Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xBlackxDovex

Your Parents And Mcr.

Yay for cool moms! C: Seriously, I feel like my mom is one of my best friends, I can tell her almost everything.

I feel the same way too, but I've never really talked to her about MCR much when I was younger or now

I feel the same way too, but I've never really talked to her about MCR much when I was younger or now

Well yeah, we don't exactly chat about MCR. She doesn't particularly care for them, but doesn't have a problem that I do :) Other stuff though, she's there. She like, goes to Six Flags with us, and gets down to dubstep and all that jazz. C:

So what do your parents think of MCR? Do they like them... do they hate them... do they even know who they are? lol.

My mom is actually a really big fan of theirs. I was actually really shocked when she said she liked them. She actually wants to go to an MCR concert with me. And she has the computer desktop as a picture of Gerard. XD

My dad on the other hand didn't really understand them. I remember listening to Revenge in my room when I was like 16 or 17 and he walked in and just stared at the cd player, and then at me... shook his head and walked out. XD He never said anything bad, it just wasn't for him. lol.

So how do your parents feel?

Once I dragged my mom to the concert, she adored them! She wanted to fancy Gerard, BUT HE IS MINE!!! lol kidding!

Once I dragged my mom to the concert, she adored them! She wanted to fancy Gerard, BUT HE IS MINE!!! lol kidding!

Haha, I feel like if any parent was dragged to a concert, they would end up liking them. Especially Gerard. Their onstage personalities are unbelievable. :D BTW, hello nOOb! The rmy welcomes you with open arms!

Haha, I feel like if any parent was dragged to a concert, they would end up liking them. Especially Gerard.

I agree, I think it could convince any parent ;)

My mom loves them and goes to their shows with me.

She thinks Frank is adorable.(:

aww yay for awesome moms! Your mom has good taste, because Frank is indeed adorable ^_^

My mom is okay with them. Not that I would care about it, I'm old enough to do whatever I want, but my brother that is 10 years younger than me likes MCR pretty much as well. ;)

The only thing that annoys me, she refuses to say their bandname in english. She always translates it to german... 'Meine chemische Romanze' ;)

The only thing that annoys me, she refuses to say their bandname in english. She always translates it to german... 'Meine chemische Romanze' ;)

This is adorable! Atleast she doesn't dislike them ;)

my mom and dad cannot stand them. sing was on in the car and they turned it off! its mostly because glenn beck called it propagandA. IT MAKES ME SO MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's part of why Gerard responded to Glenn, since he was worried that parents might listen to Glenn and stop killjoys from listening to their music, which is truly about empowerment not propaganda. Sorry they don't understand but maybe if you explain to them why it is so important to them, they might have an appreciation of your MCR love

My addiction is pretty hidden. My father doesn't live with me. My mother knows who they are but she never mentions them.

No one in my house really understands. <_<

Ikr :( Am the same.They tease me about them a lot but mostly About Gerard Way x

You don't believe God

I don't believe in luck

They don't believe in us

But I believe we're the enemy

This is adorable! Atleast she doesn't dislike them ;)

Nooo, she's really ok with them. That's one of the benefits on growing up in a family full of musicians, my parents are really open to almost any kind of music. Besides Techno and Hiphop, that's something they don't like.

The only thing my mom really doesn't like is all the Merch I own. She always tells me I shouldn't buy that much merch, but I don't care, I earn my own money.

Nooo, she's really ok with them. That's one of the benefits on growing up in a family full of musicians, my parents are really open to almost any kind of music. Besides Techno and Hiphop, that's something they don't like.

The only thing my mom really doesn't like is all the Merch I own. She always tells me I shouldn't buy that much merch, but I don't care, I earn my own money.

good for you! That's awesome that they're supportive even if they dislike the copious amounts of merch you buy ;)

My Grandma likes Gerard Way, but there music...She doesn't like MCR music :wacko:

And For my grandpa... He doesn't understand Them xD he Just nods and says crazy People Ox

Don't you just hate it when your parents complain about what you like? As if there's anything they can do to stop you from liking it.

Personally, my parents think they are bizarre combination of Big Time Rush and .... i hate this so much ... pedophilia. Yes, i'm not joking. My parents think they're pedophiles? Why...? This is why :

so because he said "I'm not going to suck you off" means a) he's going to B) he's got blurred sexual boundaries c) he's gay and d) he's being a pedophile to all the 12 year old girls in the audience. Uh.... i know there ARE 12 year old fans... but honestly, how many actually get to go to a concert? From what i've seen most fans in the crowd are 15-mid 30's. God i hate my parents sometimes. XP

There's already a similar topic to this here. I'll merge this thread with the existing one so you can read about other peoples' experiences :)

thank you. i am stupid, so thank you. :)

i'm not even kidding.