Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xBlackxDovex

Your Parents And Mcr.

I am the mum in my family and although my kids really like MCR, they don't quite understand why I am soooo fixated!! A couple of weeks ago it was raining when I picked up my daughter from school, so I had my MCR umbrella up. She gave me a funny look and I asked her if she was embarrassed. She said 'a tiny bit - you're just so obsessed, Mum'. Hehehe :) I wear my MCR t shirts and hoodies to their schools and I have MCRMY on the number plates on my car!! My hubby hates them and says they're all gay and he absolutely hates Gerard's voice :( My son actually prefers Green Day.

A FELLOW MELBOURNIAN!!! :D

Your numberplates are MCRMY?! Haha! That is so cool! :D

And Green Day are still good! As for your hubby: is he aware that they're all married? :wacko:

xx

My mum really likes them ^^

I think she secretly started liking My Chem around the same time I did. (Back in 2004). She only told me recently that she does actually like their music.

She even came to Manchester with me in February to see them, but that was mainly because she didn't want me to go on my own. (She's quite over-protective of me).

We even bought matching T-Shirts!! xD

Since then my mum occasionally sends me random texts, just saying; 'Nananananananananananananananananana....' it's awesome, it really makes me smile :D

My Step-Dad thinks they're okay, but he finds 'Na Na Na' to be quite annoying because I'm always playing it whenever I go over to see them, ha, ha.

He thinks 'Sing' is a good song though ^^

My parents are so awesome B)

My parents don't hate them but they're not really fans or anything. They know who they are because I talk about them so much and they might recognise songs on the radio or when I play them in my room. And it's nice because they can see that MCR are a big thing for me, my dad bought me the raygun boxset for Christmas and my mum got me TBPID coffin for my birthday. My mum laughs at me for getting so excited about merch though :')

I usually just end up telling her about all the videos and stuff more than I tell my dad, like when the Art Is The Weapon trailer came out and I freaked so much. I don't think she's really bothered either way, but she thought I was being ridiculous for wanting to queue from 8am to see them, not that it stopped me :lol: My dad's kept clippings and stuff from newspapers and posted them to me, like the article they had around October last year, which is pretty good I suppose.

My mum thinks they are WOW :D But my dad hates them and at their consert it had stuff on big screens like 'love is a pill' and 'be a good kid and take your medicines' e.c.t so he thinks they are trying to encourage overdoses <_< (Stupid father)

My mom barely know who they are, but since she listens to R&B, country and all that stuff she'd probably hate them if she listened to them. Of course, from time to time she asks me to turn the volume down, but I don't think she really listen to it anyway, hah. I've made her listen to Helena, Ghost of you and SING, but she didn't even pay attention, just found a book and started to read. HAH

My mom doesn't really listen to music anymore, and my dad doesn't care what he's listening to as long as it's his music but he doesn't really mind if I play an MCR song or 2, or 3, or 4....

I'm quite jealous of some parents here, they're awesome ^^

My mom thinks I'm quite obsessed because I play their songs all the time and sing along when I'm studying because it concentrates me... but she let me listening to their CDs in the car. She calls them 'Me chamicheel' but sings along to Nanana sometimes =)

My dad once saw what they look like when I was watching the Nanana video and he made a fuss, like 'are they just gay?' and he really wanted me to stop listening to them, he was so serious (I'm NOT homophobe as he is!) and he was really angry that I had been to their concert the previous week, he told me that he did not expect me being such a stupid girl and it wasn't funny at all :( . Since then, I had to lie and show him a pic of some stupid musclehead boy-band and tell him it was MCR, so he finally gave me back Danger Days :(

I'm quite jealous of some parents here, they're awesome ^^ http://talk.mcrmy.com/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=2&t=1726&qpid=38694

My mom thinks I'm quite obsessed because I play their songs all the time and sing along when I'm studying because it concentrates me... but she let me listening to their CDs in the car. She calls them 'Me chamicheel' but sings along to Nanana sometimes =)

My dad once saw what they look like when I was watching the Nanana video and he made a fuss, like 'are they just gay?' and he really wanted me to stop listening to them, he was so serious (I'm NOT homophobe as he is!) and he was really angry that I had been to their concert the previous week, he told me that he did not expect me being such a stupid girl and it wasn't funny at all :( . Since then, I had to lie and show him a pic of some stupid musclehead boy-band and tell him it was MCR, so he finally gave me back Danger Days :(

That sounds really bad... I bet, it is useless to talk and try to change his mind on MCR, right? I hope you and your CDs are okay now.

