Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

detonatordangerheart

Art Attacks Project

65 posts in this topic

So I've been toying with this idea for awhile now, and I thought if anyone would be into it, it'd be the killjoys.

I'm planning to stage so-called "art attacks", which basically involves making public places into art, or making/leaving art in public places. It's kind of hard to explain, so I hope you guys get what I mean...

I totally get what you mean!

Kind of like graffiti, right? Or what Banksy or Shepard Fairey do.

Or if it's truly an attack of an army/Rmy, it would be multiple people leaving/creating art in a space. Like Improv Everywhere, except with art art, not performance art.

Oh, I've heard of that, too! I have a crafts book that gave instructions on how to knit a tag thing for car antennas xD

This sounds really interesting! Do you have a plan in mind or are you looking for ideas?

This sounds really interesting! Do you have a plan in mind or are you looking for ideas?

Kind of looking for ideas! I saw another thread where someone had made power pup can labels, and they were talking about printing a bunch of those, then going to a store and covering a bunch of cans with them. So that's an idea, it's not as high-impact as I'm really looking for, but it's a start

I totally get what you mean!

Kind of like graffiti, right? Or what Banksy or Shepard Fairey do.

Or if it's truly an attack of an army/Rmy, it would be multiple people leaving/creating art in a space. Like Improv Everywhere, except with art art, not performance art.

I'm talking about both! and performance art, too! :D

That sounds cool. I used to leave drawings around my town. I also left sticky notes with little messages on them.

That sounds cool. I used to leave drawings around my town. I also left sticky notes with little messages on them.

That's exactly the kind of thing I wanna do!! When I was younger, my friend and I had this idea to write letters, put them in envelopes and leave them on park benches and stuff, addressed to "whoever may find this" or something like that. I love the idea of anonymous messages.

Hey! It's kinda amusing because today, I took photos of street-art pieces, which are... inside companies, on the windows!

Take a look (these are from my Tumblr vandertwix.tumblr.com) :

tumblr_lp1xnoAnGo1qh8j4vo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1311958090&Signature=RSexSWniAmj%2BKM%2F%2FZQpoBdq0gwY%3D

tumblr_lp1xnoAnGo1qh8j4vo2_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1311958119&Signature=rUXUuPR7vuaFJS6%2BjqZ%2BCc6y4mo%3D

tumblr_lp1xh6FJtN1qh8j4vo3_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1311958172&Signature=y0C91p5evdz0EGHrmb8A63eY4%2BA%3D

tumblr_lp1xh6FJtN1qh8j4vo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1311958194&Signature=3Koj8aEq2weW718O8WPce1JFPM8%3D

White-collars are funny too! :lol:

That's exactly the kind of thing I wanna do!! When I was younger, my friend and I had this idea to write letters, put them in envelopes and leave them on park benches and stuff, addressed to "whoever may find this" or something like that. I love the idea of anonymous messages.

I think I'm going to start doing stuff like this now... :)

Hey! It's kinda amusing because today, I took photos of street-art pieces, which are... inside companies, on the windows!

Take a look (these are from my Tumblr vandertwix.tumblr.com) :

tumblr_lp1xnoAnGo1qh8j4vo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1311958090&Signature=RSexSWniAmj%2BKM%2F%2FZQpoBdq0gwY%3D

tumblr_lp1xnoAnGo1qh8j4vo2_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1311958119&Signature=rUXUuPR7vuaFJS6%2BjqZ%2BCc6y4mo%3D

tumblr_lp1xh6FJtN1qh8j4vo3_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1311958172&Signature=y0C91p5evdz0EGHrmb8A63eY4%2BA%3D

tumblr_lp1xh6FJtN1qh8j4vo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1311958194&Signature=3Koj8aEq2weW718O8WPce1JFPM8%3D

White-collars are funny too! :lol:

That's so cool! :D

I think when we start doing this stuff, we should have a blog and post about it... anonymously. So kinda like banksy, but killjoy version!

I love this idea! It would be cool to maybe put on a public art-related scavenger hunt too - like maybe leave puzzle pieces around with clues to find the next one.

My friend had this website and she would leave her artwork around with the web address on it. On the website you were supposed to post a picture of you with the art when you found it. She also put clues to where it was hidden.

I think when we start doing this stuff, we should have a blog and post about it... anonymously. So kinda like banksy, but killjoy version!

that sounds excellent!

We could use our killjoy names... or maybe, to be totally anonymous, we could just come up with new names.

Okay, so I was thinking-

We could make a tumblr, and let people submit anonymously. They could submit their own stuff, but we could also post missions/ideas every week or so. Or maybe every couple of weeks, or every month. People could post their art for that, too.

Okay, so I was thinking-

We could make a tumblr, and let people submit anonymously. They could submit their own stuff, but we could also post missions/ideas every week or so. Or maybe every couple of weeks, or every month. People could post their art for that, too.

This, simply, Rachel.

Anyway, I'm up for whatever you guys decide to do, though puzzles or inside jokes with the MCRmy would be really fun. Anyone hear Wanted Posters or Kevin Intense?

Wanted posters would be awesome!

So... should I make a tumblr, or does someone want to...?

I'm making the tumblr now!

So- does anyone want to run it with me? Radar? And detonatordangerheart, since it was your idea? :)