• Announcements

• Tina

Rules + Regulations

Official Board Rules + Regulations Hello and welcome to The Official MCRmy Message Board! Wehope you find this to be a friendly place to discuss MCR and everythingin-between. Please read on for some general rules and etiquette: 1. Post threads intheir appropriate forums. Official News: Here you will find most of the recent MCR/MCRmy news. For complete updates visit mychemicalromance.com and mcrmy.com formore info. My Chemical Romance General Discussion: Discuss MCR in thisarea. Rumor threads will most likely be addressed by a board admin or mod, butare subject to being closed. Forum News: This forum is for all news and updates on themessages boards. Check this forum for updates on the board rules, how tocontact the board admin/mods, and more. MCRmy General Discussion: This forum is for all discussionrelated to MCRmy. Rumor threads willmost likely be addressed by a board admin or mod, but are subject to beingclosed. Gangs: Do you run your own MCRmy gang or team? Talk about ithere! If you’re looking to join a gang in your area, discuss it here! Tools: Have you created some MCR related tools to promotethe band? Share them here. Missions: Talk about promo related missions or ideas here! Art Corner: Share your art and meet other artists here! Non MCRmy Discussion: Post about all non MCR related topicshere. Randomness: Discuss anything that doesn’t fit into the othersections here! Rules and Regulations: Please read board rules beforeposting! Questions Concerning MCRmy Affairs: Having trouble with the boards or need helpfinding your way around? Post in this forum. SISH Help and Resources: The board has a strict no self harm postspolicy! If you are feeling like you may harm yourself please contact someonewho can help. Call 1-800-273-8255 or visitsuicidepreventionlifeline.org ortwloha.com/find-help. You can also contactThe Trevor Project atthetrevorproject.org or by calling their Lifeline at866-488-7386. 2. What To Post: Please be considerate ofall board members by thinking before you post. Make sure to use your searchbutton or be willing to go back a few pages to see if something has alreadybeen posted so that the information isn't repeated time and time again! Forexample, when you see a thread discussing MCR’s latest video and you want toshare your favorite part, please post in the existing thread rather thanstarting a new one. Asking questions isn't necessarily a bad thing; however,please use the search button first. Do not post the same thread in more thanone forum. This will all keep the board less cluttered and help things to runmore smoothly. Please post topics in their appropriate forums. If youposted a thread (that doesn't belong in the forum it was posted in) and it hassuddenly disappeared, chances are it has been moved to the appropriate forum.Please look there and please DO NOT re-post a moved thread because you cannotfind it. Also, feel free to refer back to the forum descriptionsabove when posting topics. If you aren’t sure where to post, come back here andre-read the info. Choose the forum that MOST relates to your topic. 3. Member Relationships: A lot of people here have become good friends. Some peopleare on here every day and have relationships outside of the boards. Do notexpect to make friends over night. Don’t be afraid of posting or askingquestions. We’re all here for the same reasons. Also, don’t hesitate to contactthe board admin/mods. They’re here to answer your questions and make thismessage board a great place for all fans to hang out. If you stick aroundthough, you'll make friends and participate in a lot of fun activities. **That said, please be extra cautious giving out anypersonal information. Additionally, do not post anyone else’s personal/ privateinformation on the boards.** 4. Respect Board Members: Please be respectful of others. It is ok to have an opinion;however, it is not an invitation to bash someone. Disagreement is OK.Controversy is OK. Everyone can be respectful when they disagree. There is noneed to get nasty over a disagreement. Keep in mind that people of all agesread these boards. Some people may kid around and be sarcastic, but I thinkpeople can generally decipher the difference. Provoking them will not solveanything and if they are bothersome to everyone (and its obvious), they will betaken care of. Report ANY thread you think a moderator should look at.Sometimes the board admin/mods might miss a thread. If you find spammers,obnoxious threads, or anything you think should be reported, send the mods/admina message or report the thread (see below for more info on reporting posts). 5. Personal Attacks and Trolls: Sometimes, disagreements can turn into personal conflicts. This canbe classified as something going beyond a minor disagreement and it turninginto something that can be handled outside of the boards. Please, try to avoidthese, or they will be handled otherwise. However, if someone makes fun of youbecause you didn't read the above listed advice, that is NOT considered apersonal attack. There is a difference. If it needs to be more clearly definedlater, that can be arranged. 6. Closed/DeletedThreads: Please be aware that if you don't follow the rules, there will beconsequences. It’s up to the discretion of the board admin and moderators.Threads/posts can get deleted, edited, or closed when deemed appropriate. Mostlikely there is an explanation why a thread has been closed; however, if youare unsure why one of your topics gets closed or deleted, contact the admin/modthat closed it. Threads/posts will ALMOST never be disposed of for an opinion.However, the option is always there for a thread to be deleted/edited(especially if it goes against the board regulations). 7. Reporting Posts:Do you see a post/thread with content that you think violates some of the ruleslisted above? Most of the time a board admin or mod will catch it. If it’s notclosed or handled quickly, feel free to report the post. Although they try, itis not possible for admin/mods to view every post on every page all the time.Any help you can provide in helping us solve these problems is greatlyappreciated. When reporting a post, please make sure to include a descriptionwhy the admin/mod needs to address the thread or post. It will help them knowwhat they are looking for instead of reading through pages of posts. If thereare certain members causing trouble in a particular thread, make sure youinclude their usernames and why you think they should be reported. **To report a post, use the Report button on the bottom-lefthand side of each post. If you can’t find it and still want to report thethread, copy the thread link and send it in a message to the boardadmin/mods.** 8. Signature Guidelines: For more information on signature guidelines, click here. 9. Spelling and Grammar: When posting, please make sure to double check your spelling.Additionally, please refrain from using text/AIM speak such as, "i wnt 2tlk b4 tmrrw" or "idk y u r tlking lyke that". It's ok to usesome terms like "lol", "bff" or other common abbreviations,but please don't compose a whole post like that. We appreciate your input andwant to make sure that everyone can read it. Also, please don't use a large font or bright colors as yourdefault posting settings. It's ok to use once in a while, but can make yourposts difficult for members to read. 10. FileTrading/ Bootlegs: Discussion of how and where to obtain bootleg (illegallyrecorded) audios or videos is not allowed. Direct links to such files will beremoved promptly and threads will be closed if it gets out of hand. Please keepsuch discussion segregated to private messages. If you're unsure whether or notsomething is a bootleg, here's a simple rule of thumb - if someone sitting inthe audience recorded it, it's a bootleg. Officially recorded aired ontelevision, radio, etc are perfectly acceptable. If you're still unsure, do nothesitate to contact a mod asking whether or not the audio/video you'd like topost is an illegal recording. This is both out of respect for MCR and any otherperformers, as well as to conform to all applicable copyright laws. 11. Becoming a Board Mod: If you are interested in applying for a board mod position (or suggesting another member), please PM the board Admin for more information. You can also email your application to tinamcrofficial@gmail.com with the following info: 1. how do you think you can contribute to the MCRmy community 2. what qualities do you posess that will make a good mod 3. do you have any mod experience? 4. other fun facts about yourself Only the board Admin has the ability to add new mods. Any threads about mods (ie suggestingmembers, bashing mods, etc) will be deleted. If you have concerns about theboards, either post them in the Help section or address it with anotheradmin/mod. 12. Respect BoardMods and Administrators Mods and Admins are only doing their jobs to enforce rules.They are volunteers that are passionate about the community and help it to run. Disrespect towards mods will not be tolerated. However, if you feel they haveacted harshly, please contact me privately and i will pass evaluate the issue.The mods are very nice people and if you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact them. They are full of knowledge. If you have any questions, feel free to contact one of your Administrators or Moderators. Useful links: www.mcrmy.com – the official MCRmy website www.mychemicalromance.com- the official My Chemical Romance Website
welcome to the killjoys

