• Announcements

• Tina

Rules + Regulations

Official Board Rules + Regulations Hello and welcome to The Official MCRmy Message Board! Wehope you find this to be a friendly place to discuss MCR and everythingin-between. Please read on for some general rules and etiquette: 1. Post threads intheir appropriate forums. Official News: Here you will find most of the recent MCR/MCRmy news. For complete updates visit mychemicalromance.com and mcrmy.com formore info. My Chemical Romance General Discussion: Discuss MCR in thisarea. Rumor threads will most likely be addressed by a board admin or mod, butare subject to being closed. Forum News: This forum is for all news and updates on themessages boards. Check this forum for updates on the board rules, how tocontact the board admin/mods, and more. MCRmy General Discussion: This forum is for all discussionrelated to MCRmy. Rumor threads willmost likely be addressed by a board admin or mod, but are subject to beingclosed. Gangs: Do you run your own MCRmy gang or team? Talk about ithere! If you’re looking to join a gang in your area, discuss it here! Tools: Have you created some MCR related tools to promotethe band? Share them here. Missions: Talk about promo related missions or ideas here! Art Corner: Share your art and meet other artists here! Non MCRmy Discussion: Post about all non MCR related topicshere. Randomness: Discuss anything that doesn’t fit into the othersections here! Rules and Regulations: Please read board rules beforeposting! Questions Concerning MCRmy Affairs: Having trouble with the boards or need helpfinding your way around? Post in this forum. SISH Help and Resources: The board has a strict no self harm postspolicy! If you are feeling like you may harm yourself please contact someonewho can help. Call 1-800-273-8255 or visitsuicidepreventionlifeline.org ortwloha.com/find-help. You can also contactThe Trevor Project atthetrevorproject.org or by calling their Lifeline at866-488-7386. 2. What To Post: Please be considerate ofall board members by thinking before you post. Make sure to use your searchbutton or be willing to go back a few pages to see if something has alreadybeen posted so that the information isn't repeated time and time again! Forexample, when you see a thread discussing MCR’s latest video and you want toshare your favorite part, please post in the existing thread rather thanstarting a new one. Asking questions isn't necessarily a bad thing; however,please use the search button first. Do not post the same thread in more thanone forum. This will all keep the board less cluttered and help things to runmore smoothly. Please post topics in their appropriate forums. If youposted a thread (that doesn't belong in the forum it was posted in) and it hassuddenly disappeared, chances are it has been moved to the appropriate forum.Please look there and please DO NOT re-post a moved thread because you cannotfind it. Also, feel free to refer back to the forum descriptionsabove when posting topics. If you aren’t sure where to post, come back here andre-read the info. Choose the forum that MOST relates to your topic. 3. Member Relationships: A lot of people here have become good friends. Some peopleare on here every day and have relationships outside of the boards. Do notexpect to make friends over night. Don’t be afraid of posting or askingquestions. We’re all here for the same reasons. Also, don’t hesitate to contactthe board admin/mods. They’re here to answer your questions and make thismessage board a great place for all fans to hang out. If you stick aroundthough, you'll make friends and participate in a lot of fun activities. **That said, please be extra cautious giving out anypersonal information. Additionally, do not post anyone else’s personal/ privateinformation on the boards.** 4. Respect Board Members: Please be respectful of others. It is ok to have an opinion;however, it is not an invitation to bash someone. Disagreement is OK.Controversy is OK. Everyone can be respectful when they disagree. There is noneed to get nasty over a disagreement. Keep in mind that people of all agesread these boards. Some people may kid around and be sarcastic, but I thinkpeople can generally decipher the difference. Provoking them will not solveanything and if they are bothersome to everyone (and its obvious), they will betaken care of. Report ANY thread you think a moderator should look at.Sometimes the board admin/mods might miss a thread. If you find spammers,obnoxious threads, or anything you think should be reported, send the mods/admina message or report the thread (see below for more info on reporting posts). 