Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EmilyAllman

Reason For Your User Name

Green Day and Blink 182 once did a tour called "The Pop Disaster" tour. So I was like "hmmm, would that sound cool if I changed it to Punk instead of Pop?" It also describes me quite well. lol :D It's my Killjoy name too.

It's the name of an album by a band called Heavens. It was a side project of Matt Skiba, lead singer of Alkaline Trio. Unfortunately they only put out one album, but man, was it good.

The day I saw MCR for the first time, and it basically changed my life. I try to describe that show to people and there's no way to even put it into words.

The day I saw MCR for the first time, and it basically changed my life. I try to describe that show to people and there's no way to even put it into words.

I like that.

My real name is Jen, so that's what I went with.

So many interesting stories in here!

Mine is derived from a line at the end of Demolition Lovers. A bit random, I know... but it's been my username on various sites for years and years and I can't seem to part with it!

My reason is lame. Like, really lame.

Back in January of 2010 when MCR did that Alternative Press thing and each member got their own cover, the article had a two page spread cover that said "Abandon Hip!". I fell in love. Tada. xD

PoisonAndFire has to do with the lyrical themes of my two favorite bands or with "Drowning Lessons" or "Thank You For The Venom," depending on how you want to look at it.

I first thought of "PoisonAndFire" when I registered for the old MCRmy in 2006 because so many people had 100%, really clearly MCR-related names and I didn't want to do that again.

Prior to my starting to use "PoisonAndFire," I always went by "Poison_And_Kerosene/PoisonAndKerosene." I decided I needed something new, soooo....

I thought of my two favorite bands: My Chemical Romance and Alkaline Trio.

My Chemical Romance's imagery/lyrics often included references to corrosive substances: venom, poison, pills, butane, kerosene, etc...

Alkaline Trio's imagery tended more toward images of burning or fire: "Maybe I'll Catch Fire," "Burn," "(Love for fire)."

And so-- I took those images and substances and mixed them. I realized that my favorite line of "Drowning Lessons" matched up... The natural evolution of "poison and kerosene," when ignited, would be to turn it into "Poison and FIRE."

Also, the "poison" and "fire" worked as verbs that could be referencing the lyrics of "Thank You For The Venom."

So, yeah. It all worked out a little too perfect to deny.

I have been PoisonAndFire ever since. :]

Well, StephTheKilljoy has been my Twitter user name ever since MCR blew us away with that Danger Days preview last year (remember that day?! End of the mindfucks? Glorious day? YES.)

But when I was choosing my MCRmy user name I wanted to be creative on the spot and it wasn't working....I wanted to go all S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W and be S/T/E/P/H/T/H/E/K/I/L/L/J/OY or something like that but it is obviously WAY too long and it would make it a PAIN in the ass to sign in every day, so I decided to only go "all Scarecrow" on the "the."

Simple. :)

I made xmcrxravenx when I was registering for a AOL/AIM account when I was 15, which I had to use the x to separate the two words. I've had used this name on the old mcrmy.com site when I registered before TBP was released, twitter (but then I changed it to mariguel_mychem), and other sites that I've registered. So I decided to still use it so that others would find me easily here.

Of course everyone understands the meaning behind mcr, and the word raven comes from two different areas. I've became obsessed in reading some of Edgar Allen Poe's work when I was in 8th grade especially with "The Raven", and it also comes from the character in the Teen Titans that I was obsessed during the first season of the cartoon show (and I still am obsessed even if they no longer air it).

Well...its kinda two fold.

Around 2005, I read an article that called MCR's music 'zombie rock'. I found that phrase humorous, so when I did a speech over them and their form of music, I mentioned it being called 'vampire/zombie rock'.

Still finding it funny, I started using 'Zombierocker' as a name on boards and internet sites. After a while...it just stuck...

More people call me Zombie than my actual name, and I am weirdly ok with that.

*sings quietly* I was killing before killing was cool..

I usually use "killing before killing" or just "killing before" but I felt like a little change, so I went with this. I don't know why I like that line so much, it just really stands out to me.

I was making an account for youtube which i originally did only bass songs on, so i wanted it to be something "bass" but i cudnt decide what, and then science class got me! :D

its sort of supposed to be a joke, like im "carbon-based" but just "carbon bass" hhehe

I get it!

I find this very clever

I've used the same one since I was twelve for everything.

It's a mixup of my favourite three bands at the time - My Chemical Romance, Escape the Fate and From First to Last.

Although... they're not really all my favourites anymore.

I like it! I love things made from mix&match

This was my first Killjoy name. It's self-explanatory if you say it aloud. "Hell" "Raiser"

And this looks much cooler!

A short bit afterward I was playing Danger Days and when Gerard sang "turn my headphones up real loud" & I thought of "Decibel" "Raiser" thus Decibel Razor!

Thus the sibling Killjoys were born! Both are on Twitter, but i've been fairly static in my use lately...

I typically use either "AKA Gem Burrows" or "OttBallOut"

Ott is my last name, and I'm odd. So mix "Odd man out" & "OddBall"

Gem Burrows is my very first alterego. I'm a Lord of the Rings fan. Using an LOTR name generator, Gem Burrows is my "Hobbit name"

So I was 12 years old and there was a really cool rp forum i wanted to play at.

The name of my character was, uh, if i remember right, Michaella Terry Rain. lolomg hallo marysue

And i was banned from that forum for all the marysueish stuff, u kno...

But the name will never be forgotten~

Mine's Party Poison in Afrikaans (my home language). I figured "Party Poison" might be used already so I just went for it in my language. It sounds quite cute. lol