Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xBlackxDovex

Your Parents And Mcr.

So what do your parents think of MCR? Do they like them... do they hate them... do they even know who they are? lol.

My mom is actually a really big fan of theirs. I was actually really shocked when she said she liked them. She actually wants to go to an MCR concert with me. And she has the computer desktop as a picture of Gerard. XD

My dad on the other hand didn't really understand them. I remember listening to Revenge in my room when I was like 16 or 17 and he walked in and just stared at the cd player, and then at me... shook his head and walked out. XD He never said anything bad, it just wasn't for him. lol.

So how do your parents feel?

My mom is actually a fan of them too, but she thinks that their looks are overall more important than the music, and that irritates me.

My dad doesn't mind them, he actually has WTTBP and Na Na Na on his iPod.

The bad thing about my mom liking them, is that she's forcing me to let her go to a show with me, and she's always asking me to email her pictures of them. It's kind of annoying, haha.

my parents don't listen to them, but they dont mind that i do. my moms best friend on the other hand is a huge fan, and shes actually taking me to go see them :]

My mom thinks that Gerard is "a cutie pie". But at first she thought I was just going through a phase when they became my favorite band. now she fully accepts my after school activities which includes trolling on this website every night.

My dad thought their music and lyrics were scary at first. He thinks they are really bad musicians now. But atleast he doesn't say anything about it.

::They think that they "Keep my mind away from Violence" But they think that they are just another pointless lyriced band with no purpose. IDIOTS::

My mum and dad both say they dislike them,

i played LOTMS on the tv, and my mum was pretty scared,

I have forced my dad to listen to them (we have similar tastes in music) and he said "yeah, they're alright"

but if you ask him about them, he calls them all pansy's...

They let me get on with it, which is good and they bought my mcr ticket for my birthday.

They're okay with it, dont think we're all devil worshipers or anything =)

edit:my grandma thinks they're all good looking XD

especially Mikey

My mother thinks Frank Iero is the coolest dude ever, and has a crush on Gerard. :P She loves their new look and says 'they've grown into lovely young men.' She loves them.

Pretty cool, man.

I want to say they like them but I don’t think they do (maybe the odd song). They tease me about them a lot but mostly they leave me to like what I like because I’m too old to be stopped lol.

My Dad has this thing where he forgets Gerards name and calls him Jedward, I flip out out everytime lol and my Nan used to call MCR 'My Carbolic Romance' which always made me chuckle.

My addiction is pretty hidden. My father doesn't live with me. My mother knows who they are but she never mentions them.

No one in my house really understands. <_<

The first song my mum and dad heard by mcr was all i want for chiristmas. My dad said 'is the singer drunk or something?' I was like 'hahahahahahahahahabye.' Buy hey, his favorite band's ABBA/.

My mum doesnt mind them. Even though her favorite band is now take that, she used to be into better music when she was younger, so she puts up with tbp being on permanent repeat in te car ^_^

my Nan used to call MCR 'My Carbolic Romance' which always made me chuckle.

*just died of laughter*

It bothers me how sometimes people make their name sound weird.

Like my French teacher saw my MCR t-shirt. and she goes "Myyyyy...chem-ih-cale roMANCE?"

Sort of like when MCR did the New Years show this year, Carson (was that the guy?) would say "MychemicalroMANCE!" where he would rush over the "my chemical ro" part and over emphasis "MANCE!"

And when my mom says it, she sounds confused.

My dad doesnt even say their name. just "That band you like". lol

My family HATE them. I wasnt allowed to listen to them in the car today, they think they're scary and stupid:/

and im like "f**k you.":/

When I read that all I could think was...

"I see you driving round town hating the band I like, and I'm like f*** you!!!!" XD

My mum likes them and she came to see them with me in February :3 :lol:

My dad, well i don't actually know what he thinks, he kinda just looks at me when i'm sititn in my room playing MCR all the time and he walks past..though i did find give Em' Hell kid on his iPod ;)

When I read that all I could think was...

"I see you driving round town hating the band I like, and I'm like f*** you!!!!" XD

THAT made me LOL.

I'm a mom that loves MCR and got my kids and husband to listen to them. I've taken my daughter to see them at the 91x Wrex the Halls, the Grammy Museum interview and we're going to see them both nights in Hollywood and then off to Vegas. I can't wait!! I really hope they play Ca again or Nv cuz we'll be there!

Oh wow, what I would give to have parents who liked or at least accepted them.

My mom is a single parent, so basically her opinion is the only one that counts. She's also a Christian, and she expects me to be as well. She's always had this thing against MCR. Ever since I first started really listening to them in 2005 (I listen to a couple of songs every now and then before that), she's been against it. When The Black Parade hit the shelves, she started hating it.

I don't know, she's just been really against it all the time. She hates it, says it's as if I'm worshiping them, that they're Satan's way of reaching into me and that he managed to do it and so on. No matter what I say or do to defend them, and me, it gets worse. She never respects or supports my love for MCR and it's really hard to get along with her at some aspects of life because of it. It's as if I get scared to listen to their music, watch interviews or talk about them because she can always use it against me.

Idk what it is, but she doesn't like it at all. And I love them. So it sucks.

My mom doesn't really care about music in general. But my dad is a big MyChem fan, he really wanted to go to the Oslo show with me and when I was home at half-term I got waken up by him singing Bulletproof heart a couple of times. He isn't that into Bullets and Revenge though and I think Teenagers is his favorite.