Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xBlackxDovex

Your Parents And Mcr.

I'm a mom that loves MCR and got my kids and husband to listen to them. I've taken my daughter to see them at the 91x Wrex the Halls, the Grammy Museum interview and we're going to see them both nights in Hollywood and then off to Vegas. I can't wait!! I really hope they play Ca again or Nv cuz we'll be there!

What an amazing mom!

at first they were like "it's just a fase" but then 3 years later they get mad because they thought i was emo -.-" and they wanted me to stop listening mcr, i had a big fight with them, later they went calm, and respectful with my music, when danger days came out, my parents started to like them hahaha my mom knows their names, logo, some songs, and my dad makes jokes about it, but well right now they really accept them!

When my mom heard DD for first time she said "Getting married was the best thing this band have done, their music change so much, but in a good way; i like them" *_*

I'm a mom that loves MCR and got my kids and husband to listen to them. I've taken my daughter to see them at the 91x Wrex the Halls, the Grammy Museum interview and we're going to see them both nights in Hollywood and then off to Vegas. I can't wait!! I really hope they play Ca again or Nv cuz we'll be there!

You're awesome!

My mum loves them! shes seen MCR 4 times now (i think?) and my dad likes them too.

Also, my sister is a major MCR fan as well as me. we're like a my chemical romance family B)

Oh wow, what I would give to have parents who liked or at least accepted them.

My mom is a single parent, so basically her opinion is the only one that counts. She's also a Christian, and she expects me to be as well. She's always had this thing against MCR. Ever since I first started really listening to them in 2005 (I listen to a couple of songs every now and then before that), she's been against it. When The Black Parade hit the shelves, she started hating it.

I don't know, she's just been really against it all the time. She hates it, says it's as if I'm worshiping them, that they're Satan's way of reaching into me and that he managed to do it and so on. No matter what I say or do to defend them, and me, it gets worse. She never respects or supports my love for MCR and it's really hard to get along with her at some aspects of life because of it. It's as if I get scared to listen to their music, watch interviews or talk about them because she can always use it against me.

Idk what it is, but she doesn't like it at all. And I love them. So it sucks.

Thats awful!

Its stuff like that that made me athiest XD

if you believe then do, but i dont get how mcr is the work of the devil =p

Dont worry, she just believes very strongly, when your an adult you can do what ya want

My mum thinks they sound good but she doesn't 'get it'. She asked me about the meanings of some stuff and I tried to explain, but she didn't get it so in the end, I just said that it obviously isn't meant for her. She used to think Gerard was good looking but she thinks he's too skinny now lol

My mom actually LOVES mychem, which makes me really happy. Most of the time when we are going to the mall or something we are blasting TBP or Danger Days. She really got into them though when TBP came out, we literally wore that CD out that I had to buy a new one hahah! She was super jealous when I went to see them in December, and she was actually considering going.

My dad doesn't have much of an opinion on them, he likes them and won't really complain when they are on. But if I'm listening to a whole CD a few times over and over again, he gets a little irritated. But he understands my love for them, and was actually the one who bought the airline tickets and everything for both me and my boyfriend to fly to Toronto to see them!

My parents are pretty supportive of me listening to MyChem which makes me happy :D

Like...my whole family loves them ^^

Myself - completely obsessed

Mum - loves their music and seems to feel some sort of maternal love for all of them. She will not shut up about how young they all look.

Brother - likes them a lot and is learning to play loads of their new songs on the guitar

Dad - likes them but is just a crap gig goer anyway so didn't see them again with us. He especially loves Danger Days coz it's good to run to and S.C.A.R.E.C.R.O.W makes him bubble XP

Then my Auntie, Uncle and older cousin all love em to - my cousin's seen them more times than i have and gave me my first MCR hoodie.

K xxx

I would give a limb to have such cool parents.

I don't have a dad. So its just my mom. Since I got into bands and all that change in clothes, lifestyle and point-of-views-in-life she didn't really cared much. She just thinks I'm scary or something. She usually jokes and calls me a satanist on some occasions.

She never really got MCR's name right. one time we were talking and then she said something like:

'Oh yeah. You're like listening to what? MICHEAL ROMANCE again...'

I was like :blink: WHUT?!

