Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ihidethetruth

How Did MCR Save You?

If My Chemical Romance saved your life, just like they saved mine, then I want you to post a little comment, nothing much. It's just a small token of appreciation.

Long Live The MCRmy!

Dear My Chemical Romance, I love you and thank you for pulling me out of my depression. <3

Post a comment below, if MCR helped you somehow!

Lets show them how much they mean to us!

If you want my story, then here's a link to my video.

CLICK HERE!

For me, they definitely helped me get out of some dark holes I was in when I was growing up, and still do to be honest. They always seem to know what you're going through and give you something to relate to, you know you're not alone. I think it helps that their music will always be there too, people can run off and leave you to it but their music will always be there when you need it. I feel like they gave me the strength and hope to carry on through some of the worst years of my life, and I'm eternally grateful to them for that.

My Chem was definitely a huge part of pulling me out of some dark places in my life, I've come to learn that people and things come and go but their music is for life, The boys truly have a song that fits and fixes any point of depression I have had in my life I'm forever grateful for having them give me the means to CARRY ON!

Hey guys! KIlljoy Shadow Chaser here and I made this topic to hear peoples stories so I'll start of with mine.

When I was ten my parents got divorced which is takes a year to finalize so I count this year as 5 years since they got divorced. I was depressed and upset, being born in Nevada my dad moved my mom and I back there. I stayed with my grandparents, went to a bad school and was all in all miserable. I felt like a ghost traveling through life, not even living a life that I liked. My mom was so distracted with the divorce (I realize this now) that she didn't pay me any attention or the fact that I was miserable as can be. I can't remember but I probably had the thoughts of suicide or of cutting. I never went through with it then one day I heard this amazing band on the radio. I was listening and I remember thinking this song rocks! I turned it up and when they said the band I looked them up when I got home. I found My Chemical Romance and instantly was in love. I watched every interview I could find, bought every CD, every EP, everything on iTunes! I became obsessed, I still am today, and I found out their message. To save lives and help kids that everyone is messed up. I moved schools, got a new house and made a life that i love and live still to this day. I became, if you label people which I don't as "emo". My eye makeup is dark (the only makeup I wear), i have black streaks in my hair, i'm extremly pale and I wear a lot of black/grey/white/red clothing and band shirts (mostly MCR). They made me realize that I loved and still love playing Guitar, Bass and Singing. I always write stories, i currently have a killjoy fan fiction that I hope someday I may give to MCR maybe at their concert when I go to see them, and I read a lot. I love My Chemical Romance and I owe them my life.

Wish you all the best!

MCR has both saved and changed my life(won't thell my story, will take ages), and I'm ever so thankful for it. Sent a mail to Gerard, thanking him, and he answered, saying I made his shitty week a whole lot better, and also that I am a strong and brace person, as goes for the rest of those helped through tough times by MCR. That made me even more happy and thankful. They really care for their fans, and I can say truly and from my whole heart that I love, and can't live without My Chemical Romance<3

Posted this on an other thread, but this one was more crowded, so...

MCR has both saved and changed my life, and I'm ever so thankful for it. Sent a mail to Gerard, thanking him, and he answered, saying I made his shitty week a whole lot better. That made me even more happy and thankful. They really care for their fans, and I can say truly and from my whole heart that I love, and can't live without My Chemical Romance<3

Posted this on an other thread, but this one was more crowded, so...

MCR has both saved and changed my life, and I'm ever so thankful for it. Sent a mail to Gerard, thanking him, and he answered, saying I made his shitty week a whole lot better. That made me even more happy and thankful. They really care for their fans, and I can say truly and from my whole heart that I love, and can't live without My Chemical Romance<3

Aww, that's so sweet that he took the time to write back and say you made his week better :)

My Chem has definitely changed my life. They didn't necessarily save me, but they did help me find out who I am. I've become more open-minded, accepting, and a happier person overall.

