Photo

Art Attacks Project

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#1 detonatordangerheart

detonatordangerheart

Motorbaby

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationCape Coral, FL

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:57 AM

So I've been toying with this idea for awhile now, and I thought if anyone would be into it, it'd be the killjoys.

I'm planning to stage so-called "art attacks", which basically involves making public places into art, or making/leaving art in public places. It's kind of hard to explain, so I hope you guys get what I mean...

#2 river

river

Captain

• Members
  • 10,099 posts
  • Locationspace city

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:10 AM

I totally get what you mean!

Kind of like graffiti, right? Or what Banksy or Shepard Fairey do.

Or if it's truly an attack of an army/Rmy, it would be multiple people leaving/creating art in a space. Like Improv Everywhere, except with art art, not performance art.

#3 Sanity

Sanity

Captain

• Members
  • 3,544 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:22 AM

http://yarnbombing.com/

O_O
Bawls.

Posted ImageTHISISFILLERTEXT. CONGRATULATIONSYOUHAVEWONACOOKIE.Posted ImagePosted Image
Level 130 Bishop
Independence Guild of Bera Wut-Wut!
Keeper of: The Ghost of You [Song], Early Sunsets Over Monroeville, The Sound Academy - 12/18/2010, this guy -> Posted Image , this green colour, and this font.

Beep-beep, Richie!
Posted Image

#4 river

river

Captain

• Members
  • 10,099 posts
  • Locationspace city

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:30 AM

Oh, I've heard of that, too! I have a crafts book that gave instructions on how to knit a tag thing for car antennas xD

#5 SulfurSiren

SulfurSiren

Captain

• Members
  • 17,664 posts
  • LocationUSWxy

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:11 AM

This sounds really interesting! Do you have a plan in mind or are you looking for ideas?

***NOW IS THE TIME & THE TEST WE MUST MEET***

Keeper of Detroit 9.11.11, To The End, & MCR(my) Mug Project

When you forget the words, I will sing them for you

#6 detonatordangerheart

detonatordangerheart

Motorbaby

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationCape Coral, FL

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:30 PM

This sounds really interesting! Do you have a plan in mind or are you looking for ideas?

Kind of looking for ideas! I saw another thread where someone had made power pup can labels, and they were talking about printing a bunch of those, then going to a store and covering a bunch of cans with them. So that's an idea, it's not as high-impact as I'm really looking for, but it's a start

#7 detonatordangerheart

detonatordangerheart

Motorbaby

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationCape Coral, FL

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:36 PM

I totally get what you mean!

Kind of like graffiti, right? Or what Banksy or Shepard Fairey do.

Or if it's truly an attack of an army/Rmy, it would be multiple people leaving/creating art in a space. Like Improv Everywhere, except with art art, not performance art.

I'm talking about both! and performance art, too! :D

#8 detonatordangerheart

detonatordangerheart

Motorbaby

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationCape Coral, FL

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

http://yarnbombing.com/

O_O

That's really cool!

#9 jetblack

jetblack

Captain

• Members
  • 3,851 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:53 AM

That sounds cool. I used to leave drawings around my town. I also left sticky notes with little messages on them.
I'm afraid to close my eyes, I'm afraid to open them.

Rage and Love
Nostalgic for Disaster
Merci Pour le Venin
TumblrTwitter

#10 detonatordangerheart

detonatordangerheart

Motorbaby

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationCape Coral, FL

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

That sounds cool. I used to leave drawings around my town. I also left sticky notes with little messages on them.

That's exactly the kind of thing I wanna do!! When I was younger, my friend and I had this idea to write letters, put them in envelopes and leave them on park benches and stuff, addressed to "whoever may find this" or something like that. I love the idea of anonymous messages.

