Mcr Touring A Little Unfair?

strychninetwitch

wow I am totally gonna sound like a whiny little bitch but:

Okay so I really think MCR touring is a little unfair to some people. They are set to play summer shows in UK/Europe which will make that the 3rd time they have toured there for this album. I just watched an interview with Ray and Mikey where Ray said that after the UK summer show they will be going back to the US again.

I mean do you really need to tour there that many times? What about other countries like Australia, New Zealand, South America and other parts of Asia that aren't Japan.

You'd think when they said 'World Contamination Tour' they didn't just mean America and UK/Europe.

I understand that it's frustrating, but it really is dependent on so many factors...venues, laws, etc. I'm sure that they would love the opportunity to see the faces of their fans in every country, but it's a difficult thing, and I don't think they schedule their own tours. Perhaps you could try petitioning or something like that. I know it sucks, maybe it'll change. <3

wow I am totally gonna sound like a whiny little bitch but:

Okay so I really think MCR touring is a little unfair to some people. They are set to play summer shows in UK/Europe which will make that the 3rd time they have toured there for this album. I just watched an interview with Ray and Mikey where Ray said that after the UK summer show they will be going back to the US again.

I mean do you really need to tour there that many times? What about other countries like Australia, New Zealand, South America and other parts of Asia that aren't Japan.

You'd think when they said 'World Contamination Tour' they didn't just mean America and UK/Europe.

agree with you!! this will be their 3rd time in UK they haven't been to Australia even once, and Asia which is like the biggest continent and has most no. of ppl they never tour there.

they'll just come to japan and go back, which is bad. if they're contaminating the world they should really come to Asia. i mean rite now they r just re contaminating Europe again and again, its not fair. we ppl in asia barely get to see any band. leave alone MCR

I agree with you!!

They haven't been to Australia since 2007!! We even had to miss out on the Black Parade with all the costumes and makeup because they finished it in Mexico, just before they came to Australia!!

I know it's expensive to tour here, but 30STM have mentioned about coming here at the end of the year which'll make it the third time in less than 2 years!!

And I know their fan base isn't massive here but if they put the hard yards in and came out here a few times maybe it would be bigger!

I must admit it was a bit disheartening when they said that their plans were to tour America, do you UK festivals... then tour America again :huh:

Not just MCR but for a lot of people the 'World' seems to be America and Europe these days <_<

Although I'm sure its difficult to organise tours I suppose we'll just have to wwaaaiit :P

... What I hate more though (in relation to Australia) is when bands like the Killers play a show in Sydney and a show in Melbourne and consider that a 'tour' of Australia or just dont come at all... are we part of the commonwealth for nothing?! I reckon that should at least entitle us to english bands :P

... What I hate more though (in relation to Australia) is when bands like the Killers play a show in Sydney and a show in Melbourne and consider that a 'tour' of Australia or just dont come at all... are we part of the commonwealth for nothing?! I reckon that should at least entitle us to english bands :P

I'm from Melbourne and even I hate that, it makes tickets harder to get (which I know is the idea but still...)!! I feel sorry for the peeps in Tassie and Darwin, coz even when bands go to most capital cities they always get overlooked!!

gah yea.. im a bit annoyed at this too but i understand that the band doesn't really have a say about where they go to a certain extent.

im sick of bloody biber, and Kesha and usher and shitty acts that come here and only good bands to see that have been here recently are Metallica and ACDC. Thank god for local bands.

i think its rubbish to say that its expensive to tour here our dollar is pretty much equal to the US dollar at the moment its not like they haven't been flying their stuff over to Europe anyway... im sure its the same effort ... although im not sure how close together each venue is. i know for australia they would have to fly to each city because its just stupid to drive.

im lucky i live in sydney but what about people that live in Perth all the way over the other side.. any way im pretty sure on there last tour they did do Australia properly because the tour dates on my shirt im pretty sure have other cities but i know some other bands don't.

i have only seen them once in 2007 and as it was said before they didn't even have the costumes and makeup although they had shit load of pyro and it was amazing i still feel like i missed out on seeing mcr at their fullest.

i know at the start of the tour they talked on the radio and said they where comming this year so im looking forward to when they do i hope they do more than one show in each city

If they miss perth I will be crushed :o

Although generally bands have been pretty good about coming to perth lately... I thought I heard that any Australian tour would possibly be at the end of this year, but more likely be next year.... Im just thankful we were mentioned!! At least we know theyre planning to come eventually! :D

Although I agree it does seem they tour Europe/UK a lot, they have only played Newcastle(UK) twice since '07 which was once in '07 and once this year... I don't know what shows they did before then but it hasn't been much.

