Doesn't It Annoy You When...

Earlier today, while I sat peacefully listening to MCR album on my ipod, a girl in my class came up and asked me what I was listening to. Now here's the many problems with this situation:

1. The girl had never heard of my chemical romance, a crime in itself

2. As soon as she put in a headphone, she yanked it out within 20 seconds, not even listening to enough of the song before exclaiming 'this is so hardcore and emo!!! Why the hell would you listen to this shit?!?!' (I was playing Welcome to the Black Parade)

3. She now refuses to listen to any other MCR songs, saying that they're all emo, despite my arguements that every album is different:blink:

This really got me peeved. Some people are so ignorant sometimes and that girl missed out on listening one of the best bands ever! Has anyone else had to deal with this kind of situation before, MCR related or not?dry.gif

Yeah it happens,

I think its funny because theyre just judgeing them by 20 secs. I try to ignore them and know that they dont know

1. Anything about MCR

2. What they are missing out on!

Its true though...if its not about flowers and ponies its automatically an "emo" song. <_<

Yeah it happens,

I think its funny because theyre just judgeing them by 20 secs. I try to ignore them and know that they dont know

1. Anything about MCR

2. What they are missing out on!

Its true though...if its not about flowers and ponies its automatically an "emo" song. dry.gif

'flowers and ponies', what a great way to put it:D

more concerned about her violent reaction to other people's items,Then she goes off and insults you. Like, hello, no one force you try that music, you asked. That does really irk me. I don't think some have the know how to act like proper humans. You didn't smack her did you? Because I would have in my head, and then just glared at her from a distance....

I've never dealt with someone who would badmouth the good name of My Chemical Romance to my face (for fear of being beaten to death) but I have, however, dealt with many people who dislike the fact that I listen to 'heavy' music.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize PIERCE THE VEIL was heavy. The last time I checked, Converge was heavy (who I adore, but I digress) I think that's the only thing that gets me about people who want me to give them a listen to whatever I'm playing in my car/on my iPod. It's just like, I realize that this is now not your cup of tea, but please, do not tell me that something that I would consider Post-Hardcore (POST being the keyword here) as heavy. If anything, it's "Punk Rock Lite"

Bitches don't know shit about genres of music XD

yes! All of my friends. Normally I wouldn't care too much if it were just random people. I mean I care...but it bothers me so much that I quit caring because I know I can't change it. But yeah my own friend said MCR were fags and that they sucked. She'd never heard a song, and she had only listened to Welcome to the Black Parade before she said that (not my friend anymore...but not because of just that). And my other friends are kind of space cases, they never really fully listen to music before deciding they like it. They like easy simple pop music. Which is fine. There's nothing wrong with that, but most of the time I like to listen to the full song or at least the first minute and couple seconds of it before I fully declare that I hate it. And what sucks is that my stupid friends try and force all their music on me, but when I say "hey, listen to my music" they're just so f-ing stubborn and won't listen. But it's not always this way...we have our ups and downs. I dunno, I've been a music loner for almost my whole life. I love having all my great music to myself...I'm happy that at least I've discovered it. I try and get my friends to listen to it...and eventually if I can just hold them down and make them patient...they actually start to like it. I got my mom to like MCR...and my mom listens to like Van Morrison and Tracy Chapman...oldies and pop. But I did it, she loves my music. But yeah, I'm glad MCRmy exists...cause we all love the same band and think the world of them.

It is really annoying, a couple of my fiends were a little like that,

so i waited...

and then for there tastes i made thm listen to different songs off danger days

my bestie who likes slow songs i gave summertime, she still likes it

the other, i gave planetary, and she really liked it

so what ya need to do is, get her to listen to planetary or when shes inn the area play it out loud XD

Honestly I judge _a lot_ of bands/singers after 20 seconds.. Put on a Chris Brown song and feel like cutting my ears of with a broken record after 10.

I've never really gotten the whole "omg how can they not like mcr!!?!?!" thing, I mean come on people's taste in music differ.