5. Personal Attacks and Trolls: Sometimes, disagreements can turn into personal conflicts. This canbe classified as something going beyond a minor disagreement and it turninginto something that can be handled outside of the boards. Please, try to avoidthese, or they will be handled otherwise. However, if someone makes fun of youbecause you didn't read the above listed advice, that is NOT considered apersonal attack. There is a difference. If it needs to be more clearly definedlater, that can be arranged. 6. Closed/DeletedThreads: Please be aware that if you don't follow the rules, there will beconsequences. It’s up to the discretion of the board admin and moderators.Threads/posts can get deleted, edited, or closed when deemed appropriate. Mostlikely there is an explanation why a thread has been closed; however, if youare unsure why one of your topics gets closed or deleted, contact the admin/modthat closed it. Threads/posts will ALMOST never be disposed of for an opinion.However, the option is always there for a thread to be deleted/edited(especially if it goes against the board regulations). 7. Reporting Posts:Do you see a post/thread with content that you think violates some of the ruleslisted above? Most of the time a board admin or mod will catch it. If it’s notclosed or handled quickly, feel free to report the post. Although they try, itis not possible for admin/mods to view every post on every page all the time.Any help you can provide in helping us solve these problems is greatlyappreciated. When reporting a post, please make sure to include a descriptionwhy the admin/mod needs to address the thread or post. It will help them knowwhat they are looking for instead of reading through pages of posts. If thereare certain members causing trouble in a particular thread, make sure youinclude their usernames and why you think they should be reported. **To report a post, use the Report button on the bottom-lefthand side of each post. If you can’t find it and still want to report thethread, copy the thread link and send it in a message to the boardadmin/mods.** 8. Signature Guidelines: For more information on signature guidelines, click here. 9. Spelling and Grammar: When posting, please make sure to double check your spelling.Additionally, please refrain from using text/AIM speak such as, "i wnt 2tlk b4 tmrrw" or "idk y u r tlking lyke that". It's ok to usesome terms like "lol", "bff" or other common abbreviations,but please don't compose a whole post like that. We appreciate your input andwant to make sure that everyone can read it. Also, please don't use a large font or bright colors as yourdefault posting settings. It's ok to use once in a while, but can make yourposts difficult for members to read. 10. FileTrading/ Bootlegs: Discussion of how and where to obtain bootleg (illegallyrecorded) audios or videos is not allowed. Direct links to such files will beremoved promptly and threads will be closed if it gets out of hand. Please keepsuch discussion segregated to private messages. If you're unsure whether or notsomething is a bootleg, here's a simple rule of thumb - if someone sitting inthe audience recorded it, it's a bootleg. Officially recorded aired ontelevision, radio, etc are perfectly acceptable. If you're still unsure, do nothesitate to contact a mod asking whether or not the audio/video you'd like topost is an illegal recording. This is both out of respect for MCR and any otherperformers, as well as to conform to all applicable copyright laws. 11. Becoming a Board Mod: If you are interested in applying for a board mod position (or suggesting another member), please PM the board Admin for more information. You can also email your application to tinamcrofficial@gmail.com with the following info: 1. how do you think you can contribute to the MCRmy community 2. what qualities do you posess that will make a good mod 3. do you have any mod experience? 4. other fun facts about yourself Only the board Admin has the ability to add new mods. Any threads about mods (ie suggestingmembers, bashing mods, etc) will be deleted. If you have concerns about theboards, either post them in the Help section or address it with anotheradmin/mod. 12. Respect BoardMods and Administrators Mods and Admins are only doing their jobs to enforce rules.They are volunteers that are passionate about the community and help it to run. Disrespect towards mods will not be tolerated. However, if you feel they haveacted harshly, please contact me privately and i will pass evaluate the issue.The mods are very nice people and if you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact them. They are full of knowledge. If you have any questions, feel free to contact one of your Administrators or Moderators. Useful links: www.mcrmy.com – the official MCRmy website www.mychemicalromance.com- the official My Chemical Romance Website
vacant alleyWAYS

