Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ihidethetruth

How Did MCR Save You?

I personally hate when people say bands save their life. It's great that bands like MCR are giving you the motivation, but it's a big thing to say they saved your life. I'm happy for you though. :)

I personally hate when people say bands save their life. It's great that bands like MCR are giving you the motivation, but it's a big thing to say they saved your life. I'm happy for you though. :)

What she said.

So many fans say that MCR saved their lives and gave them strength. I completely agree with this. This amazing band convinced me that it was okay to walk this world alone, and that nobody stays miserable forever. I've been depressed and close to suicide so many times, but their music helps so much more than I can even explain. The fact that being in MCR helped all of the members of the band become amazing people is extremely inspiring. <3 So how about you guys?

There's already a thread for this here. As we only allow one thread per topic to keep the conversations all in one place, I'll merge the two together for you :) For future reference, there's a search function in the top right corner which is really useful for checking whether a thread has already been posted or not :)

I don't understand why people keep saying "MCR saved my life," when the band has said to stop saying that. No one else can save your life. It's your choice to take care of yourself. Frank, Gerard and the others didn't do anything.

I can appreciate that a band has had a big effect on your life and that their music has assisted you in great ways. But they didn't fully save you. You are responsible for your actions and only you can be accountable for them.

That being said, I'm not disregarding the fact that the music has helped pull people out of really tough times. I know it has.

But sadly I also see people pretending to have such hard lives just to say the band saved them. It's a really tricky statement.

Well... Today was a new experience for me. I was out with family and felt really down. I started crying at dinner (which has never happened to me... Usually I can hold out) and had to run out to the car with my dad. I sobbed in the car and he left to go back with the rest of the family to pay and whatnot. I sobbed in silence for a little bit and then I remembered the quote from Gerard. "We'll always be there for you, just turn up the speakers." And I turned on Kill All Your Friends, Cancer, I Don't Love You, and then I started feeling better by the time I played Welcome to the Black Parade. Then the family came back and I turned off WTTBP about half way through. It was amazing, I must say. By the time I listened to WTTBP I started focusing more on Gerard's voice and the composure of the song/the structure. They were there for me tonight as well as my family.

I used to cut, i thought about it all the time and the different ways i might end it if I wasn't to scared. I had started listening to mcr and watching interviews 24/7 and i got lost in their music.I'm sure everyone here knows the feeling.My chem helped me to live and not wish each day that somehow I would die and finally be free from everything. I had a few close calls with cutting before i decided i needed to stop.And when shit just kept getting piled on me I would put my headphones in and blast their music and just cry instead of cutting because they made me feel like someone cared about me despite the things I've done.