Are Mosh Pits Bad At Mcr Concerts?

Agent Encore

Are you asking if they're super intense or if it's okay to start one? lol I'm confused

well I haven't been to a show since the Black Parade tour, but yes they do occur and idk, they're like any other pit? There's lots of shoving yelling and you get scratched and bruised. *shrug*

I guess it depends where you are/venue rules. Here, they get pretty rough apparently; People passing out/getting bitten and the like. There's always that mosh rule, though, and Gerard says it pretty often if the pit is bad: if somebody falls, you help them back up as fast as you can. (Generally, people at MCR concerts are very good at keeping an eye out for other people to make sure that they're ok.)

it totally depends on the city i've found. I've been in violent pits where there is scratching and head butting because they are so desperate to get to the front. and those were mostly shows I did up further north, Maryland and Pennsylvania. The further south I got in VA the better and more relaxed the crowd seems to be. Maybe it was just a coincidence!

It really depends. Hawaii was kind of crazy and a lot of us fell over. I remember kind of having some anxiety about the crowd after falling and being fallen on that I got out of the pit for a little bit and went somewhere else in the crowd. The Madison Square Garden show was actually pretty lame on the floor..at least where I was at there was barely any movement and I was so baffled. Bamboozle and Bamboozle Left were pretty crazy but not overly intense in my opinion. Fresno I severely bruised/broke my ribs...that was never clear because I didn't get xrays but I was in pain for literally years after that show lol.

The middle is pretty much always going to be the worst. MCR pits very rarely have actual circle pits anymore, it's more people just trying to get to the front. If you don't want to deal with the really bad pushing and crowd surfers/people getting pulled out, go for the sides more.

It's also been my experience that as the years have gone by..and this isn't just for mcr shows, but shows in general, that people aren't as willing to help others out. If someone needs to get out, help them. If they fall, pick them back up. Don't purposely hurt people. It still baffles me that at the Senses Fail show I was at a couple weeks ago that this guy actually punched another guy in the back of the head for absolutely no reason other than the guy got pushed into him by someone else. Like really? What the hell is that?

If you feel like you can't handle being knocked around and pushed and stepped on, the floor isn't the place for you. Complaining about being pushed is a huge pet peeve of mine at shows. Of course you're being pushed, there are however many hundreds of people behind you lol but being purposely violent is just ridiculous and uncalled for.

/rant lol

It really depends. I was completely surprised Sunday that it wasn't bad at ALL. Well, comparatively. I say like, 3 guys starting to mosh, and that was it, and I was up close and in the middle, which is the worst. It's kind of hard to predict I'd say.

It really depends. I was completely surprised Sunday that it wasn't bad at ALL. Well, comparatively. I say like, 3 guys starting to mosh, and that was it, and I was up close and in the middle, which is the worst. It's kind of hard to predict I'd say.

I was pleasantly surprised with how the crowd was in Des Moines. Standing in line I noticed it was a MUCH older crowd. The other MCR shows I've been to the crowd was horrible and, not surprisingly, much younger. It was nice to watch the show and dance and sing along without having to worry about pulling the person up next to me for air or ducking for the 10th crowd surfer in a row. Last show I was crushed against the barrier so hard that the underwire in my bra snapped.

The worst is the 15 minutes or so it takes to tear down the previous bands equipment and set up MCRs guitars and stuff. People get brutal. Then once you get into it the pit isn't too bad, you can move a little. It gets UNBEARABLY hot. Many people pass out or get fucking close. I know last night I almost did. Just make sure to take care of yourself.

PROTIP: About two hours before drink and entire bottle of water, also have one to bring in (sealed bottle, most venues allow one sealed bottle but check the venue). The one to bring in drink right after Neon Trees. Don't worry about needing to pee or if you are worried, pee before you drink your first bottle and then asap after.

They get crazy but not that BAD. I just remember being close to passing out from being so packed and then Gerard goes: "OPEN UP THAT SHIT RIGHT THERE!" Well, uh, "right there" was right next to me. I've never hated him so much.

This happened to me seeing Armor For Sleep at Bamboozle. Ben was all like "I want to see people floating!" So of course even more people had to crowd surf their way to the front and kick me in the head or fall on me when security dropped them because they were flailing too much.

I've only been to two MCR shows, but for those it was more of people pushing and shoving trying to get to the front that was brutal.

The mosh pits at MCR are more fun than brutal. I've fallen a few times. Walked out with a share of bruises. But compared to some of the shows I've seen its not bad. Also, it depends on the song. I've noticed the older the song is, the bigger/crazier/more ridiculously awesome the pits can get.

Yes. But as someone else said, it depends on the venue rules. I've noticed (and this goes for any show) that it depends on the area/city of the show on how rough it is. Some places are a lot more rough for some reason, like NJ/NY/Philly and Canada. California is weak (no offense). But they do occur.

Yes. But as someone else said, it depends on the venue rules. I've noticed (and this goes for any show) that it depends on the area/city of the show on how rough it is. Some places are a lot more rough for some reason, like NJ/NY/Philly and Canada. California is weak (no offense). But they do occur.

That depends on where and when you saw them in California.

Eh, they aren't too bad.

Sure, there are crowdsurfers if the venue will allow them at all and there is a lot of pushing and shoving, but I've been in worse pits.

I've never had a man twice my size charge straight into my back at an MCR show for example. Had that happen at another band's show in 2008 though. Needless to say, it hurt.

I'd recommend that you hydrate yourself prior to entering the pit and that you get yourself accustomed to standing for long periods of time prior to the show itself.

Dehydration and muscle cramps in your legs will probably be what you'll have on your mind most when you're in the pit.

Really depends on the place that you're going.

I went to the concert in NYC at Terminal 5 on the 23rd, and the crowd was kinda rough, but not as rough as others that I've heard about.

The pushing was kinda ridiculous(there were literally waves of pushing, one side would push, the other would push back), and there is really limited space. I was basically on top of the guy in front of me, and the guy behind me was practically grinding onto my leg. Gross. XD

The first few songs are definitely the worst. After that it calms down a little bit, especially during songs like Summertime or Cancer.

But it was super fun.

However, ya gotta be careful... I strained the tendon in one of my feet wearing shoes without enough ankle support, and I got a half a bottle of water dumped straight into my face at some point.. But it's all so worth it. I cried and I screamed my head off. :3

When i saw them i was scared, i got right to the front, near frank but i didnt even see mosh pits near me, there was a couple to the right i think

and sometimes people would for no apparents reason start shoving people side to side, it was crazy, but pleasant, not much violence.

Archived