Classic Rock

Houses Of The Holy

Van Halen, Def Leppard, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Guns N Roses, Kansas, AC/DC, Tom Petty, Nirvana, Metallica, Rob Zombie, The Doors, The Misfits, The Beatles, Iron Maiden, Elvis, Johnny Cash, Michael Jackson, Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath, Morrissey, Tesla.

I know they're not all "rock", but it's all I could think of for now.

Guest WildEyedJoker18

THIS^^

My mum still has all her old Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin and Alice Cooper records. I used to love the School's Out record, it literally folded out into a mini school desk!!

466476683_08557e9709.jpg

That is SO cool. :)

Sorry, I just find old stuff fascinating. Also, I LOVE Credence. I don't care if that makes me an old man. Bad Moon Rising will always be one of my favorite songs. :)

THIS^^

My mum still has all her old Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin and Alice Cooper records. I used to love the School's Out record, it literally folded out into a mini school desk!!

466476683_08557e9709.jpg

I have a newer pressing of that School's Out record. I love it ever so much. As soon as I get a job again I'm gunna start getting all the vinyl of Alice Cooper and The Beatles at least, but I need to finish MCR first ;)

yes the ramones count. Though some of the bands other people mentioned are not totally considered classic rock or classic just yet. Classic Rock was the first music I ever knew and loved. My dad probably has one of the best classic rock collections in the world. I love the beatles (and their solo stuff including McCartney's band WINGS), David Bowie,pink floyd, the who, led zepplin, alice copper, Peter Gaberial, the rolling stones, geneius, jimi hendrix, the doors, the animals, eric clapton (and every band he was in), jethro tull, sex pistols, the police, the clash, etc etc etc.

Love classic rock, it's awesome! :) Actually, I'm surprised at you all... this entire thread, nobody mentioned The Eagles! :P I don't care what anybody says, I will stand by The Eagles until death.

Some others I like are Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Metallica, The Runaways, Guns N' Roses, Elton John, Queen, David Bowie, and more. :P (Yes, you're right, there is not a band called More. xD)

• 3 months later...

Sure.

When do you think a band becomes a classic rock band, by the way? After how many years?

My mum and I had been to a 60s rock tribute very recently. It was a proper concert, with expensive production and all and with various artists taken part, for charity. We both had a very good time. :D

Hmm, some of the songs, I might be wrong with the titles:

You Really Got Me - The Kinks

Dream A Little Dream of Me

Bobby McGee - Janis Joplin

Foxy Lady - Jimmy Hendrix

Nights In White Satin

Black Magic Woman - Santana

San Francisco

Suspicious Minds - Elvis

Bridge Over Troubled Water

Knocking on Heaven's Door - Bob Dylan

People Are Strange - The Doors - cue me pretending to know the words from the beginning, and realising I still don't :P

House of The Rising Sun and Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (one of my favourite songs) - I think both are by The Animals

Lola - The Kinks

Satisfaction - The Rolling Stones

My Generation ( -love it!) - The Who

Back in the USSR and Get Back - The Beatles

Let The Sunshine In - 'Hair' OST

I will stand by The Eagles until death.

I'm not sure I would have known about them otherwise, but Hotel California is one of my sister's favourite songs. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived