Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JunkPunks

Bands/artists You Don't Like

It's funny, I went through a huge but short-lived BOTDF obsession. It wasn't even with their music, which I hate. I had a guy-crush on what's his name, Jayy.

u too? i also have minor obsession with them (only lasted a month or a few weeks)

Ive really gone off 30STM in the lead up to the new album and since its release.. I miss the old days :(

Jared Leto really pisses me off. :/ It's hard for me to get past that for some reason. But I really liked their music when I first heard them and I still think it's good but the old stuff was certainly better.

Ok, I don't like mainstream pop music in general (call me hipster, if it makes you happy), but there are some artists that I really can't stand, like:

Justin Bieber

Ariana Grande

Britney Spears (so untalented)

Little Mix (dumb girlband)

Nicki Minaj (useless person)

Jason Derulo

Pitbull

Kesha

Azealia Banks (really wtf?)

Sleigh Bells

Rita Ora

Chris Brown

Usher

The Wanted

Taio Cruz

Halestorm

Queens of the Stone Age (even though I love Dave Grohl)

Beyonce

Avicii

^People only seem to like Ariana Grande for her looks which are deceiving, I've seen people work bright red hair better than her. (cough cough) GERARD! and other people of course. Not hating, it's just I cannot stand pop music, except for the old, classic stuff from the early 2000's. Come on, it's catchy!

The fixation that people (especially guys my age and older) have with Ariana Grande is a little unsettling to me because she has that kind of wide-eyed, childlike aesthetic; that effect is compounded even more with her character on that show that made her famous, whatever-it's-called. Her character seems to be very simple and young mentally, yet looks very mature hair/makeup/clothes-wise. I've seen a lot of guys on facebook/twitter talking about how hot she is, how sexy her voice on the show is, how _____ her _____ is (insert inappropriate comments in the blanks). It's verging on pedophilia to me. It's like Britney Spears' singing voice... she sounds like a little girl and it becomes this sexual object.

I have only heard two songs from thirty seconds to mars. I don't listen to Paramore, Avenged sevenfold, Bullet for my valentine, all time low, or any i guess modern rock bands. It just don't connect. I think my chem was as modern as i got. I listen to, Beastie boys, Jawbreaker, The stranglers, teenage fanclub, the pixies, limp biscuit, and all those guys. My music tastes don't really pass the year 2001 :P

In saying that, there is the occasional song i like from modern bands, ( G, i sound old! )

Absolutely nothing wrong with that! I have a friend (well, more like acquaintance now) who basically hates any music past 2001. The only older band she sorta listens to is Blink-182. She hates all the classic bands like Nirvana, The Beatles, Led Zep, The Ramones y'know the works. Yet she loves all this screamo crap and I just don't understand. Weren't these bands the major influences? :huh: How that makes sense in her mind is beyond me.

Oh there's lot of bands I don't like...

Green Day, Muse, LostAlone, Sum41, Metallica, Gun & Roses, Coldplay, Fall Out Boys, Linkin Park, All American Rejects, Kill Hannah, The Beatles, The Killers....

(For me Justin Bieber, Black Eyed Peas &co are not "bands")

There's a band called Kill Hannah? I'm called Hannah...

Kill Hannah is kind of old. The lead singer is apparently doing stuff with Gerard. he has a voice that can cut like and make your ears commit suicide.

The bands that I couldn't get into them are actually the bands with newer form of rock called screamo/metalcore. A lot of younger MCR fans really love Suicide Silence, Bring Me The Horizon, Of Mice & Men, Black Veil Brides (this band is the only one that I have no dislike; probably because I have a weakness for concept albums), Vile-something-something and eteca.

I tried to give myself a listen to them, but I really couldn't stand their lyrical and musical presentation. Some sound a bit whiny, some tries so hard to scream for no reason, some guitar riffs are not even melodic-- they're kind of the generic heavy metal riffs which is a genre that I dislike as well, the drummings are not bad--I've always like hard and fast drummings, nothing wrong with slower ones (it gives this other side of emotions into the music when needed). The lyrics are, most of them are poetic, deep, and relatable, and that is the saddest thing because I couldn't even hear any of those words coming from the screaming vocalists.

Personally, there are actually better screaming vocalist in another bands that I know of like One OK Rock: they are Japanese Rock band with the vocalist Taka who is really fluent in his English and he doesn't scream always and he sings really good(as time goes by, he improves more and more), the guitarist really gives his all into the music, the hyperactive bassist have some pretty decent bass play, and the drummer....if he really does drug on that stage, then that drug really help him being super aggresive with his drumset. Together, they make a lot of really good, memorable songs like C.h.a.o.s.m.y.t.h, Wherever You Are, No Scared, Liar, The Beginning, Clock Strike, Rock Paper Scissors, Melody Line, and (probably my most favourite song from them) Koubou.

I know this is actually the place to state the bands/artists they dislike, so I'm giving you guys the chance to listen to One OK Rock and say if they are in your Hate or Dislike List. For first listeners, you might think that most of their songs sound the same which i kind of agreed. There were songs that sound similar to one another, but I've been listening to all of their songs many times and I learned to differentiate them all. So you could say that it took some time to like their songs.

Anyway, I have a lot of bands and artists I dislike but one of them stood down in the deepest hell of hatred and that is the arse-bragging pink-haired rapper-wannabe diva: Nicki "Get off from the mic" Minaj!!!! >:(

Muse, One Direction, Justin Bieber, Kanye West, Coldplay, Taylor Swift

maybe others which I cannot remember xd

Simple Plan, Wiz Kalifa, Nickelback, blood on the dancefloor and this finnish band called Von Hertzen brothers are those bands that i reeeaaaaallly dislike. Won't say hate because hate is a strong word and my feeling is not that strong and deep.

In my opinion Simple Plan is whining, Nickelback is boring, Von Hertzen brothers's songs all sound the same and some of the players seem a bit full of themselves (tho I've met them and the rest of them seem cool) and I don't think i have to explain BOTDF.  And my brother listens to Wiz Kalifa. His lyrics just seem meaningless and beats are boring.

I actually sort of saw wiz Khalifa in concert. I like some rap, but I really wasn't impressed with what I saw from him... Just stuff about smoking weed and such.