She thinks they're scary coz' the first time she saw them was like the revenge era. Which was weird because one time she took my phone and like scrolled through my pics and showed them to my stepdad and said 'Look, these are what her potential boyfriends are gonna look like' and that was embarrassing in a way coz I have like tons of pics from different guys and girls from different bands. But she liked Gerard in some weird way, so I guess that alright.

My mom thinks or used to think their lyrics were pretty violent. She'd be like: "Life isn't that". She freaked out about I'm Not Okay when I was about 15 or so. She also asked me to not get any of their CDs for my 9 years old cousin, who's really into rock'n'roll. Actually I agree, their lyrics are for a mature audience.

My dad offered to go with me to a gig, because I went alone. I didn't want him to. MCR is MY thing, and I would feel like I couldn't be myself, if my dad went.

They think I'm emo for listening to them. <_< They just think it's abnormal and as much as I BEGGED my sis to take me to a gig, she won't because she doesn't like them.

my parents hate them :( i actually heard my mum saying she's worried about me because of my music taste! and my dad was like, "don't worry i used to listen to music my parents hated when i was her age"

hahaha it was actually quite funny.

my sister doesn't like them either, though she knows all their names and alot of the songs so i think she's a secret fan :P

My mother loves them. To a point where it's actually a bit scary seeing as she's got a crush on Gerard and that's just... Weird. My father likes them but he's not as into them as my mother is (which is a relieve as it would be weird if my Dad had a crush on one of the guys too).

My dad only likes welcome to the black parade and im not ok I play him all thier songs other than those and he just says thier all right!

ALLRIGHT!!!!!! Thier not even alright thier freaking awsome. Stupid dad just laughed at me because Im on here.

My mum only likes The black parade and danger days she recons thier scary.

My mom knows I like them and just goes along with me when I talk about them.My dad on the other hand loves Welcome To The Black Parade the most.His two favorites are Famous Last Words and Welcome To The Black Parade.

*just died of laughter*

It bothers me how sometimes people make their name sound weird.

Like my French teacher saw my MCR t-shirt. and she goes "Myyyyy...chem-ih-cale roMANCE?"

Sort of like when MCR did the New Years show this year, Carson (was that the guy?) would say "MychemicalroMANCE!" where he would rush over the "my chemical ro" part and over emphasis "MANCE!"

And when my mom says it, she sounds confused.

My dad doesnt even say their name. just "That band you like". lol

lol Yeah she'd forget their name and just say whatever sprang to mind, most of the time it would that. So funny.

My parents had no idea I even listened to anything outside what they heard on the like, pop stations, so when I begged them for MCR tickets they were quite confused. i got them though. I don't think they care...

My parents don't really KNOW about them, and when they heard Na Na Na they both thought it sucks :(.

Anyway, the agreed at least to take me to an MCR concert in Hungary, even if we live in Romania and we have to do an 1000 miles travel XD

Well, two years ago my mother used to think that MCR were a satanic band, but know she likes them... She thinks that i am too fanatic and that screws up my life... I don't care T_T

My father doesn't care LoL

My dad knows all of "Welcome to the Black Parade" and "Teenagers", and he'll sing them out of nowhere. He isn't a complete fan of them, but he'll listen to them; my dad respects the music of the bands I listen to.

Mom, on the other hand, won't listen to them. She doesn't like much of the stuff I listen to; she thinks they're too angry and loud.

My mom has been my MCR concert buddy for years. She is so sad that she can't come with me to the Oakland show next week. She really wants her own copy of Danger Days too.

My dad thinks they aren't hardcore enough. He listens to old school punk and weird ass country music though, so he's weird.

The best way to put it is we own two copies of Bullets, three of Revenge, two of TBP and one Danger Days (so far), as well as LOTMS, posters, and shirts of all sizes.

My mom has a love/hate thing going on. Like today we were painting my room and Mama came on iTunes and she goes:

Mama we all go to hell? Uhm, excuse me, I'm not going to hell. He can speak for his self.

Then during The End.:

Serve it in drag! Oh God, if I went into work and told my boss "I'm resigning." in drag, I think he'd call the cops.

And at Next Big Thing in Tampa after Gerard said the thing about how the guys need to take their shirts of during Prison:

Oooh, why doesn't he take his shirt off?

I was so scared. Omg. Scarred for life.