Neon Trees / The Architects / Thursday / Circa Survive

tbdoll

Okay, so I'm sure those of us who've been to a show before have been in this situation.

You're all pumped for the headlining act, but you've never heard anything by the opener.

However, it seems that you are the only one, as everyone else is jumping and singing along, while you stand there awkwardly.

This is why it is always far less awkward to know some of the opening acts' songs beforehand, so that the opening can be enjoyable as well.

I'm actually kinda thrilled about this tour's opening acts because I had actually heard of all of them and at least one song beforehand. This has never happened for me with MCR shows before.

I thought it would be nice, though, if we all shared songs from these bands that we think they'll play or that we know they'll play so we can start to learn them before our respective shows and can rock out for everyone's set. Not must My Chem's.

Post videos, post links, go crazy~

Thursday may still be doing a Full Collapse setlist. They've been touring with it this year, I think it's the 10th anniversary of the album...Another big album is War All The Time.

I'll admit that I've only got Juturna by Circa, but I saw them live in '06 and Anthony is so crazy and awesome that I don't think anybody'd mind just dancing along.

Songs by them from Juturna might be In Fear And Faith and Act Appalled. I encourage you to listen to it in its' entirety if you like some songs, because that's a solid album.

^ I love Circa Survive, I'm so glad they're gonna be at the Vegas date! So, no problems for me there. They'll probably play "Get Out" from their more recent album. Possibly "Imaginary Enemy" and "I Felt Free," too, since those are all singles.

We need Kit in here as far as Thursday's concerned, she's a huge Thursday stan.

This thread's a great idea. Thank you for posting it :]

Personally, I'm familiar with the music of three of the four openers. I'm not too familiar with Circa Survive however, and they are one of the two bands opening up at the show that I'll be attending.

I'll definitely make sure to check out their songs "Get Out", "Imaginary Enemy", and "I Felt Free."

309ir01.jpg

DID SOMEBODY SAY THURSDAY??!

Thursday is legit as hell. Geoff Rickly, sexily pictured above, produced the ever-popular MCR album "I Brought You My Bullets," and hangs out with Gerard semi-regularly. You might remember this fierce bitch from Life on the Murder Scene, where he screamed parts of Vampires Will Never Hurt You onstage with Gerard.

As for cool songs to look out for, the new album will be released in April, so chances are Thursday will be promoting the hell out of this album, called No Devolucion, which is going to be AWESOME. (You guys should go buy it. Because I said so.) Other than that, Thursday may or may not play some songs from Full Collapse since they just got off of the 10 year anniversary tour for that CD, which was excellent.

Here are some Thursday songs you might like and/or have heard of:

-Jet Black New Year

-Understanding in a Car Crash

-Signals Over the Air

-Turnpike Divides

-I Am the Killer

-Paris in Flames

-Ladies and Gentlemen, My Brother the Failure

-Time's Arrow (personal favorite)

Also, Circa Survive is cool.

^FUCK, man, I was just scrolling down all innocent like and then Geoff pops up all "HEY" and scares the shit outta me.

Also, to tempt you guys further to listen to some of that Thursday stuff, Gerard did additional Vocals on "Jet Black New Year."

^D'aww, I love their bromance.

Me too.

In a recent interview, Gerard was like, "Fuck yeah, we listen to Thursday and they're awesome and we totally hang out and blah blah blah."

And I was like, "yesss now tour with them."

And then they did.

Just not near where I live.

):

3088op1.jpg

I'm so bummed that I'll be missing Thursday by a day at my dates.

Oui. That was my initial reaction when I saw that Thursday wouldn't be playing the show I'm attending as well, but I'm sure Thursday will eventually get around to touring through my state.

Plus I know for a fact the Architects' live show is fantastic, I'm fine with waiting just a tad bit longer to see Thursday live. I've seen the Architects live twice and their stage presence is really strong and energetic. I'm looking forward to their set.

At this link you can listen to "Daddy Wore Black" by The Architects. This is the only song of theirs I know/have because I got it on a Warped Tour compilation. It's a neat song, I think.

http://www.myspace.com/architectskcmo/music/songs/daddy-wore-black-26937403

I saw The Architects at a local Kansas City show in January. You can definitely count on "Don't Call it a Ghetto, Don't Call it a Wasteland". THAT is true love for Kansas City right there <3

They played both of these in Oakland.

They also played Death Rides a Horse, Bastards at the Gate, Year of the Rat and I can't remember what else. They have a 25 minute set though.

Hell yeah! I've been hoping to be a little more familiar with The Archtects before I saw MCR with them again in Dallas :D I've always been familiar with Thursday Im so sad they wont be on any of the dates Im going to.

Circa Survive on the other hand is my specialty ;) They're my favorite band in the world next to MCR and I've been head over heels in love with them for about 5 years. Anthony Green is one of my heroes and in my opinion the best frontman in the business besides Gerard. Even if you don't bother to learn their stuff they put on a great show too! I think them going before MCR is seriously going to kill me lol

My suggestions as to great songs I know they're gonna play:

Get Out

I Felt Free

Through the Desert Alone

Stare Like You'll Stay

In the Morning and Amazing

In Fear and Faith

The Great Golden Baby

Hell yeah! I've been hoping to be a little more familiar with The Archtects before I saw MCR with them again in Dallas :D I've always been familiar with Thursday Im so sad they wont be on any of the dates Im going to.

Circa Survive on the other hand is my specialty ;) They're my favorite band in the world next to MCR and I've been head over heels in love with them for about 5 years. Anthony Green is one of my heroes and in my opinion the best frontman in the business besides Gerard. Even if you don't bother to learn their stuff they put on a great show too! I think them going before MCR is seriously going to kill me lol

My suggestions as to great songs I know they're gonna play:

Get Out

I Felt Free

Through the Desert Alone

Stare Like You'll Stay

In the Morning and Amazing

In Fear and Faith

The Great Golden Baby

Seconding In Fear and Faith. I love that song - it's beautiful.

^Which Neon Trees songs do you really like? I've been listening to Animal and In The Next Room trying to learn them for the show.

I really actually like almost all of their songs. The Next Room is one of my favorites though.

I'd also like to add that I was BUMMED when I found out that Canada was missing Circa Survive on the tour. *SADDEST OF ALL THE FACES*

Archived