Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

6Bucks&aDrPepper

A Sensitive Subject

Ok, so we all know the story.

"Gerard saw the bodies falling, and he went home and wrote Skylines and Turnstiles."

Do you ever think that if it wasn't for Semptember 11th, there would be no My Chemical Romance?

It's quite a predicament.

Discuss.

x.

I think there would still be, but they would have started slow and not able to release their ablum till maybe 2004-5. something like that. but 9.11 was most likely a change catalyst that gave them inspiration and release the record in 2001

I think there would still be, but they would have started slow and not able to release their ablum till maybe 2004-5. something like that. but 9.11 was most likely a change catalyst that gave them inspiration and release the record in 2001

But would it be the same MCR? With the same message and the same members and whatnot? I know it's impossible to tell but it really wrecks my head, hahaha

Honestly, I don't think there would have been an MCR. By now I think Pencey Prep would be a bigger band, and Gerard would probably have a job in comics, but I don't honestly believe that My Chem would have ever happened.

Maybe. I think creative people will always be looking for an outlet. I assume they would all be in bands, but maybe not a band together.

That is a very interesting thought, I think there would still be an MCR. And I do believe ultimately it would be the same MCR because they still went through the same things in their pasts but I do feel the overall progression of everything would be slowed.

I don't think there would've been MCR without 9/11, Frank put it best, "September 11, 2001. Two meanings. Two feelings. The first song. A single band. A birth in 3000 deaths." It's a sobering thought. 9/11 is forever engraved in my mind, and I went through a very long and dark depression after watching the bodies fall myself, but MCR got me through all of it.

Everything happens for a reason.

It's kind of like asking how you'd look if you had a different mother or father. The question itself is nonsensical because if you did not have the parents you have, you would not exist. MCR would not have happened without 9/11. That day went beyond inspiration, it shook Gerard's world it seems, as well as everyone else's.

Whoa, interesting...ummm I don't know. I've thought similar what if moments...like what if [PERSONAL LIVES], would Danger Days have been the same. I'm pretty sure the answer would be no.

But to answer this question...well it's difficult to answer. Uh, I'd have to say no. I don't think MCR would've existed. Because based on Gerard's path he was headed...he was not happy at all...and even during MCR...he was still an alcoholic. He was still battling some pretty intense demons. He said he was depressed and suicidal...he didn't like his job, he wasn't happy. Although I'd like to hope that he would've ended up alright. But I'd say chances were very slim. Gerard needed something to wake him up, he needed a sign to tell him that there's something much greater in the world that he should be doing. He needed to do what he loved. And it's really interesting because those "what if" moments always get me. Like if this never happened, all these wonderful things would've not happened. Could you imagine a life without My Chemical Romance? Then it makes me think how I would've turned out if I had never heard them, and how the rest of the great MCRmy members would've turned out? It's like a dystopia or something, I don't even wanna think about it, it just feels weird and empty. But it makes you realize...MCR is was like a gift from God. I mean they kinda were all hanging on by a string...this was their last shot, and out of this miracle...they formed this amazing band...and it's changed so many lives. This is like blowing my mind right now. But I am so thankful for MCR. I think this has made me realize how aimless and meaningless my life would be without them. Wow, I mean this is a true "MCR saved my life" moment. I'm sorry, I'm just kinda dazed now....I mean what would I do, where would I be without them?...My Chemical Romance gave more meaning to life, they gave me hope that there's something really pure and beautiful in the world.....and it's still living and breathing and creating this artistic and musical amazing-ness.

I think they still would of formed, but not as quickly, plus there may be a song missing on the first album...

i once saw this girl blooging and she seems REALLY happy 9/11 happened, it was kind of sick

"The best day ever, the day mcr formed" ectectect

bleh.

But it still would of happened, they still needed a purpose in life, it would of taken longer is all.

I believe that everything happens for a reason and I am absolutely 100% positive that MCR is one of the many amazing triumphs that came out of something so horrifying. If it takes a plane flying into a building for someone to finally be the voice for millions of future kids all over the world, then once in a lifetime, that tragedy needs to happen. I wouldn't be who I am if the twin towers hadn't caused gee to write Skylines and Turnstiles.

i believe there would have been no MCR without 9/11 or if there was one it just wouldn't have been the same. every incident, happy or sad influences ur life , moulds u into different person.

the fact he they r so sympathetic towards so many issues, the fact that they r not just a band who sings but inspires as well, all those things r inspired frm their dark or bright pasts, their thoughts everything.

but then u cant go back in time or question fate. its just is that way!!

Honestly, no MCR if there's no 9/11

But, I think because of this event--it gives an impact to each of us (especially people who witnessed the occurrence).

Just that fated day where Gerard saw the event not far away from his location. Maybe his impact was he knew the trauma he felt on that day can't be kept to himself. Something has to be done. He did.

I was 13 years old watching midnight tv shows *on the other hemisphere of earth* and suddenly popped out breaking news where there's blast and buildings crashing down in front of me. Stared without a single word. For me,I could only prayed to those victims.

Eventually I think so, but it wouldn't be the same.

Everything happens for a reason, in this case, Gerard witnessed 9/11 for a reason...

I've thought about it now and then. In wxys, there would be no MCR, but there might have since Gerard would have still been sick of sitting in a basement. I did hear Mikey say in an interview within the past months that he thought "I'll be in retail hell forever." It was probably a question about what would they have done if they hadn't formed. I'd have to find the interview again.