My mum just knows the name of my favorite band, but it's hilarious how she pronounces MCR :D I don't think she likes the music, she's just not interested. But a few years ago she heard 'I don't love you' (in my room) and she called it 'whining'. :P

Guest tinewashere

My parents don't really like their music - My dad likes 'Teenagers' but that's about it. My mother says their music is good but she doesn't really listen to it.

I generally find it awkward to talk about guys with my mom (lol and I'm supposed to be 17) so I don't really know what she thinks of their looks, haha.

But generally they're pretty understanding. They let me order stuff online, see them live, talk about them etc. which I'm really happy with :)

I'm a parent myself and my kids, particularly my 6 year old loves MCR - to her they are 'the Na Na Na band' (she loves that video and asks to watch it all the time :lol: ) She sings along to Danger Days in the car and recognises pictures of the band by Gerard's hair (this is helped by the fact I haven't taken the Kerrang! 2011 calendar off Jan yet) :P

My 4 year old hasn't really given her opinion one way or the other yet!

Until 'Na Na Na' came along, my 6yo's fave song was 'The Day The World Went Away' by NIN B)

As for my own parents, they just let me get on with it these days, although my mum has been known to appreciate occasional NIN tracks too. Her opinion of MCR is not yet known, but she did happily agree to babysit for my kids when we went to see MCR in Newcastle in Feb :D

Wow its strange seeing that like other peoples mams like them as well, I know mine likes the Black Parade she wasnt so keen on their earlier stuff though and as far as im aware she hasnt heard Danger Days since I don't live at home anymore, as for my dad he's just like what on earth you listening to? and i can't help but just like smile at that cos thats been my dad for as long as i remember with most of the music I listen to, but it's not his fault he's the old fashioned sort :D

My parents seem to be neutral when it comes to MCR. They neither love them nor hate them. I'm fine with that. They don't really care much for the music I listen to, but they wouldn't criticize it in front of me, which is nice. They let me enjoy it without having to hear how they don't like it. My parents are pretty chill.

Oh wow, what I would give to have parents who liked or at least accepted them.

My mom is a single parent, so basically her opinion is the only one that counts. She's also a Christian, and she expects me to be as well. She's always had this thing against MCR. Ever since I first started really listening to them in 2005 (I listen to a couple of songs every now and then before that), she's been against it. When The Black Parade hit the shelves, she started hating it.

I don't know, she's just been really against it all the time. She hates it, says it's as if I'm worshiping them, that they're Satan's way of reaching into me and that he managed to do it and so on. No matter what I say or do to defend them, and me, it gets worse. She never respects or supports my love for MCR and it's really hard to get along with her at some aspects of life because of it. It's as if I get scared to listen to their music, watch interviews or talk about them because she can always use it against me.

Idk what it is, but she doesn't like it at all. And I love them. So it sucks.

Your mom and my parents are one in the same.

I can't tell you how badly they reacted when they heard I liked MCR.

My stepdad found my Three Cheers CD, threw it on the floor, and repeatedly stomped on it (I bought a new one, naturally).

Thank God I'm in college now, and don't give a flying FUDGE what they think about my musical tastes.

But I understand. It does suck.

My mom doesn't approve of Gerard's "explicit" language... or actions.. and she doesn't really care for most of the songs styles. She likes his voice to an extent though lol. My dad's really only heard "Welcome to the Black Parade" and he likes it. And he's the one who convinced my mom to let me go to their concert :D .. but I'm pretty much on my own for MCR.

My mom thinks The Black Parade was THE album of the last decade.

She doesn't really like anything else they've done, though, haha.

My parents like some of the songs. At first they didn't like them, my Mom said they looked mean. XD But they slowly grew to like a few of their songs. My Mom really likes how they're anti-suicide, and especially the fact that Gerard had an alcohol/drug problem and he was able to overcome it. She really respects him for that.

My parents are well aware of my obsession and seem okay with it. I always tell them about exciting and positive things happening with the band.

Mom likes WttBP due to the piano bits. She likes that Danger Days is a lot more upbeat. She and I watched Frank on LA Ink and she really enjoyed his story about his grandpa, because it's a lot like her dad and all of us.

Dad thinks Gerard needs a tan and likes the Ghost of You video (he's a big WWII nerd).

Also, my dad is a hardcore Republican, so he basically thinks that the world's gonna end and the country's gonna fall apart every time a Democrat is elected. It's actually pretty funny. So, after explaining the concept of Danger Days to him and showing him part of Na Na Na, he had this to say:

"See! They know! They get what's going on! We're all going to be hiding out in the desert with our guns! You wait! ... I'm serious, these guys have it figured out!"

Oh, Dad.