Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tina

No Discussion About Private Lives

lol! Those times you're reading through a thread and you forget you made a post previously.

Remember Kids, Garry Way still doesn't want you to be a BIKER. *brought to you by the OMG My Eyes Are Burning Council of the Americas*

I know this is a serious thread, but reading through everyone's comments has cracked me up.

We need badges for this council, and little signs on websites. Instead of "No hats to be worn in this shop please" it'd be 'No BIKER shit please. If you feel you are experiencing feelings of creepiness, call this number for free and confidential information on how to get your respect back on track. Thank you, the Management'.

I think the only way we can process the creepiness of others is to present it with an aura of humor. If not, the anger will take over and curdle our souls.

hahaha "on how to get your respect back on track" niiiiiiiice, I like that!

You just need to make a mnemonic for what "personal lives" means.

Beliefs (Religious beliefs could play a role here)

Ideals (Politics might fall here)

Kids (Bandit, Cherry, Lily, Miles, pregnancy, undisclosed information about their kids, etc)

Extra creepy information (addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, driver's licenses, google images of houses, fRaNk's EnGlIsH 101 (LOLOL), stalkery)

Relationships (Wives, Bert, Eliza Cuts, Frerard, Frikey, Waycest, Rerard, Rikey, Gay, Fray, Bandcest is supposedly happening...sick in the head people, ETC. you get the idea)

JUST REMEMBER KIDS. GERD WAI SAYS "DON'T BE A BIKER".

BIKER is the first letter in each of those words...so if you can't remember what you shouldn't talk about regarding personal lives, the BIKER stuff could help you remember. And lol, Gerard himself NEVER said that phrase...I was just being silly.

the term BIKER reminds me of the whole Mad Max thing - the Bikers are evil and the police have to go and get rid of them.

bikers are the well... BIKERs

and the mods are the police roaming round the desert clearing up without the whole questionable morals and genuinely horrific injuries/sadism parts

REMINDER. REMINDER.

NO PRYING INTO OR SPECULATING ABOUT THE BAND MEMBERS' PRIVATE LIVES.

They owe you no explanations and their lives are none of your biznass.

Because there has been a shitstorm a'brewin'

I lik this rule. The only thing that bothers me is that this is the only place where people alwxys posts links and evidence for stuff, so I never know when I hear a rumour somewhere else, cause I can't get it confirmed by the rmy. But I guess there lives really aren't my business so I shouldn't care.

I know what you mean, it would help to discuss things with Rmy members, because they genuinely know better and make people not believe rumours [about private lives]. But nevertheless, this rule is essential.

It has a good and a bad side... but it's true, the bad side of discussing it is worse, too many opinions/theories, disrespectful behaviour and the list goes on and on.

If you're ever in doubt about rumors, you can always tweet Cassie at @PoisonAndFire. She's a journalist and relies on 1st hand sources. She doesn't spread crap. Her tumblr is poisonandfire.tumblr.com and you could ask her on there if needed as well. She's also a mod on these boards. I'm sure she'd rather having you ask her about a rumor than it getting spread around not knowing either way if it's the truth.

And keep in mind: sometimes we will NEVER know the truth about rumors. The band keeps their private lives pretty private. If you're an MCR fan, you have to figure out how to be ok with not knowing all information about their lives. Try to put the music as your highest priority. :)

I completely agree with Planetary. That is the best way to set rumors aside from reality. I would recommend following Cassie on Tumblr or Twitter and you'll get the real information beyond the rumors. I must admit it was tempting to discuss the recent occurrences, but it is very nice that the boards can be our little piece of heaven away from all the rumors and madness :) I hope that nothing else noteworthy happens with the guys in the near future. Any time Perez Hilton gets involved with our non-drama guys, you know shit has really hit the fan <_<

If you're an MCR fan, you have to figure out how to be ok with not knowing all information about their lives. Try to put the music as your highest priority. :)

That's been the weirdest thing for me - why people want to know what's going on? Is it relevant to our lives? No. (if it is it's only in the sense that if his life falls apart and the band split, then we no longer have new mcr music to look forward to)

I'm a fan because I like the music - yes they themselves are inspirational people, but that doesn't give me the right to know every minutae of their lives as if they were family. It's a private affair, unfortunately being conducted in part on social media (apparently - cos I haven't gone looking!).

I don't really want to know the finer details of their lives like what brand of toilet paper they use or how they like their eggs fried. It's not important.

It's definitely all about the music :)