Killjoys.

25 posts in this topic

there is an archived thread on this forum somewhere...but i dont have one either. i just have no creativity....name suggestions?

The words llama and piglet just came to my mind for some reason

I don't have one because I don't know what has been taken and I don't want to say one and then it already have been taken.

I wouldn't worry about that! If you come up with a name that you like and you didn't intentionally copy it from anyone else, then use it! :)

By the way, I did a quick visual search and found the original thread on this topic: http://talk.mcrmy.com/index.php?/topic/421-your-killjoy-name-colours-story/ It's not archived so you can still post there. One of the mods might decide to merge these two topics so there aren't any duplicate threads :)

You can look through the original thread for ideas on names or to make sure that someone else hasn't used the name you want!

The words llama and piglet just came to my mind for some reason

By the way, I did a quick visual search and found the original thread on this topic: http://talk.mcrmy.com/index.php?/topic/421-your-killjoy-name-colours-story/ It's not archived so you can still post there. One of the mods might decide to merge these two topics so there aren't any duplicate threads :)

You can look through the original thread for ideas on names or to make sure that someone else hasn't used the name you want!

thanks Brinn!

now, Charlotte...where what why...is that how you think of me? Llama or piglet?? Lol um...ok, no, moving on!

Here's what I did to come up with my name: I wrote a list of words/phrases that I either really like, or that have something to do with me. Then I tried pairing them up to see how they sounded together.

Radar was on the list because I really love palindromes, and anomaly was there because I really like that word and I feel like it describes me. I felt like they told a story when I put them together, so I ended up choosing Radar Anomaly as my KJ name!

