Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xBlackxDovex

Your Parents And Mcr.

At first, I didn't tell my strict, conservative, Catholic parents about MCR.

When I finally did, they were like "LOLWUT?", which turned into "AHHAELNAW!"

Mother-dearest finally researched the band (Mr. Gerard Way in particular), and decided that they were pretty cool dudes.

My dad listens to Classical and Talk Radio in the car... So, he, of course, doesn't enjoy them, or really know who they are...

My mom has a love/hate thing going on. Like today we were painting my room and Mama came on iTunes and she goes:

Mama we all go to hell? Uhm, excuse me, I'm not going to hell. He can speak for his self.

Then during The End.:

Serve it in drag! Oh God, if I went into work and told my boss "I'm resigning." in drag, I think he'd call the cops.

And at Next Big Thing in Tampa after Gerard said the thing about how the guys need to take their shirts of during Prison:

Oooh, why doesn't he take his shirt off?

I was so scared. Omg. Scarred for life.

^I loled.

eh, I live by myself and have for about 8 years, so my mom only remembers a tiny bit about my taste in music from 2003/04 when I was at home.... She's convinced EVERYTHING I like is just noise. But thats okay, I think her music is intended to induce sleep.

My mom knows Helena and the story behind it and everything, but that's it.

My dad knows nothing about them, he just says that he can't tell what they're saying. :lol:

My mom calls them "Michi Michi Romi" ... (she doesn't speak english)...

She doesnt like their music, but understands how much i like them and understood when they become my fave band i was listening to them everyday at full volume and watching videos everyday...but i dont do it everyday now... xD

She knows I'd love to go to a concert and she would help me ...she did when a concert was announced but then canceled...

My dad...well even when there are posters in my room...i dont think he is aware of the situation xD

but i clearly remember once when i was at school...he came one night that i was working on the PC and i was listening early sunsets over monroeville and he said it was such a beautiful song :)

you guys are lucky your parents like them.

my mom, i think she has an idea that i listen to My Chem but doesn't really care. which is good. As for my dad, I don't think he cares actually, i mean he's not living with us, and one time he went home, i was listening to My Chem while doing my homework, and he was like "What's that your listening? How can you do your homework while that's playing. It's noisy." i didn't mind him, and continue listening.

:)

When I was like 12 my parents couldnt stand them at all, they really hated them, but they start noticing how important they are for me and now my mom gave them a chance and now she only likes Danger Days lol and my dad just doesnt talk shit about them anymore (:

My parents like the band even more than I do. They were first generation New York City punk rockers, and when they first saw My Chemical Romance at a show a long time ago, it reminded them of how punk shows used to be. It got them into live music again, which ended up being kind of a bonding experience for us. I'm 22 and we still end up going to a lot of shows together.

My parents don't really care what music I listen to anymore, but my mom like the line "Teenagers scare the living shit out of me". She liked it mainly because of the "living shit" part. My dad has always been the quiet type and doesn't really bother. My mom said Gerard sounded off-key when she was playing some music from her computer and Desert Song came on.

Some of my music was on there from when my iTunes account was still on her computer, so there are a few MCR songs on there that she doesn't listen to. I don't think she hates them, because she's never made as big a deal about it like she did with Green Day (it was the same when my brother was listening to them). I guess you could say she never really decided on what to think. Then again I'm 21, so she wouldn't really need to care anymore.

my mom loves mcr just as much as me, shes been to 4 out of the 5 mcr concerts i've been to[in the pit] and shes coming with to the one in april:]

My parents have no idea who they even are and I'm 20 so they don't really care what I listen to but I've been listening to MCR since i was around 13 and they didn't really care then either.

Oh wow, what I would give to have parents who liked or at least accepted them.

My mom is a single parent, so basically her opinion is the only one that counts. She's also a Christian, and she expects me to be as well. She's always had this thing against MCR. Ever since I first started really listening to them in 2005 (I listen to a couple of songs every now and then before that), she's been against it. When The Black Parade hit the shelves, she started hating it.

I don't know, she's just been really against it all the time. She hates it, says it's as if I'm worshiping them, that they're Satan's way of reaching into me and that he managed to do it and so on. No matter what I say or do to defend them, and me, it gets worse. She never respects or supports my love for MCR and it's really hard to get along with her at some aspects of life because of it. It's as if I get scared to listen to their music, watch interviews or talk about them because she can always use it against me.

Idk what it is, but she doesn't like it at all. And I love them. So it sucks.

We're on the same page. My mom calls it the "devil's music" hahaha! My dad pretty much stays quite. He was a big Queen fan when he was young so he really can't be pointing fingers now. Not only are they Christians but their Latinos. Close-minded. Enough said!

I want to say they like them but I don’t think they do (maybe the odd song). They tease me about them a lot but mostly they leave me to like what I like because I’m too old to be stopped lol.