If there hadn't been an MCR, I'd probably live in the world of Green Day in their place. I did like Green Day (old and newer stuff) before I discovered MCR, so it wouldn't have been all bad. But none of the bands I listen to are as inspirational and supportive as MCR is.

If MCR's music hadn't been around when my friend Jonathan died last year (the one I mention in my signature), I'd probably be pretty depressed right now. I knew him for over 13 years- though he was predominantly my brother's friend- who we saw a lot of. I was the bridesmaid partnered with him for my brother's wedding, so he was pretty special. The blog on their website gave me a place to write it down (I rarely write in diaries or journals). If I didn't have that, I'd have gone crazy by now.

I still hate that 9/11 happened, even if I didn't lose anybody. We wouldn't be in this stupid war if they had left us alone. But there would be no MCR, which is the only good thing (for me) that came out of it.

I've thought about this actually now and then, and I think there would be no My Chem if it wasn't for the 9/11. I mean, it's the root of the band. They've been vocal about it right.

Honestly, I'm both thankful yet upset that 9/11 happened. Upset because of all the lives that it claimed, but thankful because if it hadn't happened, I think My Chem wouldn't be here with us. For me, My Chem is the best thing that came out of 9/11. :)

I've been thinking about that alot lately, I can't decide if 9/11 was the Best day ever, or the worst..

It hurt a lot when I saw it on TV and my parents started crying but I didn't know what was going on.

HOWEVER...MCR started because of that and it makes it good :D

I don't even know what to say. I mean, yeah, there could be an MCR, but it wouldn't nearly be the same. But there's also the chance of the band never forming. I can't even imagine my life without them...Because, when I was at the lowest point in my life, nobody was there for me. And if MCR never existed, they wouldn't have released the Black Parade...(the CD, not the single), therefore, I wouldn't be seconds away from taking my life, then realizing the meaning behind "I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone...". God damn it, I probably would have succeeded in what I was trying to do without them. I'd be dead without them. No, I am not happy 9/11 happened, but if you think about it; not only did 9/11 take thousands of lives, it also saved thousands of lives.

Okay, I'm done now. That was hard.

I have thought about this before and had a cold shiver down my spine... MCR for me was the Phoenix from the Ashes, I'm glad gee took his experiance and decided to make a difference.

Honestly, I don't think there would have been an MCR. By now I think Pencey Prep would be a bigger band, and Gerard would probably have a job in comics, but I don't honestly believe that My Chem would have ever happened.

I agree with this. For all of you who have read Umbrella Academy, I'm sure we can agree that unless Gee had completely self destructed, that beautiful work of art would have some how found a way out of his mind :) Then again without the motivation of the band, I'm not sure how Gerard would have stopped the self destruction and found the ability to create TUA. The birth of MCR though? Without 9/11, I believe there wouldn't have been MCR.

I don't think there would've been MCR without 9/11, Frank put it best, "September 11, 2001. Two meanings. Two feelings. The first song. A single band. A birth in 3000 deaths." It's a sobering thought.

If there is nothing else good that came out of 9/11, atleast we have MCR. There are people out there who are alive and feel empowered today because of MCR. Because of the events that lead to the creation of MCR and their struggles to become who they are today, MCR means even more to me (and countless others) than any other band. While it is a sad thought to imagine, this event which killed thousands and set two destructive wars in motion, also had this bright shining star. By rising from the ashes of that dark day, MCR came forward to simultaneously save themselves and us

And if MCR never existed, they wouldn't have released the Black Parade...(the CD, not the single), therefore, I wouldn't be seconds away from taking my life, then realizing the meaning behind "I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone...". God damn it, I probably would have succeeded in what I was trying to do without them. I'd be dead without them. No, I am not happy 9/11 happened, but if you think about it; not only did 9/11 take thousands of lives, it also saved thousands of lives.Okay, I'm done now. That was hard.

Thank you so much for sharing. What you said really moved me and I wanted you to know it was appreciated. This is definitely a tough subject to talk about, but atleast we are here to discuss it together. At the end of the day, MCR does exist and we're all still fighting the good fight together. And that, dear killjoys, makes me really happy to be a member of the MCRmy :)

But would it be the same MCR? With the same message and the same members and whatnot? I know it's impossible to tell but it really wrecks my head, hahaha

its just one of those paradoxes thats really mind-trippy! This thread is making my head hurt more that my homework! its a good distraction as well...

woah, this is interesting.. I wouldn't really believe that the band would've happend if it wasn't for that day ...It's like saying.. Ugh i dont know.. I mean, I just think that, that tragedy just in a weird way needed to happend somehow, like it was a sign, a miracle. y'know what I mean?

(My head runs/thinking in full speed)

'Cause I mean, I think Pencey Prep maybe would've been bigger by now 'cause they where good, too!.. And by the looking of Gerard mad skillz on drawing I think he would have made a lot in that way, like more than what he have done by now... I dont know.. I just think that, that day, was the start, the making of something this beautiful, even though it was the dead of 3000 others and it was sooo sad that day..It was a mourning day, if you could call it that?.. But looking in a other way, were would all of us Rmy dudes be in our lifes.. I mean, it wouldn't really be a life without them.. Without you!... This Rmy, really means a lot to me! I'm not even capable of thinking 'bout what life was, without those boys!

My mind keeps telling me, that they would've made it the music way somehow, in other ways y'know, like other bands.. And it maybe wouldn't be with this much spirit and all that..

But I. Somehow. Doesn't really agree with my mind.. As saying before ''I mean, I just think that, that tragedy just in a weird way needed to happend somehow, like it was a sign, a miracle.'' ...

Well that was my point of view, if that's what you call it .. :)