I do agree with Frank when he said that fans weren't giving themselves enough credit. I really admire fans who've overcome their problems; it shows how strong they really are. My Chemical Romance was there to support those who needed saving. :)

My Chem has definitely changed my life. They didn't necessarily save me, but they did help me find out who I am. I've become more open-minded, accepting, and a happier person overall.

I do agree with Frank when he said that fans weren't giving themselves enough credit. I really admire fans who've overcome their problems; it shows how strong they really are. My Chemical Romance was there to support those who needed saving. :)

Completely agree with everything you said there.

I dread to think what kind of person I'd be without having grown up with the moral guidance of not only MCR, but the MCRmy too. Not many people in my town actually have morals, so I was lucky to find people that did!

My mother once told me, "Why do you love them so much? They're not Jesus, they're not saints, they're not Mother Teresa. They shouldn't be your heroes." Yeah, mom, they've done more for me than Jesus (sorry to all you Christians! I'm an atheist in a Catholic family ;P ), all the saints, Mother Teresa, and you combined. Back the hell off my music.

In all seriousness, MCR is probably the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. I owe them my life and I'll love them until the end. Keep it up, boys, you're doing great!

Fun Fact: this week actually makes 3 times that they've saved my life.

So I guess I'd just say thank you. Thank you for being a shoulder to cry on, thank you for being a loyal friend, a family, at times a therapist, an inspiration. Thanks for always being there. From my heart and soul, thank you, and I love you Gerard, Mikey, Ray, and Frank.

-John. ;)

While they may not have "saved my life," what I love about MCR is that their music has always been there to inspire me. It's the music that I listen to when I need to celebrate, cry, laugh, dance, be inspired, etc. I just do not even want to think about the type of person that I would be if I didn't have this music as an inspiration and a release.

They didn't save my life, but they broadened my horizon musically. Before My Chem, all I listened to was Hip Hop. MCR helped me appreciate other genres of music. I'm going to learn how to play the guitar as soon as I get the chance.

i'm not going to say they saved my life... but they definitely helped make it a lot better. i've had social anxiety issues my whole life, and i struggled with an eating disorder throughout high school. listening to them really helped me realize that i didn't have to be so self-destructive, that there was so much more to live for than trying to be perfect and liked. and whenever i get into a dark mood and isolate myself, they're there to pull me out.

not to mention, danger days influenced me pursue art, which has been my dream since forever. but i had forgotten it in trying to be someone i'm not.

Yeah, I can't say they saved my life, either. But they totally bring me to a new world, which is beyond my power of description. I mean, every band is like that. They take me to a whole new world. It's safe there. But I know they can't save my life.

I think there is something in MCR's music that just sings out to those of us who have endured hardships of any kind - an understanding, and the message that it is okay to feel the way we do at times.

I wouldn't say that MCR saved my life (sorry to all you non-God believers out there :P) but I believe that God saved me, and MCR helped me out the rest of the way - and still do. One of the biggest things they've helped me with, and continue to help me with, is my self-confidence. This is the point where I would ramble about my personal life - but I believe we aren't allowed to here. :) Regardless, they helped me to heal the internal wounds, and overcome the past traumas which saw me climb into a black hole and hide. I neglected all the things I loved, and lost interest in them. Art, music, writing etc. Since I stumbled across these guys, I've started drawing again and while I'm not as good as I was, I'm practicing again and therefore improving again - I'm playing my clarinet and singing again - and I'm writing again.

Still rambling.

Gerard, Mikey, Frank & Ray. You guys truly are fabulous. ♥

xx

i'm not going to say they saved my life... but they definitely helped make it a lot better. i've had social anxiety issues my whole life, and i struggled with an eating disorder throughout high school. listening to them really helped me realize that i didn't have to be so self-destructive, that there was so much more to live for than trying to be perfect and liked. and whenever i get into a dark mood and isolate myself, they're there to pull me out.

not to mention, danger days influenced me pursue art, which has been my dream since forever. but i had forgotten it in trying to be someone i'm not.