My Dad has this thing where he forgets Gerards name and calls him Jedward, I flip out out everytime lol and my Nan used to call MCR 'My Carbolic Romance' which always made me chuckle.

That is kind of funny!

My house has 3 generations in it; my parents, myself, then my kids, so there are varying opinions from everyone. My mom doesn't like them at all, constantly asks me how I understand a word cause all they do is scream. To which I reply by popping in my Leathermouth cd and letting her hear some real screaming. My father, although he'll never admit it, likes them, and my kids, since MCR is just about the only music played in my house for nearly 6 years (until recently when my 10y/o daughter discovered Justin Bieber...yay), have been raised to love them. I plan on taking my kids to see a show now that I think they're all old enough, I just have to be careful because my oldest, who is almost 15, has cerebral palsy, so I have to get seats somewhere that I know she'll be safe.

My house has 3 generations in it; my parents, myself, then my kids, so there are varying opinions from everyone. My mom doesn't like them at all, constantly asks me how I understand a word cause all they do is scream. To which I reply by popping in my Leathermouth cd and letting her hear some real screaming. My father, although he'll never admit it, likes them, and my kids, since MCR is just about the only music played in my house for nearly 6 years (until recently when my 10y/o daughter discovered Justin Bieber...yay), have been raised to love them. I plan on taking my kids to see a show now that I think they're all old enough, I just have to be careful because my oldest, who is almost 15, has cerebral palsy, so I have to get seats somewhere that I know she'll be safe.

Sorry to hear that just stay out of the pit though and she should be okay besides Gerard usually watches the crowd in case things get too dangerous. I've seen videos where he's stopped the concert because someone was hurt or something.

Sorry to hear that just stay out of the pit though and she should be okay besides Gerard usually watches the crowd in case things get too dangerous. I've seen videos where he's stopped the concert because someone was hurt or something.

Yeah, I've heard stories like that too and I've made it a show myself. I'm definitely going to keep her out of the pit for sure. I'm hoping when they come to my area it's at a smaller venue where we could get like second floor seats or something cause I know she'd really enjoy seeing them.

Thanks for the info tho.

Jealous of some of y'all's parents! My parents don't really say anything. The only music my mom made a fuss over was Green Day, although when we went calendar shopping and The Black Parade calendar had come out, she thought it looked too grungy because of their uniforms! That was when I was 18 or 19 though. I STILL want a calendar of them though...

I am the mum in my family and although my kids really like MCR, they don't quite understand why I am soooo fixated!! A couple of weeks ago it was raining when I picked up my daughter from school, so I had my MCR umbrella up. She gave me a funny look and I asked her if she was embarrassed. She said 'a tiny bit - you're just so obsessed, Mum'. Hehehe :) I wear my MCR t shirts and hoodies to their schools and I have MCRMY on the number plates on my car!! My hubby hates them and says they're all gay and he absolutely hates Gerard's voice :( My son actually prefers Green Day.

My addiction is pretty hidden. My father doesn't live with me. My mother knows who they are but she never mentions them.

No one in my house really understands. <_<

A secret part of why I moved out when I was 19 (3 yrs ago) was because I was tired of my dad making fun of the TV shows I watch, and my mom making fun of the music I listen to and for a very long time, my brother HATED MUSIC. He's gotten over that now... Still pays no attention to my music tho.

They're very supportive otherwise, but after all the jibes about my Linkin Park fandom, I kept MCR all to myself. They have no care whatsoever to try and give them a try.

My mom doesn't care but admits "Na Na Na..." is catchy. Now, my dad...I bet he's a secret fan because he told me he likes "I'm Not Okay" and I caught him drumming to "Teenagers" in the car. He says he hates them but I have a feeling he plays their music when I'm not around

My dad even though he sometimes won't admit it likes most of their songs. He gets sick of me blabbing about them 24/7 but puts up with it well enough :)

And my mom probably didn't like them at the beginning but now she sings along to whatever parts of the songs she knows n.n For instance, yesterday while washing the dishes I was singing to myself (8)Well are you ready, Ray? and out of nowhere my mom goes YEAH! in her best Toro imitation xD

And they both know all of the band member's names and random facts about them :P

My mum doesn't really know any of their stuff, but she started complaining about Sing recently saying she had heard that song far too many times.

As for my dad, I played it in the car the other night on the way home from church and he was commenting how while it wasn't his style of music, he didn't mind it. Eventually the conversation went like this:

Dad: My Chemical Romance, they're the band where the singer has blond hair, aren't they?

Me: o.O umm... he's had many different hair colours, but yes, he has been blond in the past.

Dad: Well, if I'm thinking right - they did that black parade song didn't they?

Me: ........ yeeeeeees.

Dad: I actually really liked the video for that song, it was quite a good song too actually.

Me: *quite surprised*

:)

xx