Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TeyanaJoy

Too Young To See Mcr?

I'm 14 and there is NO WAY my parents would let me go alone, so I'm gonna have to wait as my sister hates MCR, well all the music I like, so do my parents, and there's no way I'm taking them to a concert as they'd diassaprove of the swearing and Gerard's...'sassynes'. my freinds really don't like what I'm into aswell, so no, I can't go.

Well I happen to be fourteen and my dad, who is the coolest guy ever, has been taken me to see loads of old bands since i was about seven. I went to see this really weird indie/alternative band when i was about ten with my just my friends, i was obbsessed with anyone on the pages of NME at that time. Then I went to see paramore back when you could call them slightly original. then i really wanted to go and see green day, but the only tickets we could get would be in the second teir and that would suck, so then i went to see paramore again in november last year and they were pretty good, but i hate brand new eyes so that anoyed me and my neck killed afterwards, but it was a great show.Then i finally got to see MCR! ahhhh twas amazing, i loved every second of it and it was by far the best show i have ever seen in my life! My friends and I had a blast and we saw a seven year old version of killjoy gerard, and the actual gerard sounded like mickey mouse. Which was hilarious! it was really good. But then i got home and i looked and my dad and thought, i haven't been to a gig with him in years! So now we are going to RUSH and maybe big country :D

Age doesn't matter, it's what goes on in your head that determines if your old enough to see any bands.

I'm 14 and there is NO WAY my parents would let me go alone, so I'm gonna have to wait as my sister hates MCR, well all the music I like, so do my parents, and there's no way I'm taking them to a concert as they'd diassaprove of the swearing and Gerard's...'sassynes'. my freinds really don't like what I'm into aswell, so no, I can't go.

Same here!

My sister actually likes MCR but she wouldn't want to take me with her. She's going to 30STM and I can't go with her. Some of my friends would maybe go with me if MCR would come anywhere near us, but they never do so I'll have to wait for a few years just like you.

I'm 12 and havent been to see one yet, my parents said no because it was too expensive for them at the time. i live in the United Wxydom near Manchester so i really wanted to go to one of their shows this year there. hopefully next time they tour i'll get to go

Ive been going since i was very young, but ive never been standing. I think different venues have different age limits for standing. I MUST SEE MCR STANDING OR I WILL DIE!

I'm thirteen and I'm seeing MCR for the first time on May 28th. My older sister used to drag me along to punk shows when I was about ten, so I guess I can say it won't be my first show. She's also coming with me on the 28th.

I always thought I was too young, but I'm hearing about eight year olds going, so I guess I'm not. The only thing I'm pretty much afraid of are people being bitchy about my age. -.-

I wouldn't worry too much on that becuz at the end of the day u r there to have fun and so are they and i am sure the MCRmy won't be like that AND IF THEY DO someone will eventually stop them or you can jus reply SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!!!!

my first concert was MCR i saw them 4 months before i turned 15 :) my parents are ok with me going to concerts (as long as there is an adult with us) :)

My first concert was paramore and I was 14 I think. My friend's older brother took us, he was like 19 or so I think.

I'm 15 now and going to see MCR in a few weeks B) My friend and I are going alone this time, but my mom's driving me there and back and I wouldn't put it past her to pay people to watch me or attach cameras to my clothes or something :P

OMG you pic is giving me eye orgasm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first concert was at the age of 18, and I had to beg for days and ask to go as a birthday present. My mom understood why I had to go more than my dad (who thinks I could be doing other, more productive things) and she helped me convince him. For my second concert, same story only it was a graduation gift.

Either way, I'm still glad that I got to go. And now that I'm in college, I have more freedom to decide, so I went to a Taking Back Sunday concert two weeks ago with my roommate :)

I'm eleven and my mom won't let me go to an MCR concert. Then she finally said yes and then there were no more concerts on our side of America. BUT THANK YOU GUYS CAUSE THE ONLY REASON SHE SAID YES WAS BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS! So maybe next tour I can go to a concert.

You are so young :lol: My brother is 11 and I wouldn't dare bring him to an MCR show XD But I totally love your dedication at your young age! Don't worry, you've got lots of time to make it to a show! I haven't been to one either. Everyone's time will come :)

I went to my first MCR show when I was 13... That was last year. But my parents never really cared about age and music. When I was 5 and up my mom and dad would blast bands like Green Day and Guns N Roses in the car and house... And my first concert ever was when I was 4. So they don't really care about age when it comes to music, and neither do I... x3

My first concert ever was when I was ten. My first My Chemical Romance concert was this Summer. I'm twelve at the moment. It was amazing! Sure, due to the fact that it's directly on the ocean and the area has pretty much no pit, it was a bit more layed back than the concert's you see on youtube, but I went with my dad and had a blast.

First MCR show was at 17 and I went with my friend and her mom and I then I got to go see them in August during the HCT with another friend.

That being said my mom can be very over protective when it comes to me going to rock concerts in general. I still have to go with a friend when I go see local bands play around here and she has to have my friend's contact info and everything. I'm 18 now.