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/my_chemical_romance/planetary_go_ver2_crd.htm#comments

Cancer - fun to play on piano

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/my_chemical_romance/cancer_crd.htm

I've figured out some of SING on piano and blood, but I'm desperate to learn cancer.

Is the guitar and piano chords the same for that? 'cause then I just need to figure out the left and right hand stuff :/

x''D

Oh, can you please teach me to play blood!? I really wanna know how to play it! :)

And I've tried out the black parade on piano (and I think I play it right) and now I maybe can make a 'how-to-play'-video, should I? :)

It's hard for me to play tabs. I understand chords but when tabs get all jammed together I don't understand them besides solos.

Would it be easier if you get an how-to-play-Video?

I can see if there are any good, if not, I can make one.

what other bands do you guys like?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived