Favorite Pop-punk Bands

darianadead

i'm not totally sure what's pop-punk and what's not but i like blink-182, bomb the music industry!, the wonder years, fake problems... stuff like that.

Not too sure what pop-punk is 100% myself but I do believe Blink-182 falls into that group. I like them too.

i'm not totally sure what's pop-punk and what's not but i like blink-182, bomb the music industry!, the wonder years, fake problems... stuff like that.

I think I'd categorize Pop-Punk like the more popular type of stuff. Definitely like Blink, and bands like Boys Like Girls and Forever the Sickest Kids and who not.

I think I'd categorize Pop-Punk like the more popular type of stuff. Definitely like Blink, and bands like Boys Like Girls and Forever the Sickest Kids and who not.

oh dear god no, Boys Like Girls and FTSK are most definitely NOT pop-punk haha. Some good examples of pop-punk is Blink-182, New Found Glory, Sum 41, Fall Out Boy, Midtown, The Starting Line, All Time Low, etc.

I don't really like trying to determine what genres certain bands are, but BTMI! :D

Blink 182 for sure.

And I'm also pretty sure that My Chemical Romance don't classify as 'Pop-punk'.

I never thought MCR was Pop-punk either. Not into putting bands into genres much because that can change from one album to the next.

• 8 months later...

I started writing this super long comment on music history and the arbitrariness of genres when it comes to musical elements. Namely that they're nothing more than a tool to make it easier to sell records and to make record companies money; they have very little to do with the music itself. Anyways, I'll spare you guys, perhaps I should create a music history thread?

And to answer the question: Blink 182, The Academy Is..., and Panic! at the Disco

Archived