I've had some ideas for a name for me.. but I'm so late to everything, I really don't want to pick something that someone else took.

Check the thread I posted! You can look through and see everyone's names.

What thread? I see nada!!!

But I do have my Killjoy alter ego. :)

------------

He is a man with amnesia, wakes up in the middle of hot nowhere, under a smokey rubble of broken vehicular parts and human pieces--and other stuffs on fire. He sees road tracks heading somewhere in the mountains.

He packs up whatever he can find in the rubble. Canned food....sheets...a torn backpack....broken goggles....a cassette player with a cassette tape titled "Discovery - Daft Punk" with a drawing of two robot heads....but its headphones are split into two--it looked almost like it could have been a pair of goggles too....and two pairs of laser guns with key chains tied up around the shafts. One gun is all blue with silver highlights and its key chain is of a glittering star, while the other is all black with silver highlights and its key chain is of a thick glittering ring.

As soon as he finished packing up, he walks along the road tracks under the hot, radiated sun. He hears a slight echo of a roaring engine--more than one engine. He turns around and beyond the heat wave, these masked ghouls appeared riding on motocross bikes.

They start shooting, and he runs as fast as he can under the small explosions of dirt triggered by their laser beams. As they draw close, he aims and shoots one of them out of the bike. The other bikes split away before gathering up again in front of him 20-ish metres away. They try to ride towards him again. They shoot, he shoots as well while he runs to the dead ghoul's bike.

They almost hit him, but he manages to ride on the bike away from the road tracks. They follow. The back tire broke by the ghoul's laser beams, and he falls forward with the bike flips forward. He tries to get up, but the injuries he's still sustained from the rubble weakens his effort. He watches his doom draws near, only to be saved by a large, yellow jeep--booming to "Save Yourself, I'll Hold Em Back".

One guy shoots a headshot at one of the bikers off. And the other biker rides off from the scene. The jeep stops in front of him. The shooter, the driver, and two lasses in their helmets comes out of their jeep.

"Ohio, twin-shooter. Daijoubu desuka. You're safe. Why are you here alone?"

"I....don't know....I was in some kind of a wreckage....but that is as much as I know..."

"Shit..really? An amnesiac character? This will be interesting. I'm guessing you don't even know who you are, either."

".....Y-yeah....I tried to remember that too when I was walking down those road tracks...And fuck, I still can't remember anything about me...These are the only things that's left of my old self..."

"Well, hop in, twin-shooter and we may talk more while we're on our way to our base. Plus, I freaking hate talking under this blazing weather."

Thus, they travel back to this so-called "base".

"I...am not sure I am fit to be called...Twin-shooter...I feel like I am more of a left-hand when I start shooting these guns..."

"Huh, well you have two guns so...we just assumed, you know? So is it possible one of those guns aren't yours?"

"Maybe...I did see...human fleshes around the rubble I was in...but...I just hope they weren't...I really hope..."

"Face it, man. In this world, there will always be blood and flesh drying up the broken soil. But if it helps you not to overthink it, those might be one of the ghouls'."

"Ghouls...What--"

"So what do you want us to call you?"

"Oh cool~! You have a freaking Daft Punk tape!?! That is freaking awesome! They're like a legend, I remember. Like uhh....David Bowie, you know?! Like Bowie is a Starman of many faces! Daft Punk were like robots from outer space...probably from beyond galaxy...but they came to this shit hole to bring life back into happiness through music or something! Oh man...seriously, I wished I know more if I had that book--"

"Galaxy Twinz...."

"What? No, that wasn't the name of the book--"

"No, I mean...call me Galaxy Twinz...or just....Twinz.."

"That....is...the....stupidest name I ev--Oof!"

"Galaxy Twinz. I think it suits you, seeing how odd the way you dress, anyway."

"Huh?...Oh yeah...now that you mentioned it...I didn't notice that I was wearing...some kind of a space suit underneath this jacket...weird..."

"Well, looks good on you...Though maybe in this weather....best that you wear jeans under there.."

"So that's it, then!"

He's name is GalaXY TwinZ.

----------------

:P :P :P :P :P

What thread? I see nada!!!

My killjoy name is Neon Parade. Because The Black Parade, but I like bright colors, and Neon Parade just seemed to fit so well, and yeah. She wears a brightly colored parade jacket, brightly colored skirt/leggings, bright boots, rainbow headband, blue hair, yellow/orange mask, little purple stars on her cheeks, it's all overly colorful unicorn vomit but I think it's kinda awesome and what I'd go for as far as looks as a killjoy. She acts a lot like what I think I'd act like in her situation, basically she's just 100% my killjoy alter-ego. I have a couple drawings of her on my Instagram if you're interested in what my little description would actually look like @/theneonparade

Okay. I have given this a lot of thought and I'm having a lot of trouble figuring one out. But I think I have decided on Benzedrine Bliss. Benzedrine is used to heighten focus, reduce appetite, and boost energy which I think kind of reflects life as a Killjoy. You have to stay focused, learn to live on less than you're used to, and of course, keep running. And I chose Bliss because it's kind of a sarcastic jab at BL/ind when you think about the saying "Ignorance is bliss." And typing this out has convinced me that that name is perfect for me so I'm gonna go make sure no one else has it already. Anyway, what do you guys think?

