Fake Accounts

JulesJitsu

I just posted a blog on mychemicalromance.com regarding what I believe to be a dangerous person masquerading as Gerard Way... I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post in, feel free to remove it if it isn't. Jules

It reads as follows:-

I am going to be serious for a moment, sorry guys.

I have no problem with fake accounts in general, if people want to do a little rp in their spare time, then that's their prerogative.

What I do take issue with is people using Gerard Way's good name and position in the public eye to cause pain and upset.

The person running the accounts names below (and it is the same person running all four accounts) has threatened people with bodily harm, claims dominion over demons (yes, really) and to be a member of the Illuminati, with the ability to cause worldwide disasters using black magic.

Normally I would say ignore the guy, he's obviously a fruitcake, right? But this person is a little more intelligent than your average nutjob. He rarely admits to anything on a public timeline, he does his damage mostly through inboxes and private messages. When confronted he either suggests you "believe what you wish" or blocks you (I got blocked a while back, after congratulating him on his ability to be on facebook and on stage simultaneously!)

What really, really annoys me is the fact that he is using the persona of a good, talented, family man to gain attention/affection from (mostly young) women, and to threaten people.

I hope that any of the mcrmy who read this will break any links they might have with any of these accounts, and feel free to pass on this information. Thanks for reading if you got this far :)

The facebook account names are Gerard Braden, Noah Kier Chaote and Reid Floraicon Gale. He also has an account named Michael Braden (but there are many, many Michael Bradens on facebook).

Julia

@JulesJitsu (twitter)

JulesJitsu (mcrmy.com)

Julia Cook (facebook)

I really hate fake accounts. I have seen so many accounts on facebook with the band members names, and their alter ego's names. I wouldn't really mind if they were respectful, but many are not. They say many hurtful things to innocent people and I don't like it at all.

Also, I don't appreciate it when they say things like:

Gerard Way: I just came back from f***ing Frank. Who wants the details? ;)

I find this disturbing and disrespectful. It's just not necessary, especially when they say this publicly.

Sorry. Rant over.

I'll be sure to look out for those accounts, though.

Very, very weird. It reminds me of how there used to be a ton of fake Gerards on MSN.

Like CaitMCR says. You should see the Facebook.

I rarely go on there, as it only seems to be used as roleplay using the names of the band members.

And people on there actually encourage it.

It's creepy, and it's not right.

That page should be for people to express their love for MCR.

Not a place for the many Gerards, Franks, Moikays and Rays to participate in roleplay.

That stuff belongs in fanfiction.

And you know their feelings about that.

tumblr_lggpypNsrh1qb9vyp.png

It always freaked me out how people were simply willing to believe the fakes were the real band members. So many people do.

When I posted on the My Chem fb that people should realize they're talking to fakes, I was attacked for it. They said that they liked pretending. That's fine, I guess. But way more people actually think they're talking to Gerard. :\

Thank you, ChemicalParanoia.

And FromFateToRomance? I know what you mean exactly. I have been there plenty of times and have told them my feelings on it. I even had to defend myself yesterday against Billie Joe Armstrong..... o_e

*sighs* I have been attacked way too much for voicing my opinion. I'm actually known there.....

I've actually been talking about the MCR facebook page on another topic here. It's quite interesting to see that I'm not the only one who has had bad experiences there. The page used to be fine when I frequented it but ever since me and my friends all left, the page has gone down hill.

the posers should DIEEEE

That's a little harsh.... o_o

• 1 month later...

I've actually been talking about the MCR facebook page on another topic here. It's quite interesting to see that I'm not the only one who has had bad experiences there. The page used to be fine when I frequented it but ever since me and my friends all left, the page has gone down hill.

That's a little harsh.... o_o

MCR FB is fun until someone decides they wanna stir up unnecessary drama. The thing with the Lurkers and the original page could've been avoided if everyone didn't make such a big deal about it. Then these RP-ers come in and stir up even more trouble.

^ what are the "lurkers" anyway?

I've heard the term a lot, but was never really sure.

Referring to the "Lurkers of the MCRmy" which was a Facebook page created after the original MCR page changed it's layout to make the highest rated post to be at the top, making everything go out of order (this later changed where you could opt to have the post be in chronological order again). The "Lurkers" were the people who frequented to official page the most and could "lurk" on the page without even posting a thing, after the layout changed, the Lurkers page was created causing conflict among the MCRmy community on Facebook (shit I sound like History book :))

Archived