Linkin Park, Green Day, And...korn

do you like these bands and why?   9 members have voted

1. 1. do you like these bands and why?

• Linkin Park
    • Green Day
    • Korn

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 posts in this topic

I know this is maybe an odd combination, but I like all of these and wondered who shared this with me and or had some nice stories. I know there were threads for some of these and I will check again who responded then, but I know there are a lot of new folks, like myself, and I wondered. so...

thoughts??

also, if you don't like any of these, or if you want to add more bands, that's fine too. These I just wondered about...maybe I'll do a poll...looking into how to do polls...

Green Day, because im a fan since american idiot and as i heard the song bobd i fell in love with the band, love everything about them, voice, songs and everything, my fav band btw

Linkin Park, awesome band, especially the metal and rap mix, love the voices of the singers

both have amazing lyrics, meaningful and emtional

Green Day, because im a fan since american idiot and as i heard the song bobd i fell in love with the band, love everything about them, voice, songs and everything, my fav band btw

Linkin Park, awesome band, especially the metal and rap mix, love the voices of the singers

To be honest, (plz don't hate me), I've never listened to the whole of American Idiot, and actually got sooo sick of "When September Ends" because the radio would play it sooo much!!! back then. And it seems EVERY time someone was playing the radio, that song would come on. SWEAR! So...but it IS a good song. I think I almost enjoyed it again recently ;)

But I do LOOOOVE Dookie (oh that sounds awful lol) and Nimrod! They hold a great sentimental value to me! XD And, is it just me or does Redundant sound like "I Don't Love You" (or well, vice verse)??? Tbh, that's partly why I didn't get into Black Parade until just last year. ;( I think the only hit at the time that I liked was "Famous Last Words". Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to get me to buy the album...

what am I getting at with this digression??? Should I purchase American Idiot? (if it's still on the rack at the store)...should I?

Linkin Park-the second most sentimental band in my life! (got to see them and Korn...and theUsed at Projekt Revolution-best day ever!!! ok, musically anyway ;) oh wait!!! but then I saw Frank! actually, I saw Hoobastank (AND Alien Ant Farm too) in between. Oh that was really awesome too because Hoobastank did a little tribute that only folks my age would have appreciated (played a sample of Tool's song "Sober") It was one of those times I felt super excited to be the my age I am right now!

Lyrics-yes yes yes!!! (agree on all three counts!!!) ...and then came My Chemical Romance! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Listening to these now Lisa!

Rock the casbah (haha oops). Longview is in here!!!

Linkin Park was one of the first bands I got into when I was still in middle school, though I wouldn't consider myself a big fan back then. I knew them first time with "Numb" and "Points of Authority", but I didn't even know what the hell the singer was screaming about except the word "numb"...and I still didn't know what that word means.

Anyway, sometime after that, Green Day came out like, "In your face!" with "Do you wanna be an American Idiot?!" Me and my sister were very hooked to the song and their other song "Boulevard of Broken Dreams". It's not just the song, it's because of their fashion style back in the day that almost reminiscent to My Chemical Romance. I didn't think, "Woah, emo look is cool" but I only thought "Woah, these guys look so cool and rock out like a badass." However, I got into Green Day more, after they made 21st Century Breakdown.

Flashforward, one of my roommates introduced me to Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park and his project called Fort Minor. He was the one that helped me know more about who sing this and who play this song and what is this song that was on the radio.

So from then on, I became a huge fan of Linkin Park, especially after they put out "What I've Done" and made it an epic finale song to Transformers the Movie.

To be honest, (plz don't hate me), I've never listened to the whole of American Idiot, and actually got sooo sick of "When September Ends" because the radio would play it sooo much!!! back then. And it seems EVERY time someone was playing the radio, that song would come on. SWEAR! So...but it IS a good song. I think I almost enjoyed it again recently ;)

But I do LOOOOVE Dookie (oh that sounds awful lol) and Nimrod! They hold a great sentimental value to me! XD And, is it just me or does Redundant sound like "I Don't Love You" (or well, vice verse)??? Tbh, that's partly why I didn't get into Black Parade until just last year. ;( I think the only hit at the time that I liked was "Famous Last Words". Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to get me to buy the album...

what am I getting at with this digression??? Should I purchase American Idiot? (if it's still on the rack at the store)...should I?