It's kinda the same thing right? :mellow:

I follow a 'too each his own' policy, cause not al my friends like MCR. I only just , like with in the last few weeks, got my husband into MCR but he only really likes Danger Days (as well as The Ghost of You, Teenagers and the opening of WttBP, but only the opening) cause he said the other stuff is the kind of music he dislikes. He's never dissed them though cause he knows I like them.

Granted, he's a major Tool/NIN fan (which I got him into :lol: ) so MCR wouldn't be his cup of tea.

Sometimes I have this problem, too. Only one of my frinds like them, the others not but they don't say any bad things about them because they know they would risk their lives :P

But the others, for example my classmates, all say MCR sucks. I live in Hungary, they are not so well-known here and people jut see 10 seconds from their videos and say they are "fucking emo stuff" because they have this way of thinking: men with instruments + dark clothes + somebody dies in the vid = fucking emo stuff. It's quite bad because of course it's not a shame for me that I like them, I'm proud of being a Killjoy but I know if I tell anyone they will just roll their eyes. They don't understand what it's all about, if a lyrics is not about love or contains some methafores which you have to think about a bit, they ignore it.

At first I was sad becuse of this, but now I don't give a damn about them and anyway I have you, my fellow Killjoys, who understand me! (L)

It's one thing not to care for it, everybody has different tastes in music. But to make such harsh comments after hearing only a little bit of one song pisses me off. At least listen to an entire song before making any judgement. People really miss out on amazing music, such as MCR, by not giving it a chance. It's their loss.

more concerned about her violent reaction to other people's items,Then she goes off and insults you. Like, hello, no one force you try that music, you asked. That does really irk me. I don't think some have the know how to act like proper humans. You didn't smack her did you? Because I would have in my head, and then just glared at her from a distance....

haha, I wish I'd slapped her! But later that day she tripped down the stairs, karma's a bitch:D

I've never dealt with someone who would badmouth the good name of My Chemical Romance to my face (for fear of being beaten to death) but I have, however, dealt with many people who dislike the fact that I listen to 'heavy' music.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize PIERCE THE VEIL was heavy. The last time I checked, Converge was heavy (who I adore, but I digress) I think that's the only thing that gets me about people who want me to give them a listen to whatever I'm playing in my car/on my iPod. It's just like, I realize that this is now not your cup of tea, but please, do not tell me that something that I would consider Post-Hardcore (POST being the keyword here) as heavy. If anything, it's "Punk Rock Lite"

Bitches don't know shit about genres of music XD

I LOVE Pierce the Veil!!! I've also gotten the they're so hardcore comments toodry.gif

you should have responded and said, yeah, you wanna hear REAL emo, go listen to old weezer or sunny day real estate or even balance and composur!....bc its oh so true. mcr is not emo.....i love emo, and mcr is not it

haha thanks:D maybe I should send her a youtube link to In Fear and Faith or something of that nature...*begins plotting*

yes! All of my friends. Normally I wouldn't care too much if it were just random people. I mean I care...but it bothers me so much that I quit caring because I know I can't change it. But yeah my own friend said MCR were fags and that they sucked. She'd never heard a song, and she had only listened to Welcome to the Black Parade before she said that (not my friend anymore...but not because of just that). And my other friends are kind of space cases, they never really fully listen to music before deciding they like it. They like easy simple pop music. Which is fine. There's nothing wrong with that, but most of the time I like to listen to the full song or at least the first minute and couple seconds of it before I fully declare that I hate it. And what sucks is that my stupid friends try and force all their music on me, but when I say "hey, listen to my music" they're just so f-ing stubborn and won't listen. But it's not always this way...we have our ups and downs. I dunno, I've been a music loner for almost my whole life. I love having all my great music to myself...I'm happy that at least I've discovered it. I try and get my friends to listen to it...and eventually if I can just hold them down and make them patient...they actually start to like it. I got my mom to like MCR...and my mom listens to like Van Morrison and Tracy Chapman...oldies and pop. But I did it, she loves my music. But yeah, I'm glad MCRmy exists...cause we all love the same band and think the world of them.