Edit: no one else has it, I'm super pumped, and I'm gonna see if I can get my username changed.

Finding your killjoy name can be difficult, but when you find one you like, you should own it! I used some time finding mine (Major Sunshine) but in the end it came by itself, with help from friends and coincidences, and I love it. It developed from sandrehs nephew calling my Maja Sofia instead of my real name, and of me really wanting to include Sunshine, as that is something I feel describes me :)

I'm gonna throw a name out there that I really like and maybe someone can tell me if it's been done before. I checked the thread that Anomaly posted and I didn't see it there so yeah. Toxic Overdrive. I also didn't see any users with that name so idk if it has been taken. If anyone knows if it has please let me know. I don't want to be taking someone's name.

I think those are both great names (Toxic Overdrive, Benzedrine Bliss)! Congrats, both of you :D

Finding your killjoy name can be difficult, but when you find one you like, you should own it! I used some time finding mine (Major Sunshine) but in the end it came by itself, with help from friends and coincidences, and I love it. It developed from sandrehs nephew calling my Maja Sofia instead of my real name, and of me really wanting to include Sunshine, as that is something I feel describes me :)

I've always loved your name, Sonia- it really describes you and it also feels like it fits right in with the other Killjoy names

Yay, Killjoy talk! ^_^

Anyway, on to mine... Electric Rose at your service, mates! *bows* The "Electric" comes from my real name, Amber (it apparently produces a charge if you rub it with silk, and the Greeks used to call it "elecktron." Pretty cool, huh?), and "Rose" is from a pseudonym I use, AnbuRose. She's probably kind of the token evil killjoy out of all of us, as she kind of has a sadistic streak. XD However, she's intelligent, logical, calm, kind, and if you need a hand, she'll gladly offer hers. (If you need a hand chopped off, she's twice as willing to oblige. :P)

Hey Amber! I like your story!

So I actually started brainstorming for Killjoy names, but I can't remember them now (well, except the dumb one, Dr. Age-Defying :P), but I wrote them down. I am brainstorming background story, but nothing is concrete yet. So...I'll be back when I find those and/or I get more concrete ideas.

Ok, I'm back with my notes. Obviously, I won't use all of these, and they aren't original yet, except the first few, but so you are welcome to these ideas for yourselves as well as to help me. Those who know me might be able to help pick or say what sounds me, others who just want to get to know me, or just want to pitch in, can also leave suggestions. Or you can just ignore this and I'll keep working on it as I get time. Ok here's my ideas, a few...

Dr. Age Defying

Missy Aly Blackbury or Alley Blackbury

HUNnie Dread (times? lol was trying to go off the "hundread" spoof, you know for Drowning Lessons, but also the dreads thing! lol)

hmmm

some words and phrases I like (so far) "4inthemorning" (cuz i've been up that late lately and it's from a Pencey Prep song I like), outside-looking-in,

pale skin, paperwords(ah, that's not gonna work), "neverhappened" haha!, "purifying flame", "neveralone", "better be black" "seven shades" (of sh*t teehee), "not laughing", "2shots", "butane sky", "sharpest knives", "straightfaced", "same strange", "still remember", "stretched out sweater" (haha), "blue and orange", blue and yellow", "false alarm", "makes me ill", "style and crash", "singing songs", "last parade", "hopeless hair", "sugar" "sixgun"(sixgun sally comes to mind lol idk why), "broken bone"...

also thought something like

Red, the rose (from that song but it's too easy??)

So, maybe someone is better at putting these into a name or something. Ok, thanks!

I did one of those...algorithms or whatchamacallits, and got Cyanide After. It's too generic though. Gonna look up that thread now that you mentioned Brinn.

Mine is Adrenaline Helicopter. I remember I once tried to come up with an outfit and a story for him forever ago, but that kinda fell.

I think I tried to do something where one of his ancestors or something was a member of the black parade, not any of the band members, and their jacket was passed down through the generations and eventually ended up with him.

That's all I had, xD

I got the name by putting my name into a Killjoy name generator. I liked it, so I said; "Why not?"

I kinda looked at my personality which is a little crazy  and confident and the times that my emotions and moods shot out like an unexpected bullet. I kinda was like huh...what has a nice ring to it? It kinda just clicked. 

Wild Trigger is now my official Killjoy name and my username. Yay