April 10th Des Moines, Ia

VampireSCARECROW

This Sunday at the Val Air Ballroom in West Des Moines, IA.

Event is at 8pm and Doors open at 6:30pm (*Must have changed recently cause my tickets say 7pm*).

It is general admission.

Given Details on Val Air Ballroom Official Site

I have tickets for this which I got back in Nov. last year. This is going to be my first MCR Concert and really any true Rock concert other then Christian ones like Kutless and such. I'm wondering a lot of different things and hope someone can give me possible answers.

Questions:

1. Will there be a possible meet and greet or pic opp?

2. Are cameras usually allowed at the concerts?

3. Has anyone seen if the Party Poision Jacket or even any of the other Jackets are being sold at the concerts?

4. Where is the best area to stand/sit during they're concert?

I'll most likely have more creep into my mind by Sunday lol :lol:

But thank you to anyone that can answer or try to answer my questions :D

1. There was a contest but winners were already picked. If you weren't a winner you can hope they come out for autographs. Photos is less likely.

2. That I have noticed yes. But they have a strict no glad policy.

3. Nope

4. I guess it just depends on what you like and the venue. I personally like being at the very front.

1. There was a contest but winners were already picked. If you weren't a winner you can hope they come out for autographs. Photos is less likely.

2. That I have noticed yes. But they have a strict no glad policy.

3. Nope

4. I guess it just depends on what you like and the venue. I personally like being at the very front.

Thank you for taking the time to answer alot of these questions :D

I really appreciate it.

Val Air is a decent venue. I've seen Rob Zombie and The Used there. It has a main floor with a seated area on the left side of the stage with a bar. If you want to avoid the crowd crush, it's a decent stage view.

Val Air is a decent venue. I've seen Rob Zombie and The Used there. It has a main floor with a seated area on the left side of the stage with a bar. If you want to avoid the crowd crush, it's a decent stage view.

Could you tell me about entry there? Do they let people swarm in or is it organized? Do they pat you down? Do they make you walk? Is the floor flat with no slope? How good is the air conditioning? Do they allow you to bring in water bottles?

If you can answer any of those, that'd be great!

To OP, you'll have a great time at your first MCR concert! I doubt they'll sell the jackets at the shows though.

Val Air is a typical ballroom, although that doesn't help much if you haven't been to one. The floor is flat since it used to be a dance floor. The entrance is a hallway that goes to the ticket taking area before you turn left and enter the venue itself, so you can't really swarm. The line outside the building is single file. I don't remember them doing major pat downs, although I'm sure they check bags and stuff. The parking lot completely surrounds the building, so access to the bus/band exit area is exposed to anyone walking through the parking lot. I don't remember there being air conditioning. There is a side door you can go out to smoke where you can get some air flow. There is a bar where you can get bottles of water, but I don't think you can bring your own in.

Here is the front of the building.

http://www.iowaballroom.com/p/act/valair.html

Val Air is a typical ballroom, although that doesn't help much if you haven't been to one. The floor is flat since it used to be a dance floor. The entrance is a hallway that goes to the ticket taking area before you turn left and enter the venue itself, so you can't really swarm. The line outside the building is single file. I don't remember them doing major pat downs, although I'm sure they check bags and stuff. The parking lot completely surrounds the building, so access to the bus/band exit area is exposed to anyone walking through the parking lot. I don't remember there being air conditioning. There is a side door you can go out to smoke where you can get some air flow. There is a bar where you can get bottles of water, but I don't think you can bring your own in.

Here is the front of the building.

http://www.iowaballroom.com/p/act/valair.html

Thanks for the info!

How long does it take to get through security? I've read some horror stories on their facebook page of it taking 1.5-2 hours of getting through it! @_@!!!!!!!!!!!

So since the buses are out in the open, do you think it'll be easier to meet the band? I just really want to give them my Mikey Way drawing. :)

I CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!! *Goes Screaming Through The House*

I can't wait X3

Oh, I wonder how many ppl will be there, how loud it will be, should I bring water like suggested, what should I use to carry things in that will stay safe.

I'm supper dupper hoping that I get to get autographs and/or pics with them :blink:

I only hope lol XD

Yes, I was there, too! I can't believe they came out with as many people as there were back there, even for a QUICK signing. There had to be 100 people waiting.