Ok, disliking MCR is one thing, but calling them fags??? What has your (former) friend been smoking!!! And about being a music loner, its always been the same way for me too. I have a super-duper awesome twin sister who likes what I listen to, but she's pretty much the only one. Sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes, it is kinda fun to be the only person in a room who listens to a really awesome band. Like they're your personal secret:)

It is really annoying, a couple of my fiends were a little like that,

so i waited...

and then for there tastes i made thm listen to different songs off danger days

my bestie who likes slow songs i gave summertime, she still likes it

the other, i gave planetary, and she really liked it

so what ya need to do is, get her to listen to planetary or when shes inn the area play it out loud XD

Yeah that USUALLY works, shes as stuborn as they come though, unfortunatley. She even refuses to listen to Nickasaur! or the Downtown Fiction because they're too "emo rock" I was like WTF???

Honestly I judge _a lot_ of bands/singers after 20 seconds.. Put on a Chris Brown song and feel like cutting my ears of with a broken record after 10.

I've never really gotten the whole "omg how can they not like mcr!!?!?!" thing, I mean come on people's taste in music differ.

It's kinda the same thing right? :mellow:

I guess, yeah. I do always kinda judge rap? R&B before I really listen to it because I've never really liked it. It irks me though when people assume a band/artist is bad because they've never heard of them before, I've had that experiance with the same girl quite a few times before,too.

I follow a 'too each his own' policy, cause not al my friends like MCR. I only just , like with in the last few weeks, got my husband into MCR but he only really likes Danger Days (as well as The Ghost of You, Teenagers and the opening of WttBP, but only the opening) cause he said the other stuff is the kind of music he dislikes. He's never dissed them though cause he knows I like them.

Granted, he's a major Tool/NIN fan (which I got him into :lol: ) so MCR wouldn't be his cup of tea.

hey, atleast you got him to listen to something:D

Sometimes I have this problem, too. Only one of my frinds like them, the others not but they don't say any bad things about them because they know they would risk their lives :P

But the others, for example my classmates, all say MCR sucks. I live in Hungary, they are not so well-known here and people jut see 10 seconds from their videos and say they are "fucking emo stuff" because they have this way of thinking: men with instruments + dark clothes + somebody dies in the vid = fucking emo stuff. It's quite bad because of course it's not a shame for me that I like them, I'm proud of being a Killjoy but I know if I tell anyone they will just roll their eyes. They don't understand what it's all about, if a lyrics is not about love or contains some methafores which you have to think about a bit, they ignore it.

At first I was sad becuse of this, but now I don't give a damn about them and anyway I have you, my fellow Killjoys, who understand me! (L)

yeah, I've given up trying to convert my friends too. The funny thing is that I live in Ohio, a place where lots of smaller rock/punk/aleternative bands have come from, and I've only run into 3 people at my school who've even heard or them:( And the emo stuff sux too!!! One thing lots of people don't get is looking past the costumes or the heavy bass and listening to the meaning and emotion of the lyrics.

It's one thing not to care for it, everybody has different tastes in music. But to make such harsh comments after hearing only a little bit of one song pisses me off. At least listen to an entire song before making any judgement. People really miss out on amazing music, such as MCR, by not giving it a chance. It's their loss.

so true! I'm a little disappointed, but it's not a huge deal if my friends try listening to my music but it's just not the beat they rock to, but give it a chance:D

Yes, happens all the time. <_< Some of my friends are noobs. However, one of my epic friends actually discovered that one of her favorite songs as a kid (*cough cough* You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison) was by MCR.... AFTER she dissed them. So now she moderately likes them, and she absolutely adores them as people. (heh heh... thanks to me. XD) So anyways... that's just cuz I was lucky. And hey, that person is missing out. Pay no heed to haters. And just show her a song from Danger Days and say that it's a different band (make up a name if you must). After she states she likes it (which she will, as long as it's the right song for her) Tell her BAHAHAHAHAHAH IT'S MCR, BEE-ATCH!!! And do a victory dance. *foams at mouth* I am a rabid fangirl... sorry. XD

Archived