Linkin Park-the second most sentimental band in my life! (got to see them and Korn...and theUsed at Projekt Revolution-best day ever!!! ok, musically anyway ;) oh wait!!! but then I saw Frank! actually, I saw Hoobastank (AND Alien Ant Farm too) in between. Oh that was really awesome too because Hoobastank did a little tribute that only folks my age would have appreciated (played a sample of Tool's song "Sober") It was one of those times I felt super excited to be the my age I am right now!

Lyrics-yes yes yes!!! (agree on all three counts!!!) ...and then came My Chemical Romance! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

my opinion: you should buy it!!! its a great record, love it and its worth buying and listening to it!!!

@msuNevershouldEverknow : thx a lot for these videos, they look so young there^^

oh i love the american idiot area, love the style,clothes and so

Linkin Park was one of the first bands I got into when I was still in middle school, though I wouldn't consider myself a big fan back then. I knew them first time with "Numb" and "Points of Authority", but I didn't even know what the hell the singer was screaming about except the word "numb"...and I still didn't know what that word means.

Anyway, sometime after that, Green Day came out like, "In your face!" with "Do you wanna be an American Idiot?!" Me and my sister were very hooked to the song and their other song "Boulevard of Broken Dreams". It's not just the song, it's because of their fashion style back in the day that almost reminiscent to My Chemical Romance. I didn't think, "Woah, emo look is cool" but I only thought "Woah, these guys look so cool and rock out like a badass." However, I got into Green Day more, after they made 21st Century Breakdown.

Flashforward, one of my roommates introduced me to Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park and his project called Fort Minor. He was the one that helped me know more about who sing this and who play this song and what is this song that was on the radio.

So from then on, I became a huge fan of Linkin Park, especially after they put out "What I've Done" and made it an epic finale song to Transformers the Movie.

you and lisa reminded me, LP, as I said, the lyrics...I want to add thatthey were to me then (high school) like MCR is to me now! Some most memorable songs are Breaking the Habit and Crawling? (I'm a little rusty on the names) "I tried so hard and got so far, in the end it doesn't even matter" we had this latter one on for a school presentation ...some inspirational jazz. Anyway, ...

my opinion: you should buy it!!! its a great record, love it and its worth buying and listening to it!!!

if it's there, it's mine! I didn't know Minority was there or wait Holiday? Or both? Shoot...no, that video Missy put had several albums? Idk know...might rather have a greatest hits or smth.

@msuNevershouldEverknow : thx a lot for these videos, they look so young there^^

oh i love the american idiot area, love the style,clothes and so

I liked Green Day when they were Green Day.

ah Monroe! But I did prefer older stuff in the beginning. Now, like I said, into the hits I guess...

I think I goofed somth up here!

Haha yeah lisa, read closely there!

Also, sid?...I didn't know of Fort Myer.

Anyone know of STP and Chester taking over that?? (I also love STP...but honestly haven't heard since Weiland left)

It's not so much that. They admit they know nothing of politics and yet they speak out about politics. They don't research, own they don't and it irritates me that they do this, fuck republicans and the NRA. They know nothing. They want to stay relevant and  rage against the machine and other bands, were pissed off and now they are faking it because it fits.

They're like those people who wear Che t-shirts but forget he was terrorist and was in charge of executions

It's not so much that. They admit they know nothing of politics and yet they speak out about politics. They don't research, own they don't and it irritates me that they do this, fuck republicans and the NRA. They know nothing. They want to stay relevant and  rage against the machine and other bands, were pissed off and now they are faking it because it fits.

They're like those people who wear Che t-shirts but forget he was terrorist and was in charge of executions

Oh yes, I see your point. I've heard this before too. Honestly, I haven't listened to much of the lyrics of the new things. They may not be true punk, but still ok.

it'd not even punk, just the stupid shit they say and how they fake everything now.

hmm, idk Monroe. like i said, i've kindof lost touch with them, but i still like some of it....so, in YOUR opinion, when were they Green Day?

