Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ihidethetruth

How Did MCR Save You?

I sorry I have to say I disagree with you and Frank, I know from personal experience if their music wasn't there then I would not have actually found the strength to carry on.

They have saved me on several occasions, including tonight.

The music has definitely helped me finding my strength, and I don't think I could'v carried on as well as I am today without that helping me!

Wish you all the best!

MCR has both saved and changed my life(won't thell my story, will take ages), and I'm ever so thankful for it. Sent a mail to Gerard, thanking him, and he answered, saying I made his shitty week a whole lot better, and also that I am a strong and brace person, as goes for the rest of those helped through tough times by MCR. That made me even more happy and thankful. They really care for their fans, and I can say truly and from my whole heart that I love, and can't live without My Chemical Romance<3

Aw that's so sweet of Gerard. Did you send him the message on their website or how did you send it? I would like to thank him very much too and it would make me happy to do so if you would tell me how you did

MCR has only changed my life. Like, they opened up my eyes and helped me look at life in a different perspective, as well as encouraged me to be myself. I find myself expressing my opinion and being a lot for confident about than ?I was before I found them. (:

MCR saved and changed my life. I love them. I just think its amazing how 4 people that have never even met you or got to know you have so much power in your life. Some times i cant even begin to think about falling asleep with out listening to gerards voice. They made me believe that the world can be great and how i can be who i want to be and not give a hell about what other people think. Now i can even to the same for others. I can help them. I mean really help them. Because my chemical romance helps me every day and i take that to my friends lifes and others lifes and try to help them to and it works. Its just so hard to explain sometimes.(: But i love that it is.

Um, I don't like to talk about my whole story because it's really hard for me to talk about honestly, but I'll definitely say that these men have done more for me than I can even begin to describe. It feels cheesy to say, but I probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for their music.

I have the average story-

My mom doesn't like me, nobody understands me, i felt alone and wanted to die. Blah Blah Blah. Here come the details!!!

I had moved with my aunt in TX, where i am now, because my mom and i dont get along very well. A day after i turned 13, i was on my tv looking for a music video to watch. I saw wttbp by my chemical romance. i had heard of them before but thought they were wierd, because i had wiki-d them, and saw the whole hannah bond thing. ANYWAYS, i watched it and the effect was life changing. Seeing it for the first time was like having a near death experience and having your life flash before your eyes. That was when i started listening to them.

in the months following i stopped listening to mcr and my life spiraled downward. i started cutting, and contemplated killing myself. i was under the pressure of being who my family wanted to be. they wanted a kid with good grades, believes in god, and listens to "normal" music. little did i see, i had to be what i wanted to be, not what they wanted. i had to confess to them, and not be ashamed. i got interested or obsessed with mcr again and my life now has rollercoasters. sadly enough, my nosy ass family thinks they have to monitor my music and blame mcr for me being an atheist, that's why im the secret soldier. im being me undercover,and i dont like it.

The band and their music changed my life and saved me a couple times. Issues - Everyone has issues, but the music really gets me and we can all relate to it.

MCR definitely inspired me to get a better life. Perhaps they saved my life, but I don't really wanna cling to how things might have went if I hadn't gotten better.

When I discovered them, I was deeply anorexic and a self-harmer. I've pretty much been self-harming since I was 3-4 years old. Not cutting, but hurting myself in other ways. At first I turned my love for MCR into my hate for the world, which I turned against myself. So, it really wasn't such a good relationship to begin with. I'd even cut MCR into my skin, but luckily I got a kick out of minor cuts, so it didn't leave a scar. But still, they kept me going through some pretty tough times.

I first saw them live in November 2005. That experience helped me turn my hate for my surroundings against the world, instead of myself. Seeing 5 messed up guys, who turned their lives into something better, inspired me to start eating again.

Today I have a somewhat healthy relationship with food and my body, and I no longer selfharm. Thank you MCR!

My Chem has definitely changed my life. They didn't necessarily save me, but they did help me find out who I am. I've become more open-minded, accepting, and a happier person overall.

I do agree with Frank when he said that fans weren't giving themselves enough credit. I really admire fans who've overcome their problems; it shows how strong they really are. My Chemical Romance was there to support those who needed saving. :)

I definitely agree that ultimately its the individuals doing in saving their own life, but My Chem and the MCRmy are definitely tools in keeping ones moral up, Frankie is right the fans gotta give themselves more credit :)

My Chem has definitely changed my life. They didn't necessarily save me, but they did help me find out who I am. I've become more open-minded, accepting, and a happier person overall.

I do agree with Frank when he said that fans weren't giving themselves enough credit. I really admire fans who've overcome their problems; it shows how strong they really are. My Chemical Romance was there to support those who needed saving. :)

I completely agree, especially with the becoming more open-minded. Granted when I got into mcr i was really young so its not really shocking that I was close minded, but I hear people talk about things and it shocks me sometimes just how blind and simply horrible some people are, and I like to think that because of the morals mcr 'preach', that I don't fit into that group of people like I know I would have otherwise ended up doing. :)

Please read the rules regarding large fonts in post (can be found here).

I wouldn't say MCR saved my life, but they definitely helped me through very hard times. I kind of agree with what Frank was saying about fans not taking enough credit though.

