Sing On Glee

EmilyAllman

Currently on Twitter, MCR is trending in the UK because the song SING will be on Glee. A lot of people are bashing Glee for doing the song (which is highly ridiculous and immature) but I think the lyrics to the song were a perfect match to that show. I've only seen it a few times (not a big TV watcher) and I thought that song really spoke for what the shows about. There's a guy in a wheel chair, a gay guy, and pretty much outcasts. SING, to me, is about telling the world about what you're made of. And I thought it was a perfect song. I didn't really like the way they sang it but it matched.

What did you think?

The cover if you haven't heard it:

Please discuss this with respect to others' opinions.

That episode has already aired in US and I watched and loved it! It was great.

Seriously, in a past interview MCR was asked about the possibility of a song being on Glee and Gerard said he'd love that......the woman who plays Sue is one of his favorite actresses and he said it'd be cool if she sang it. (sorry I'm paraphrasing because I cannot remember what exactly was said)

Everyone I know that watched it loved the cover on Glee. I don't know what's up with UK Gleeks

I'm not a fan of Glee, but I think they did well with the cover. I dislike the fact that they changed the key, but I can understand why. I actually really like some of the harmonies they put in though (better than those backing singers MCR had for a while!).

If it's good enough for MCR, it's good enough for me.

I liked it, but maybe that's because I am currently obsessed with Glee. The thing that confused me was the outfits though.

They were like lumber jacks!!

hahah. I guess they didn't know what to wear 'cause MCR doesn't do the whole outfit thing anymore.

Gabe Saporta style? He's always wearing checkered shirts.

They were like lumber jacks!!

hahah. I guess they didn't know what to wear 'cause MCR doesn't do the whole outfit thing anymore.

Gabe Saporta style? He's always wearing checkered shirts.

They wore that because Sue had pretty much taken over the club and she wanted them to wear that and perform Sing

I watch Glee everyweek.....I know these things haha B)

I've never watched Glee, but I've heard about it. The thing about SING is that it's a huge song-it's universal. The message is so important, especially for younger people, because it's about standing strong,being who you are and believing in yourself. All too often, people are afraid to speak up for themselves, but to sing it out is to tell the world that things may get you down, but you'll get right back up and be much stronger for it. If Glee helps people hear SING, it could impact somebody greatly-which is what MCR is all about.

I'm from the UK!

The majority of UK fans I've seen have said they liked it, it's just the odd few that feel the need to overly express how much they hate it <_<

I'm from the UK too, but I saw this episode in advance.

(I watch them on t'internet, I can't be bothered to wait 'til they air here.)

Now, I am grateful to Glee for singing this.

It was an okay performance, I mean nothing beats the original.

But (now no hatin') it was because of Glee that I found out about Danger Days.

[i was just listening to Revenge and TBP 'til then.]

I didn't know who sang it, and when Rachel said 'As much as I love My Chemical Romance..'

I was straight onto Youtube finding the original.

The fact that they had released a new album completely passed me by (I was living under a rock in Zone 7 at the time), until it was mentioned on Glee.

Needless to say I went out and bought it the next day.

I only wish they'd aired it sooner, as I then found out that they were filming the Planetary shoot in London. About 2 weeks late. Soso gutted.

I've never watched Glee, but I've heard about it. The thing about SING is that it's a huge song-it's universal. The message is so important, especially for younger people, because it's about standing strong,being who you are and believing in yourself. All too often, people are afraid to speak up for themselves, but to sing it out is to tell the world that things may get you down, but you'll get right back up and be much stronger for it. If Glee helps people hear SING, it could impact somebody greatly-which is what MCR is all about.

hehehe, basically what I said but more elaborate(:

Are all the UK Glee tweets from killjoys bashing the show? If that's the general consensus, that's unfortunate. I wonder why it would be so well received here (the day after, Glee's version and MCR's original were both climbing the Itunes chart) but not in the UK.

I can see why they chose Sing and can appreciate that, but I don't like their version of it. Their voices and the way they sing it is kinda more ...poppy, maybe? I can't think of the word, but it is more of the kind of music I don't like. Maybe just because I want it to be MCR and know that version, but yeah.

don't really like the cover. Also didn't like the "climatic" part of the show. It was retarded.

Other then that, I'm glad an MCR song was put on a rather popular show because now more people are becoming fans. <.<

I was happy about it being on T.V. too. It's on the radio a lot as well. The more popular it gets the more people will become fans

I've been watching Glee since it started so, I'm definitely not a hater and I think they generally do a great job when covering songs! They covered 'Sing' very well! The only problems I have are:

1) What was up with all the lumberjack attire? I mean, why couldn't they have fun outfits that matched the Killjoys look? Usually, they costume themselves based on the original artist and I certainly don't remember so much plaid in the 'Sing' video! haha!

2) I can not stand watching Rachel sing.... There's just something about the way her face looks when she sings that makes me uncomfortable and I have to look away. I think she has an amazing voice and she's very pretty... but, I physically can not watch her sing.

I love Glee, and I think Sing is perfect for the show. I was really happy to see the Glee kids performing it, and even more when Sue got another MCR joke in later. It was kind of awesome, even if I wished they could have kept the song.

Still confused about the lumberjack outfits though...

I don't consider myself a "Gleek" but I do enjoy watching the show. It has its funny moments.

I thought they did a pretty good job. It wasn't overkill. In my opinion, MCR's version is still way better. It's nice that it got people to actually listen to the song & realize how kickass it is.

I laughed when Rachel said it wasn't epic enough for Regionals(sp). I know it's the story & all that jazz but really...SING is not epic enough to represent who they are? :huh:

BTW I thought the song Rachel sang at Regionals sucked. Then again, I don't really like Rachel...so I could be biased. :P

Archived