Steampunk Genre

Carry_On_Gal

Only recently heard of it. What do you mean when you say into it as a lifestyle? I thought it's a fictional genre?

Well some people go to conventions, dress that way, talk that way and stuff. Similar to the Goth subculture.

And that room is awesome!

My uncle has friends who actually go to like imagicon and such in their steampunk gear. One of them was showing me pictures of his outfit... I was extremely jealous. I can't wait till I finish with my party poison costume, and I can focus of working out a steampunk outfit.

My uncle has friends who actually go to like imagicon and such in their steampunk gear. One of them was showing me pictures of his outfit... I was extremely jealous. I can't wait till I finish with my party poison costume, and I can focus of working out a steampunk outfit.

I know! That's why I want so badly to learn how to sew, that I enrolled in a clothes designing class at my high school.

I know! That's why I want so badly to learn how to sew, that I enrolled in a clothes designing class at my high school.

My uncle is in the SCA (they do medieval fighting and clothing and such), and he is also an upholster, and I have been helping out. So I have someone to help with the sewing of the thicker fabrics and such. Ah the joys of having accessibility to a heavy duty sewing machine. :D

What would be considered "Steampunk music"?

Of course one of the first go to bands would be Abney Park.

And I found a couple of others I adore, one is called The Clockwork Quartet, and the other is The Cog is Dead. Of course there is alot of argument of what real "Steampunk Music" is.

You know I always think that when I hear their name. But I don't think it is.

I love their music though, cause it is more of a story, they only have two songs. This one is about the character "The Fugitive"

And this one is about the character "The Doctor" no THE Doctor the Timelord, but just a doctor that they called The Doctor. :D

I like some aspects of the clothing, items, and certain older books and games, but I'm not really into the music or the subculture.

Is the Clockwork Quartet in reference to 'A Clockwork Orange'? If so I'll have to check 'em out, that's my favorite book. :)

Anna, it's probably just a reference to all of the clockwork stuff in the steampunk genre.

That room is fantastic and would kill for that Mac. I have seen steampunk realted or inspired books, films, fashion, music, etc all my life but really didnt get into until my senior year of high school when my american literature teacher started talking about it and telling me to read sci-fi/fantasy books that are considered must reads in the steampunk genre. Also Panic! at the disco is really getting people to talk about it a lot more due to their "the ballad of mona lisa" video and their new album.

Y'know. I've always loved the steampunk look, but I could never pull it off. I really want to go to SteamCon though. :(

Totally with you on that. LOve it but could never see myself really looking right in it. And I would love to go to a SteamCon, hell there are so many Cons I want to go to its insane.

I love steampunk! It's my favorite form of sci-fi, and I think my wardrobe is steampunk-inspired.

My Killjoy outfit inadvertantly ended up like some kind of cross between steampunk and Killjoy because it's all sepia tones and army gear. But I don't care, I'd wear full-on steampunk every day if I could!

• 3 weeks later...

I like it. I guess you could class the movie Wild Wild West as steampunk-ish. I watched it recently and thought so. The show Castle also referenced the sub-culture too. I find it interesting and some of the Jewellery is amazing. I couldn't possibly pull it off tho. Kudos to those who can.

Archived