Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Zoom-Cat

Hey Cats and Kittens,

I was wondering if any of you have had the pleasure of watching (in my humble opinion) the best show ever, Joss Wheadon's Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I always get extremely excited about this show. As stupid as it sounds, it really helped me find my girl power and my English major brain just loves to analyze it!

So...for the Buffy fans on here, who's your favorite character, Big Bad, couple, episode, and season (if you can pick just one of course :D)!

I love this show. I recently got the complete series on DVD and I watch it all the time. My favorite character is Willow. She's like the best character ever and I love her development. My favorite Big Bad is once again, Willow. Willow and Oz is my OTP, though I did sorta like Tara (and absolutely hated Kennedy). My favorite episode is season 3 episode 16 "Doppelgangland", when vampire Willow came Anya was trying to get her necklace back.

My favorite season is season 6. I know a lot of people say that they don't like that season becasue the Big Bad were Warren and those other guys and that it paled in comparison to the other seasons, but I don't look at it that way. I look at season 6 as Willows development into becoming a totally badass witch.

I hated Dawn (at least in season 5). She was the worst character, she contradicted herself, and the "get out, get out, GET OUT!!!" still rings in my ears. I also just loved Spike. He was just awesome. My favorite quote of his is "I may be loves bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it."

Sorry for the super long paragraphs, but get me talking about Buffy and I can go on for hours.

I purposely got my mom addicted to this show so she wouldn't cancel our cable. :P When I lived in Thailand, it was on at something like 2 am, but I got up and watched anyway. I cried at the end of the final so much.

My favorite character ha to be Faith. She's such a bitch.

I'm so excited that there seems to be a lot of Scoobies here (and sad that life often gets in the way of me replying more often right now..)! For me..it's so hard picking a favorite anything, so I suppose it was mean of me to force you all to pick. IF I had to, it would look something like this:

Character- Toss up between Buffy, Spike, and Giles (literally, cannot pick just one)

Big Bad- The Mayor...he was so jovial and creepy. Guy gives me the creeps but also remains a likable character with his father/daughter relationship with Faith.

Couple: Spuffy fan till the day I die. But I also LOVE Xander/Anya

Episode: Obviously love them all, but my current favorite right now is Tabula Rasa in Season 6. Oh, the puns...and betting kittens...(keep in mind that Zoom Cat is obviously very much a cat person!)

Season: My two favorites are 4 and 6, but I like 6 just a tad more. I find Buffy so relatable as a character in that season and there are so many really strong episodes. The Trio are also amazing anti-climatic and real for villains. And for the record: ANDREW!!!!! For that matter....JONATHAN!!! Superstar and Storyteller....<3!

Trohman: We'll make you into a Scooby yet ;) How are you liking it so far?

straylight: Your love for Buffy makes me so happy!! I can understand your growing disenchantment for Spike, they did literally nature him. But I find his redemption process over the series simply amazing! I love how eventual it was and how he really did fight it and then fight for it. The thing that almost killed his character for me though was Season 5 of Angel...and Angel can go fuck himself for all I care. I have a love/hate relationship with him but most of the time I just feel like asking him "What, What, What are you doing????" Although I do love Buffy and pike together, are you a Riley fan perchance? And Willow was right with the buffy Bot and the programmed puns XD

Sorrows: I HATED KENNEDY TOO!!!! After both Oz and Tara, how could the make Willow go with her? At first I hated Dawn, but as a little sister, I find her more and more relatable every time I watch the series. But yeah...that "GET OUT" scream was kind of...really bad acting lol. And frankly, I can go on and on about this show forever, so long paragraphs are welcome. Sidebar: Dark Willow is amazing. The yellow crayon scene gets me every time.

amillionhoursleft: What was your favorite episode of Season 4? I LOVE Pangs. It's just so....epically awesome!

degausser: I'm going to be listening for that now! I had no idea XP

killallurfriends: Once More With Feeling is probably one of the best episodes television has ever produced! I listen to the soundtrack a bit too much...lol!

DarkPixie: You're my hero! Faith is such a complicated and intriguing (and bitchy) character that it's hard not to both love and hate her at the same time :)

Faith was underrated. I think a lot of characters who didn't have enough time to develop were sent to Ange's show. Cordelia grew so much, as did Wes. I loved Wes! I think the writers on Angel knew more of about certain characters than Buffy's team...even though a lot of them were the same people. holy..

I'm so glad for the mayor love! he was the nicest psycho ever! he hated swearing, baked cookies and cared about others (he was sad when his assisitant was killed and i think wanted revenge?)

I hated how Andrew was treated. Willow killed people out of hate and revenge and because it was fun to her. Andrew was manipulated by The First. He didn;t NEED to be redeemed or treated as harshly as he was. I don't forgive the writers for that. It made no fucking sense.

Faith was underrated. I think a lot of characters who didn't have enough time to develop were sent to Ange's show. Cordelia grew so much, as did Wes. I loved Wes! I think the writers on Angel knew more of about certain characters than Buffy's team...even though a lot of them were the same people. holy..

I'm so glad for the mayor love! he was the nicest psycho ever! he hated swearing, baked cookies and cared about others (he was sad when his assisitant was killed and i think wanted revenge?)

I hated how Andrew was treated. Willow killed people out of hate and revenge and because it was fun to her. Andrew was manipulated by The First. He didn;t NEED to be redeemed or treated as harshly as he was. I don't forgive the writers for that. It made no fucking sense.

Hmmm I agree with you to a point on that first part. While they develop the characters more, they ended up ruining them at the same time. I will never forgive them for what they did to Cordy in Season 4...just thinking about it makes me shake my head. And I adore Wesley! But over the series, they sort of take away his Welseyness and more him more serious and rough, which is understandable because his character needed ti develop that way. But I do miss the glasses, khaki pants, and funny sweaters as the show progresses. I did love what it did for Faith and Harmony's character though :)

Yay for The Mayor! I'd be his henchwoman...dude pays very well, bot to mention treats you like family. Sure...he wanted to consume all of Sunnydale in his attempt to become a giant demon snake, but....wait, no. I can't spin that in a good way right now lol.

I can understand how Andrew was treated since he had to grow on the Scooby Gang. I didn't like it because I ADORE him. It made me so happy when he made that cameo in ATS (and How I Met Your Mother!) because I missed the crap out of him (I always watch Buffy all in order, then I watch Angel all in order....you tend to miss people a lot!) Since willow was Willow and they already knew her very well, they could see her becoming good again. I think it was really hard for them to trust Andrew because he did try to rapidly change sides. And he did admitt in Storyteller that while the First did manipulate him, he did kill his best friend. It sucks for him,but it is interesting to see how he does eventually redeem himself and become a more confident character :D

OH yay Buffy talk!!!

I see you points but it still made me very mad.

Love Buffy talk.

I have dogs named Riley and Xander.:rolleyes::P

I wonder what the series would have been like if Jenny hadn't been killed.

What do you think the weakest episode was? I'd say the puppet show because the dummy running around was too silly. I can watch it now without cringing but I still it find rather stupid.

love the vids, I've seen them many times :)

As for weakest episode...hmmmm...if forced to pick one, I'd initially go with "Where the Wild Things Are". I'm not the hugest fan of Riley because he reminds me way too much of my ex-boyfriend, and with him and Buffy just sexing up the entire episode, it was just "ehhh" for me.

• 2 months later...

As a kid, I would watch an episode every now & then. I wasn't able to watch it as frequently and I would have liked because it would go on later than I could stay up. I had an urge to watch it from the beginning a few weeks ago.

I just finished the episode where Oz leaves.

My heart is broken.

Archived