MCR might have inspired people not to take their life, but really, the person themselves are the ones who had the courage not to do it. Don't forget to credit yourselves too :D

This. MCR didn't save my life, but they gave me the courage and inspiration to want to save my own life.

i would say its really "meh" to say they saved my life. but i think they generally did. past few years have been tough, nothing really happened, but i gained a sense of insecurity which had developed into depression. many nights felt so hopeless, i'd turn to alcohol, overdosing on pills and self harming. there was a night when i decided i was going to end it all, by ending my life. the thing that stopped me was MCR, LOTMS was on my tv and i was listening to headfirst for halos. and just knowing that theres other people, like mcr, who have got through similar problems and come out on top of everything gave me hope and really made my mind race and made me question what i was really acheiving be ending my life, i knew it was nothing. jsut knowing that your not alone, and their music showing support and strengh really helps (: so i wouldnt say they saved my life, but they help it to keep going :]

Their music united my family.

Really? Sounds awesome! I imagine a whole family sitting in front of the TV watching the new MCR video :)

MCR helped me a lot through a very rough time. The first time I saw My Chemical Romance on the TV, I was using my hometrainer and skipping every food I could. I was on my way to get anorexic and it got really worse - until I decided to live and MCR definitely played an indispensable part in this.

They kind of showed me another way of living ... I am very thankful for that.

I remember a recent intie where Gerard said (about the fans saying the band saved their life) that he doesn't think that kids give themselves enough credit for it, that the kids saved their lives themselves and though MCR may have encouraged that the kids should be proud of themselves!

Or something like that. Anyway, I thought it was beautiful. And completely true. Be proud!! :)

I wouldn't say MCR saved my life, but they definitely helped me through very hard times. I kind of agree with what Frank was saying about fans not taking enough credit though.

MCR might have inspired people not to take their life, but really, the person themselves are the ones who had the courage not to do it. Don't forget to credit yourselves too :D

Took the words right out of my keyboard!

They (and Linkin Park) helped me through, and are helping me through, my own self confusion, and tough times.

I wouldn't say that MCR saved my life but I believe that God saved me, and MCR helped me out the rest of the way - and still do. One of the biggest things they've helped me with, and continue to help me with, is my self-confidence.

Boy am I late on these posts.

You've got it right! Jesus is my savior.

and MCR provided a mean soundtrack/inspiration booster!

God saved our souls and our very life and being. Don't ever get that wrong.

My Chemical Romance, on the other hand, made every minute of our lives a little less untolerable and more bearable. So yeah - - more than Superman, they are heroes. :D

i used to say MCR saved my life. but these last couple of years i've started to change that. THEY didn't save my life, their music just pulled out the part of me that still wanted to fight. their words just triggered something that was sleeping, my will to live. They didn't save my life, because saving a life would require a lot more than music. They were just there for me when I needed to hear it was okay to not be okay and that i wasn't alone, but I did the fighting. alone. I still listen to them when I'm having a hard time, before trying anything else I put on revenge, and usually it makes me in a better mood.

I have so much love for this band because every single day they inspire me to be a better person, to keep fighting and never give up.

I'm only fifteen and I'd say that I haven't gone through a phase in which MCR saved my life. But they've definitely helped me through a lot. A longer phase in which I was depressed and also through small things, like, a bad day or something.

Their music's always there when people aren't and I'm grateful for that and I hope that I'll get an opportunity to thank them for everything personally.

THEY SAVED ME FROM MY PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS, THEY SAVED MY LIFE, THEY SAVED ME FROM HITTING THE GRAVE STONE EARLY. Seriously, i would have continued to starve myself and i would have probably harmed my self to my grave. I CANNOT EXPRESS THE GRAVITY OF MY LOVE FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i wish i could meet them face to face and thank each one of their souls)

They save lives. Period. I wanna know how they saved yours! Tell me your stories and i'll tell u mine. Mines kinda cool and weird once u read it.

So in '06. I wasnt really a FAN. like i watched their vids.. and had a poster or two.. but i wasnt a real real fan. I lost connection with them. and faded away.

THEN 5 years later.. well i had a BF. sadly he was killed in Jan. (this year) i was depressed.I was greiving like ive never grieved b4. NOTHING Helped. and i mean NOTHING. i tried cutting.. i was thining suicide.. not good. Then to my irony i turned on mtv to watch vids while i was folding clothes. MCR LIVE verson of SING came on and i said "I REMMEBER THEM!" so i bought that song in itunes cause i liked it.. then i bought more and more and became a fan again. This time.. a real fan. So the thing was.. the first song i bought to help me through my mass was "welcome to the black parade" you know.. "and tho ur dead and gone believe me your memory will carry on.." once that helped i bought more. Looked them up. became more and more into them. I figured out theyve (well gee) has been though kinda like a same stage i was. I could relate to him. in many ways. All his quotes about "anyone who thought of killing yourself because lifes unfair.. youre not alone" stiked me and they just saved my life. Their music spoke to me.. and just.. they saved me from killing myself. Long and difficult process but they did. And i cannnot thank them enough

3 words, SAVED MY LIFE!

last year i went to secondary school, i didn't settle in well and only made 1 friend. we excluded ourselfs a lot but we didn't care. she started ditching me for athletics and stuff, leaving my waiting in the rain up at the gaelic pitches. this happened for 2 weeks and i got sick on people laughing at me and chanting at me so i told her, she said she was trying to expand our friend base but she started to show off infront off people and that sort of thing.

i stopped speaking with her and took hysterical crying fits daily and started to self-harn, i thought i would never be able to fit in again but i did

music saved me, mcr saved me from myself.

I LOVE YOU MCR <3<3<3

and i hate when people don't understand why.