AHHHHHHH! I'm glad you got to meet them, too! I was so happy that they told us beforehand while we waited around that they WERE coming out and told us the procedures they wanted us to take. Single file, 1 thing signed, no photos. They got through so many people so quickly! I was so thrilled that so many people got to meet them! And did you see Ray hobbling down the stairs out of the venue? Like seriously, THAT MAN is so dedicated! I think I found a whole other appreciation for Ray Toro that I didn't even know existed. I was 100% OK with him not signing because of his foot/leg, and was just thankful that ANY OF THEM came out and signed! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Btw, I think I saw you walking out of the bathroom before the show started. Around like 6:50ish?

Btw, I think I saw you walking out of the bathroom before the show started. Around like 6:50ish?

Yes, that was probably me! First thing I did when I got in there was run to the bathroom. You should have said hi. The chick I was there with I just met yesterday. Odd story, but the person who was going to go with me backed out at the last minute and her friend went in her place. First time I talked to this chick was yesterday morning and first time I met her was when we were making the 2 hour drive to the show. Was interesting for sure!

It amazes how the guys keep going with all the illnesses and injuries they've had the past few tours. Ray didn't seem to let it bother him much on stage, but you could definitely see him hobbling when they were helping him down the stairs to the bus. Poor guy!

I got to tell Gerard what I wanted, and I'm still a bit emotional from it. I knew I was going to lose it, but it hit me so fast, even I was surprised. My ex, my kid's dad, was killed in a car accident almost 2 years ago and his family let me help pick the funeral songs. I had WTTBP played. I started telling Gerard, realized who I was talking to, looked away and could barely get the name of the song out through my sobs. I honestly don't know if he said anything back or not. It was just surreal.

I was there and got tons of pics and vids 8D

I was also at the signing. I was what I thought was at the very end of the line, but they ended up coming to the back of the line and start with us ROFL!!

I asked for a pic, but Gerard said sorry and it would be possible, *sigh*, goal for the future :D

Pics-> http://invisiblecorpsegirl.deviantart.com/gallery/29628399

Vids-> http://www.youtube.com/user/CptJackFan#grid/user/7E7568686BBA8201

I'm still uploading, but I hope you all enjoy what I got so far ;)

I was there and got tons of pics and vids 8D

I was also at the signing. I was what I thought was at the very end of the line, but they ended up coming to the back of the line and start with us ROFL!!

I asked for a pic, but Gerard said sorry and it would be possible, *sigh*, goal for the future :D

Pics-> http://invisiblecorpsegirl.deviantart.com/gallery/29628399

Vids-> http://www.youtube.com/user/CptJackFan#grid/user/7E7568686BBA8201

I'm still uploading, but I hope you all enjoy what I got so far ;)

Nice pics!

http://invisiblecorpsegirl.deviantart.com/gallery/29628399#/d3dq7tg that one isn't Frank though. That's Zach from The Architects.

I'm uploading vids right now as well!

Nice pics!

http://invisiblecorpsegirl.deviantart.com/gallery/29628399#/d3dq7tg that one isn't Frank though. That's Zach from The Architects.

I'm uploading vids right now as well!

Aw ok, thanks for the correction XD

I wasn't sure and the person behind me told me it was after I took the pic. I couldn't tell at the time lol.

Ahhhh! I got to meet them too! I got to give Gerard my letter, shake Mikey's hand, and hug Frank. I sobbed for a good 5 minutes after all that, it was so surreal, and more than I could have ever hoped for.

I was wondering the same thing about Gerard's arm, I couldn't make out what it said either.

I did notice a blur of black on his forarm as he was singing and thought that he must have done his famous lets right on myself for a concert. I was so giddy. I'm still getting pics and vids up now. If you need links or want to use any plz go ahead and ask me. All I ask is credit XD

I really wished I could have gotten a pic with them or at least Gerard. I'm an artist and love his style of drawing.

I actually pretty much began to cry during the song Cancer. I lost my grandmother to cancer in 2005. I was moved by it and thought of her during it, (*first time really for me cause she just let the cancer take its course cause he was to far along and didn't want to go through cemo or anything like that*). She was my best friend and I tired to get her hooked on MCR with me when I became a fan in 2004, but it didn't stick lol.

I hope to get a pic if I get to see them again :D

*!!Added!!*

I have been trying for years to get to see them live since I became a fan in 2004.

So for 7 years I was having misses in getting to.

I tried to talk my parents into taking me while in high school to Chicago to see them (*we use to live in IN near there*) but didn't happen, plus we had that huge Ice Strom that year <_<

I even wanted to try for the "Teenagers" music video, but wasn't old enough *sigh*.

I'm so glad I got this much and strive for more in the future.

Archived