Also, time to share this mashup. Love it!

there's also a live one, but I have yet to listen to it...ooo! but it's from the same year I saw them!!! XD

okay, for the sole sake of Jon Davis's dreadlocks :P...here it is! omgsh! it's going too fast, but he might be wearing the shirt I bought on that tour!!!

@vacant_alleyWAYS Lol, that lyric came from the song "In The End" which oddly I never heard of until I was entering high school. "Breaking The Habit" was also one of the songs that exposed me to LP, because of the music video really (it seemed strange, confusing and scary when I saw it as a kid, Now, it really seemed sad and depressing.).

Fort Minor is a solo project that Mike Shinoda done alongside Styles of Beyond. The focus was more towards rap and hip-hop. My personal favourite from his solo project is "Believe Me", "Remember The Name" and "Where'd You Go?"

Anyway, I'm guessing you don't listen to their oldest albums a lot since you don't remember which song is the lyric goes to, and all haha. Don't worry about it, though--I actually just listened the two old albums earlier in 2014. My first album was a pirated album of Minutes to Midnight. The first original album is Living Things. I didn't want to own A Thousand Suns album because it didn't impress greatly as a concept album. But if I find it, I might buy for the sake of complete collection, haha.

Nah, the older stuff is what I really mostly listened to but it has been many years since I really paid attention. But I was corrdctabout the song and wrong about the lyrics. That memory was even more years ago...

the lyrics...

(without a sense of confidence and I'm convinced that there's just too much pressure to take)

Haha cuz it was something about peer pressure or something haha make sense? Anyway, the important thing is that it was one time I actually enjoyed a school presentation! Heehee

Interesting about the solo project, although I am not really into rap.

Nah, the older stuff is what I really mostly listened to but it has been many years since I really paid attention. But I was corrdctabout the song and wrong about the lyrics. That memory was even more years ago...

the lyrics...

(without a sense of confidence and I'm convinced that there's just too much pressure to take)

Haha cuz it was something about peer pressure or something haha make sense? Anyway, the important thing is that it was one time I actually enjoyed a school presentation! Heehee

and Minutes to Midnight is actually the last album I have listened to haha so yeah.

Interesting about the solo project, although I am not really into rap.

Haha, really? You didn't listen anything after Minutes To Midnight?

I wouldn't say their newest two albums are bad (though this is the person who gave Living Things and The Hunting Party, 4 out of 5). I've heard the flaws, and I agreed on some, but they never take away the enjoyment. The Hunting Party was meant to be the "prequel of Hybrid Theory and Meteora" and I liked the idea and it worked greatly (it also made it feel like Chester's part seemed genuine to be the trying-to-be-better old youth.) Living Things is like "Oh my God, I'd rather listen to this than their last album". It is considered as the lightest rock album from Linkin Park, but it has heavy moments just like Minutes to Midnight. I would listen to the album whenever I feel like moving my body. The surprising thing about the album is that there's not one song that I dislike or say "Eh, I like it but not love it". So I would let every track in the album played, no skipping.

But that's just me. Sorry if I sound boring and pretentious. I'm always criticizing.

Haha yes really! Not much anyway. Not sure...M2M came out around Transformers, but there was another song release, a one off after right? And then...a thousand suns? I thought that was it or maybe ok no, had to be that. Listened to few seconds of track 1 skiptto 2 and...skip 3 even,...I just could not finish a song!

So, that was last. Maybe the others are better tho

Boring? No. As others will say, life is only interesting when we are not all the same! As long as we can agree to disagree...but that's not the issue here. I just am ignorant..which is fine too right? Well, in this case, I think so. I never said LP sucks or anything...well, one album maybe ;) ...but pretentious? Ha you make me laugh? You are not pretentious as far as I am aware. And you are educating me! If anyone could be pretentious, it'd be me IF I chose to ramble on about new LP without having listened. Haha Awe Sid! You are just fun! Don't ever change! XD

Yeah, there was one song specially made for the second movie of the Transformers franchise called New Divide (an awesome song, no doubt). And later on, A Thousand Suns. Haha, I was looking forward to the album--a bit hyped about it since it's a concept album and I'm a sucker for concept albums. At first, I did somehow love the album. But I might have been in denial of how disappointing it is, and also possibly because I'm being one of those hardcore fans.