I agree its totally unfair, they only go to the UK and the USA constantly but they forget about the rest of the world. Like the only time they came to my country they played just 1 F##king show. Like its really unfair i dont know who organizes their touring but its total crap what they are doing. Plus one other thing i hate about this tour so far is that so far from what ive seen they ar eonly playing about 1 hour shows or 1 hour and a half shows, and i believe thats also really unfair a show should last at least 2 hours specially given the price of tickets nowadays and i believe they should play more songs from Danger Dyas, i love the old albums but i want to hear them play the new stuf fyou know? Like when Green Day came to Argentina they did only 1 show but played 3 hours and a half and played most of the new stuff and some old stuff.

I agree its totally unfair, they only go to the UK and the USA constantly but they forget about the rest of the world. Like the only time they came to my country they played just 1 F##king show. Like its really unfair i dont know who organizes their touring but its total crap what they are doing. Plus one other thing i hate about this tour so far is that so far from what ive seen they ar eonly playing about 1 hour shows or 1 hour and a half shows, and i believe thats also really unfair a show should last at least 2 hours specially given the price of tickets nowadays and i believe they should play more songs from Danger Dyas, i love the old albums but i want to hear them play the new stuf fyou know? Like when Green Day came to Argentina they did only 1 show but played 3 hours and a half and played most of the new stuff and some old stuff.

I know what you mean about them not playing all of Danger Days, although I was soooo thrilled they played a lot of stuff from other albums I couldn't understand why they didn't play the whole of Danger Days 0.o

i believe they should play more songs from Danger Dyas, i love the old albums but i want to hear them play the new stuf fyou know? Like when Green Day came to Argentina they did only 1 show but played 3 hours and a half and played most of the new stuff and some old stuff.

They played like 7/8 songs out of 12 at many recent shows...

bands usually can't decide themselves where they're playing, it's up to the arranger to ask the bands to come play and then it has to fit in with the band's schedule. so that you complain here is absolutely fruitless, you should complain to the ones who arrange the shows in your area. get in touch with them and say you want to see MCR live and something might happen.

In a...nicer version

A lot goes on than we'd realize. I think the venues pay/s rents out it's space so that comes into play, some cities are more music friendly than others and maybe the tour manager (whom I assume is in charge of tours) could have a bias at cites and venues.

I live in Honduras (probably you'll have to google it). As hard as it is to say it, MCR would never make a concert in here :( (i try not to loose the hope). And i know i'm not alone in this, wanna hear you oppinion!

Oh and i'm sorry for my crappy english lol :blink:

same here! I'm from Egypt, I don't think I'll ever see them in my life :( :( :(

:(

Maybe you could try to save up some money and see them in another country close to yours?

I've done that a lot of times when I've wanted to see bands that take freaking forever until they decide to visit Sweden..

Haha i know but there are two problems.. first is the fact the nearest country they have been is Mexico, too faaaaar away from me :S

and second, i'm only 15 so i can't travel by myself as much as i wish :/

thanks fot the support :')

its probably cheaper for MCR management people etc. to fly you guys who live in smaller cities/countries far way that mcr don't go to, to a another country/city than to tour in your country.

i know that the boys have no control over this stuff but im glad theres a place for us to talk about it because its good to vent some times :D and to hear other peoples situations. i feel sorry for you guys that have to travel over seas to see mcr and im grateful that MCR come to Australia.

i do agree that bands that are nearing bigger status should be doing more than one show in places that they don't visit as often.. im really praying that mcr do a secret show in sydney or like a smaller show as well as a big show to make up for the cancelled side show at luna park. but if not ill just be happy that they come lol

Archived