Missed this earlier! What you said last there? That is me too - thanks to these guys I'm more seriously working toward doing what it is that I want to do, and I'm not longer trying to be someone I'm not :)

I also hear you on the social anxiety.

xx

i would literally not be the person i am right now.

i'd never talk to anyone.

i would never go anywhere.

i'd stay in my room and probably never do anything.

i was super anti-social before i found them.

their lyrics helped me get over that.

if it weren't for them, honestly, i probably would have offed myself years ago.

but so much positivity has come into my life simply because i heard a song and it changed the way i look at things.

so yeah, i guess you could say they saved my life.

I sorry I have to say I disagree with you and Frank, I know from personal experience if their music wasn't there then I would not have actually found the strength to carry on.

They have saved me on several occasions, including tonight.

Everyone says I'm being over-dramatic when I say this, but they just have no idea.

I wouldn't be typing these words right now if it wasn't for this band. I wouldn't be breathing in right now if it wasn't for this band. I wouldn't be showing any type of emotion without this band. I wouldn't be alive without these men. And to this day, they're the reason I wake up every damn morning and know I'm gonna be able to get through the day.

When I was 13 years old, my mom died. It was a Tuesday morning and I was getting ready for school. My mom had been really sick the past week and that morning I woke up, if she didn't look better, we were gonna take her to the hospital. In the morning, you'd have to deal with 3 women trying to get ready (me, mom, grandma) and my grandma was getting ready at the time and she said she was gonna see if my mom needed anything. She left the bathroom and my mom's room is literally right next to the bathroom, so she knocked and got no response. She opened the door and all of a sudden she let out this...fucking...ear piercing scream and ran for my dad. I jumped up and went into her room and...I saw my mom. The part that scared me the most was even though the doctors said everything she died from was medical, the look on her face was sheer terror. Like she was literally...watching her death happen right before her eyes. Everything got quiet after that except for the radio that was on while my nana was getting ready (the song was creepily enough 'Wake Me Up When September Ends' by Green Day).

The memory is burned into my mind. I remember standing at the door way and telling her she needed to stop messing around and I tried waking her up. I mean...I knew what was wrong. I knew she was gone, but I couldn't help it. I remember walking backwards out of the room in tears as my dad came up and he looked horrified too, asking me what was wrong and I couldn't get it out. I just kept saying "Mommy's...she's not..".

That entire week, all I listened too was My Chemical Romance. They were the only thing keeping me sane at the time. After a week or two, it really hit me and my mindset was 'If she wasn't allowed to live, why should I be allowed? She gave me life and got hers taken away."

I turned around and over-dosed on a bottle of pills before school one morning. I remember taking the pills and then waking up. My best friend at the time was there and she herself, was a really big My Chemical Romance fan and was listening to them. And what woke me up was Gerard's voice. The doctors were telling my dad there was a chance I was gonna be in a coma for awhile but he pulled me out. They said everyone tried talking to me and tried getting me up, but it just didn't happen. And yet, one line from Cemetary Drive woke me up in less then 5 minutes.

After that, my...connection towards My Chemical Romance grew an incredible amount. Whenever I wanted to try again, I listened to them and for a couple hours, I was okay. The hope and everything I lost when my mom died, was gone for a little while. It wasn't replacing her love or that part of me, because nothing ever can, but it filled it with something that... picked up where my mom left off.

I admit, my family members have had a part in why I'm here, but my family is weird. We're not exactly there for each other like we should be anymore. Yet, even though these guys don't know who I am, I feel a family connection to them because they were there for me when mine wasn't. Whenever I get that urge, even today, to try something, they pull me back out of it.

I know everyone says that these guys saved their lives and I know a lot of people say it wasn't them, it was me. I know it looks like I'm severely dependent on these guys and I'm not gonna lie, at times I am, as bad as it could probably be, but without them. Without Gerard, without Mikey, without Frankie, without Ray, I... feel like all hope on my part is gone, because the main source of my hope was taken away from me. They gave me something I could use for my hope.

I'm sorry this is so long. Once I get started on this subject, it goes on and on.