#11 Kobra Kid

Kobra Kid

Cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

Hey! It's kinda amusing because today, I took photos of street-art pieces, which are... inside companies, on the windows!
Take a look (these are from my Tumblr vandertwix.tumblr.com) :
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

White-collars are funny too! :lol:

#12 river

river

Captain

• Members
  • 10,099 posts
  • Locationspace city

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:31 PM

That's exactly the kind of thing I wanna do!! When I was younger, my friend and I had this idea to write letters, put them in envelopes and leave them on park benches and stuff, addressed to "whoever may find this" or something like that. I love the idea of anonymous messages.

I think I'm going to start doing stuff like this now... :)

#13 detonatordangerheart

detonatordangerheart

Motorbaby

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationCape Coral, FL

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:45 PM

Hey! It's kinda amusing because today, I took photos of street-art pieces, which are... inside companies, on the windows!
Take a look (these are from my Tumblr vandertwix.tumblr.com) :
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

White-collars are funny too! :lol:

That's so cool! :D

#14 detonatordangerheart

detonatordangerheart

Motorbaby

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationCape Coral, FL

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:46 PM

I think when we start doing this stuff, we should have a blog and post about it... anonymously. So kinda like banksy, but killjoy version!

#15 Siera

Siera

Killjoy

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:52 PM

I love this idea! It would be cool to maybe put on a public art-related scavenger hunt too - like maybe leave puzzle pieces around with clues to find the next one.

"Like phantoms, forever"

this shit is easy peasy, pumpkin peasy,

PUMPKIN PIE, MOTHERFUCKER

Tumblr

#16 jetblack

jetblack

Captain

• Members
  • 3,851 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:55 PM

My friend had this website and she would leave her artwork around with the web address on it. On the website you were supposed to post a picture of you with the art when you found it. She also put clues to where it was hidden.
I'm afraid to close my eyes, I'm afraid to open them.

Rage and Love
Nostalgic for Disaster
Merci Pour le Venin
TumblrTwitter

#17 river

river

Captain

• Members
  • 10,099 posts
  • Locationspace city

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:54 AM

I think when we start doing this stuff, we should have a blog and post about it... anonymously. So kinda like banksy, but killjoy version!

that sounds excellent!
We could use our killjoy names... or maybe, to be totally anonymous, we could just come up with new names.

#18 river

river

Captain

• Members
  • 10,099 posts
  • Locationspace city

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:14 AM

Okay, so I was thinking-

We could make a tumblr, and let people submit anonymously. They could submit their own stuff, but we could also post missions/ideas every week or so. Or maybe every couple of weeks, or every month. People could post their art for that, too.

#19 BadLuck

BadLuck

Captain

• Members
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationZone 30,USWxy

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:34 PM

This is an awesome idea!!!
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Sister Wife of the Mcrmy. You mess with Toro,you get the fans. Winjevil in Scenarioverse. Tattooist and Croquet Supplies Seller of the Chemical Wxypublic.
I'm Like The Rin Kagamine of The Rmy. The little blonde sister person who's just there. Call me Annie~ -Rolling Girl
"Rolling Girl is at the end of the ruins, beyond unreachable colors
Overlapping voices with voices and blending, blending."-Hatsune Miku, Rolling Girl
It's foolish love" they sneered but it's okay, because I'll sacrifice everything and go right now"~Oh my Juliet. LM.C

#20 Radioactive Zombie

Radioactive Zombie

Captain

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • LocationZone 11 California

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

I like this idea alot! I'm going to start writting letters and leaving them in the park!
Posted Image Marlboro Reds!
Killjoy Grafitti Bomb comming to set this world on fire!
"You are going to come across alot of shitty bands, and alot of shitty people and if anyone of those people call you names because of what you look like, or because they don't accept you for who you are, I want you to look right at the motherfucker, stick up your middle finger, and scream FUCK YOU!!!" - Gerard Way

My Chemical Romance concerts 3/31/2008 12/12/2010 5/27/2011 5/28/2011  10/6/2011  10/8/2011  6 down 5 to go (I'm aiming for 11, my favorite number )

Meeting My Chemical Romance aka the best NIGHTS of my life 11/18/2010 AND 1/26/2011 <-- my birthday