(This is where I will rant about the album A Thousand Sun and it might come out as annoying and unnecessary. So you may skip this part if you wish so.)

It could have been a really good, well-made, well thought out album with a concept of nuclear apocalypse. And they really seemed ambitious about it, but it is the weakest album they ever made personally. Right from the start, two instrumental songs as the introduction to the album--not a good sign. And it is also not a good sign when the first track is not as good as any first track of any album.

The Hunting Party's Keys To The Kingdom: Chester's screaming before we start listening to the music? Incredible way to start rocking. And another best thing about this song is that it totally sums up of what we're going to expect in the album. Rob's developed fast and heavy drumming skill, Phoenix's and Brad's raw guitar riffs, and more of Mike Shinoda;s vocal involvement.

Living Things' Lost in the Echo: Straight-up electronic before it adds a heavy rock flavour pack that makes you want to do the seizure dance. Adding up with the lyric and how it is presented, it gives you the angry and sad feel.

Minutes to Midnight's Wake: the best progression from being static, broken and dark into this wake up call for something epic

Meteora's Foreword: super short, super simple, and super straight-FOREWORD to the song Don't Stay. Unnecessary? Yes. But it is at least goes away quicker than a two-minute intro of A Thousand Suns, which also has ANOTHER instrumental track afterwards before we get to the juicy part.

Hybrid Theory's Papercut: Electronic drum beats (makes you think like, "Oh, this is going to be a hip hop thing? Ugh I though this is going to be a rock album"), then guitar riffs (makes you think like, "Oh, wait...this is a rock album..I think...or maybe just a sample."), then the disc scratch (makes you think like, "Woah, what? What? What's this? The disc scratch alongside with the guitar riffs? This is not sampling at all! What the fuck am I listening?!"), then the disc scratch goes to this quick "WOOSHH" sound (makes you think like, "Oh shit....RIP my ears"), and BOOM! Right in the face: freaking Nu-metal, riches!

The Requiem (the first track) is not an awful, bad intro, but it is so long and the sound of echoing lady makes it really, really boring. I get that they want to set us up with some kind of spacey, scary environment in our mind, but it just makes me want to skip it. Why? Because again, there's another instrumental song after the intro. Why? Isn't it enough to have just one instrumental song to gives us the introduction? Is it because the first track was boring as hell so you want me to hear the Creator of the Nuclear Bomb talks about him being the Destroyer of Worlds while an even better music background? Seriously, if they just use The Radiance as the intro itself, it might gone well. I could say that it is a really great way to start off the album because that whole speech alongside with the background music really gives me the chills. But no, we have to have two instrumental songs as the introduction of the whole album, and the very first track to be long and boring while the actual first track should be the one after.

Another problem about the album is that a lot of the songs really feel like fillers. There are about 6 tracks that are short instrumental songs (3 of which have voices and echoes), 1 track is a longer one, and the rest are "sing-able" tracks...but some of these "sing-able" tracks are easily skippable. Songs like "When They Come For Me" and "Wretches and Kings" aren't really great. Even Shinoda's rap didn't flow well to my ears, and the lyrics themselves came out pretentious. Each track though has their strong points, but for most tracks, those strong points doesn't help make them listenable. Example for "When They Come For Me", I did find the last part of the song (starting with Chester's part and onward) so good and interesting. I even liked the yodeling too. But I have to wait for Shinoda to finish rapping about he is not what he is not and whatever that is "funky".

And the whole album itself is a freaking mess, especially in between. Like is there a story that Linkin Park tried to tell? Is there a beginning, middle and end here? Or is this just another album that has tracks talking about one perspective of a nuclear war? From how it is structured at the start, it really feels like they were trying to tell a story, but it didn't work because of the in between.

Here's what I get from "The Requiem" to "Burning In The Skies" is that a nuclear disaster happened and the whole world is laughing and crying when they notice great danger in the sky. And this cause the war in track "Empty Spaces". "When They Come For Me" is probably a soldier-at-war's changing perspective of himself and the world he is currently in. Then, there's a talk about not losing hope in "Robot Boy" but then....I got lost afterwards. But then, I got back on track after listening to another speech in "Wisdom, Justice and Love" and I thought, "Oh right after this must be the eye-opener, the closing of the nuclear war" until I listened to "The Catalyst" which came after "Iridescent" (which also makes me feel like I am on the right track) and "Fallout" (which judging by the title means "Fudge, we're not done yet!") and I was like, "Wait, what....Oh come on, why is this song's placed here?" Seriously, this song could have been somewhere in the middle somehow. Or hell, I don't mind if it is around the start. So why is it the second last song in the album, I don't even know. What I do know is that it breaks the whole ending to the album.

This is also incredibly confusing because it seems like Mike Shinoda and Chester Bennington is playing as more than one character but there's no indication what character they are portraying as. Sometimes I also wonder if the soldier-at-war is not a soldier but actually the character Destroyer of Worlds. But Mike's voice and the Creator of the Nuclear Bomb's voice doesn't sound the same so that can't possibly it. This is a huge problem when you want to add more than one character in a story-telling concept album--if this is supposed to be that. The Black Parade only have one character that is talking (or singing) and he would mention some other character by name or with he, she, they, etc. The only side character that has ever talked or sang in the album (as far as I know) is his mother--and she at least sound different than the main character. Danger Days? Eff me that doesn't have any character singing or talking. We can argue that Dr. Death-defy is perhaps responsible for playing these tracks. He is like a narrator, he sets up the beginning, the middle, and the ending--but he lets the story speaks for itself. And at least, My Chemical Romance sure knows how to make it possible for us to know and understand the lore in this album through multiple music videos, promotional videos and more. And even if it end up being a messy album, at least every single track in this album is easily listenable, re-playable and sing-able without skipping (and freaking amazing!)

But A Thousand Sun has at least three song that I enjoyed listening: Waiting For The End, Iridescent, and The Messenger. The coincidental thing about this set of songs? They're all almost tamed, gentle, yet they are somewhat melancholic and kind of depressing. Waiting For The End is such a hopeless, sad song with a slightly upbeat music yet still colors the whole track with grayness. Iridescent is all about facing the fact that there is no good future in all that we've done, whether what we've done is a good thing (calling for peace) or a bad thing (nuclear disaster)--and by facing the truth is to let go of it all and walk along the destined road. The Messenger screams out "when life keeps us blind, love keeps us kind", and I say "scream" not just because Chester literally scream in this one while the acoustic guitar plays--the message of stay determined and hopeful continues on but it grows weaker and weaker as the whole world becomes darker, no matter how loud the messenger screams.

In fact, the whole album is a pretty depressing album if you think about it. Possibly the most depressing album. But that's not the reason why I don't like the album. I don't like it because it is messy, it has very weak, skippable songs, and its concept is not done well enough, personally speaking. It is not the worst or the most awfully-made album, it is just the most disappointing album and the weakest album from Linkin Park.

(This is where the rant ends. FIN)

Hahaha, I don't mind to agree to disagree, though I guess that's not the issue here as well..I think. And it's fine if we are being ignorant at some point, but the very least we could try to do is listen and understand and respect others' point of view. If people don't like Linkin Park, that is fine. But I at least would like a reason, you know? Haha, I am actually flattered that you find it "educative". I mean, if you still don't find the new LP good and all, it's really fine because I do get it. But I guess I am one of those people who accept the change. All I expect from Linkin Park are some great tunes for me to listen to. And yeah, I guess I'm kind of fun (no no I'm not, I really am not seriously)??? But I guess I won't change that part of me, haha.